GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 771
0 members and 771 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

quota additions

trying to find the answer to another question, i came upon this explaination in the npc greenbook:

to paraphrase: there is a cap of 5% of quota for any chapters quota additions.
to be eligible for quota additions the campus must be using the npc release figure method.

as long as a pnm's name appears somewhere on the chapters bid list, she did not single intentional preference(suicide) and she attended all recruitment events to which she received an invitation, she will be matched to the fraternity chapter she listed on her membership recruitment acceptance form which is the smallest in chapter size. however, the group may not exceed quota by more than 5 %. if 5% of quota is a fractional number then the number is rounded up.

quota additions will not raise the overall total and it can only be used during bid matching

this is used for women whose bids did not match in the normal course of bidmatching and who must be placed in a chapter that has already reached quota.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 08-14-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

wait is that last word total or quota?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

oops!! thanks for pointing that out. i was not actually trying to make an already confusing explanation, more confusing
Old 08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

lol it just didn't make sense with "total" there

Thanks for posting it, I never really understood it as an undergrad.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
so here is my question - if the

polly pnm ranks xyz first (and xyz reaches quota)
polly pnm ranks abc second (and abc hasnt hit quota yet)

will panhellenic put polly with xyz - so she gets her first choice
or will they put polly with abc to get them to quota?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
If polly pnm put ABC on her bid card and ABC hasn't hit quota then polly pnm will get a bid to ABC.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
however, the group may not exceed quota by more than 5 %. if 5% of quota is a fractional number then the number is rounded up.
Okay....I have a question.

I was looking at the recruitment results page, and I'm wondering how the 5% rule actually works. If I'm not mistaken - AGD at UGA got 64 new member,s when quota was only 52. HOW does 12=5%????

I thought that the most any chapter could have taken would have been 52 + 5%, or 2.6 girls, rounded up to 3.

So how is it that they were able take take quota plus 12? I'm just trying to understand the process. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
Okay....I have a question.

I was looking at the recruitment results page, and I'm wondering how the 5% rule actually works. If I'm not mistaken - AGD at UGA got 64 new member,s when quota was only 52. HOW does 12=5%????

I thought that the most any chapter could have taken would have been 52 + 5%, or 2.6 girls, rounded up to 3.

So how is it that they were able take take quota plus 12? I'm just trying to understand the process. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure AGD was under total before recruitment, and so the other 9 may have been Snaps (COBs) and not QA's.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't EVER been involved in bid matching, (thank god, everyone), so I'm completely speculating based on random conversation with an active member and GC.

Technically the additional girls may be snaps or COB, but they are apparently extended only to girls who attended prefs, were on the bid list, and listed the groups, so the experience to the chapter and to the PNM is that of QA. The PNMS are matched to a chapter they listed after prefs and the PNMs were on the chapters bid list, which isn't the usually snap and COB situation.

But I can't figure out the numbers at all. I think UGA may be looking more carefully at all the chapter sizes when they balance the groups with additions. Rather than having hard cap at 5% for all chapters, they match PNMs beyond that cap at smaller chapters, thereby equaling chapter size out more. It seems to go beyond even matching them to total if total is really 170.

This kind of indicates my stalkery nature about UGA greek life, but when they put out the grade report, they usually put chapter size on there and we can kind of see how the QA groups stand. Usually the groups who are largest might only get one or two QAs.

ETA: not that it changes the discussion much, but I think that final quota was actually set at 56. Apparently they were working with quota range when the 52 came out as quota. But if you look, any group considered making quota got 56 or more.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 09-04-2007 at 06:35 PM.