Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,544
1 members and 1,543 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 08-26-2005, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Constatutions....

I just found this site and i thought that maybe some girls in other local sororities could maybe give me some ideas on how to motivate my other sisters.

Our Sorority has only been around for about 15 years...we have just gotten our house back on campus(when national sororities move in, we get booted)...we really would love to grow in numbers but we find it hard to agree on how to do that.

OUr dues are not veyr much abut 30 bucks a month(not bad) but i have found since i have become tressurer that our dues are not enough to pay our bills...so we are falling behind in payments to the college who we rent from. How much are dues in some of your sororities???

Have you found any really good ways to show your sorority in the best light when you have three National soroties to compete with for recuitment???

Have do you guys go about fining people? Have you figured out how to form a point system?

If there is any advise you could give me it would be great!

Thanks!

Last edited by lightmonkey; 08-28-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

at my school I know that if you live in the house you pay a certain amount each month for rent on top of your dues. if you don't live in the house you don't pay anything but you are given duties or chores in the house because you use it.

At some schools there are membership dues, house fee (for everyone pays to cover costs of utilities, cleaning supplies, house events, etc), and house rent for those who live there.

there is no reason for members who don't live in your house to pay extra.

we don't have a house, but if we did we would use a system similar to what i've described.

graceanne
Old 08-29-2005, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

We can not live in our house because it is against school rules or something...if we did live there then yes paying extra would make sence..but we do not so it makes it a little hard.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

because we use it for meetings and hanging out and stuff...it's great..it's a small house with like 3 rooms.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

AT Our House

Well we just got our house and im sooooo excited to say that as an alumni and one of the founding father of the fraternity. We have been around for 4 yrs now going on 5 in feb, and our undergraduate dues are 200.00 a year or u can pay 100.00 a semester so it will not look like your paying soo much. Alumi dues are 400.00 yearly or u can they can pay in installments as well. Our house payment are paid by the active members who stay in the house for the semester which is usually taking out of there finicial aid money or how ever they pay for it. During the summer the members that stay in the house has to pay out there pocket or some money come from dues and other fees to have the house open during the summer. See if you have enough money or will u be consider to use your room and board as payment for your housing expenses for the semester or the year works for us.... holla back aiight...