GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,140
0 members and 1,140 guests
No Members online

Old 10-04-2002, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkey08
Respecting Relationships

A friend of mine sent this to me.

Respect the Ring!

Why do we have so many single mothers?
Because Sisters have stopped respecting each other.
When will we give honor and respect to the ring?
Treat it as a sign of commitment not, a materialistic thing.
When will you respect the ring that we wear on our hands?
Just walk away from a married man.

Before I go any further, I want you all to know.
Whether you believe God or not, you will reap what you sow.
Countless times we've asked men not to cheat.
But they laugh and tell me "Tell it to the woman out in the street."
They tell me things like "It takes two to tango, why are you blaming me.
Why? Because God designed you to be the backbone of the family.
Then you hear woman say, "Men are dogs they will cheat anyway."
That's why I am taking the time to talk to the ladies today.

Stop letting men have there cake and eat it to.
Because if he were all that, he wouldn't have left me for you.
You enable him to take your Sister through hell.
Then you're walking around with the attitude of "Oh well."

I myself stayed with a man that had an affair.
Not out of stupidly, but because I loved him and I still care.
Because of the children I had to look in the face.
And explain why their dad lived in another place.
Because I had to explain how my home girl or friend.
Brought another family to a sad, sorry end.
And you may say, "It will never happen to me."
Life isn't that short honey, you wait and see.
Right when you finished with your games and get ready to settle down. Some hot little honey and your man will be messing around.

With me, he is a husband and a father, a man who pays bills.
With you he gets to be a boy, with cheap 5 minute thrills.
He sees my stretch marks, and your stomach is flat.
He's too blind to see that the heart is where it's at.

But your looks will soon change some day, just like mine.
Then he'll look for someone else to replace you in due time.
And when he is 65 and his strength is all gone,
His memories will not be of you and your stank thong.

It will be me, the children and all that is real.
Yet he chose to trade it all for a cheap, quickie thrill.
Then you see young men, not knowing what to do.
They grew up without a father because of women like you!
Women who refused to walk away when they saw the ring on their hand. Now you have created a generation of adulterators to be your daughter'smman!

You might think I am harsh, but what's done is done.
I know you've heard that famous line "Like Father Like Son."
So my tears and my family might mean nothing to you.
But when it's your family, you will know suffering too.

You need to find a love of your own, and stay out of our men's face.For what was once the backbone is now destroying the race.
So the next time you are approached by a married man. Ask him why he has that ring on his hand. Don't give him your time, number or name. For when it's your time, I'll do you the same.
It's time to respect our Sister's relationships and marriages.
So our children can have family values to carriage.

To the Sister that slept with my man, you know you did me wrong. But what you thought would kill me... only made me strong!

OK..Discussion time ladies let me know what yall think...do you think it applies only to married men or what about men who are dating someone seriously and the girl knows he has a girlfriend...???

________
Liability Insurance Forum

Last edited by pinkey08; 03-20-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmm, I know this piece is aimed at the women, but what about the man? If he is in a SERIOUS relationship(marriage, fiance, etc.) he should be man enough to resist and walk away!

It seems to me that the author, insteading of checking her man, is instead blaming the other woman.

If I know someone is in a relationship, I simply leave them alone and move on. IMHO, I don't think it matters if the relationship is a marriage, boyfriend/girlfriend type, or whatever.

I'm too spoiled to be someone's sloppy seconds

Last edited by Honeykiss1974; 10-04-2002 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkey08
Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
I'm too spoiled to be someone's sloppy seconds

Girl, I heard that !
________
Mazda cx-7

Last edited by pinkey08; 03-20-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974

It seems to me that the author, insteading of checking her man, is instead blaming the other woman.
That's right, b/c her man definitely should have known better!
Old 10-04-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yasava
This applies to both married men and those that are in committed relationships...

I agree w/ "cousin" Honeykiss that the author is mainly focusing on how the woman did her wrong, and that happens, when things like this happen, the wife (or the wronged girlfriend) places blame on the woman...who doesn't know of a girl who has said something to the effect of "Yeah, he got a girl, but I don't care. If I want him, I can have him." But then, there are the "other women" who fall for the stories and lies that a cheating man will tell just to get some such as "I'm not feeling her anymore," "I'm going to leave her," etc. etc., so they look past the ring.

However, I don't play that blaming the other woman stuff...if my man cheats, it's his fault! He will get blamed for his transgressions, slapped upside the head, before I get to chasing after the other woman to "jiggle her dayum bones". Part of the poem was true, too many women get into that mode that "Boys will be boys" and allow these boys ('cuz they ain't men to me) to constantly cheat. To me, I would rather endure the short pain of kicking his azz to the curb than the long-time pain of not knowing where he's been all night & not being able to trust him. It's just a downward spiral, and it affects everything around you.

The men who wear the ring, as well as the woman should respect that ring.

That makes me wonder, do you think it is easier for the wives/girlfriends to fault the other woman than to deal with the fact that their man ain't right?

Again, I'm with ya, Honeykiss, I'm no one's sloppy seconds.

Last edited by yasava; 10-04-2002 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I can feel what the author of the poem is saying. I know too many women who do not have a problem being sloppy seconds. They allow men to make fools out of them. Men and Women are different creatures. They do their thing because of the physical and women because of the mental. I hate that fact but it is true of most men. I feel the author is telling women- if we as a group stop allowing men to have their cake and eat it too- then more families would be together. Of course you cannot stop someone from cheating but most women think they are special when someone elses man wants them. YOU ARE NOTHIN BUT A STUPID FOOL! Its not you- its the free AS*S. I have always wondered why people allow themselves to be used in that way.

People in general need to respect relationship- not just marriages but any relationship. I take second place to NOOOOO Woman. I let it be known- I am Wayyyy to damn good.

Single parent families are killling the African American Community.

Women also need to stop thinking they can change the man. He will do the same thing to you he did to his ex.

One of my close friends use to say " I am not fixin him up for no other B*T*CH! "
Old 10-05-2002, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think that it's fair to blame the woman because she can't MAKE the man cheat. I can throw him a line, but he doesn't have to bite. There are some women that don't mind being sloppy seconds, but the man has to be the one dogging the first to make someone the second. That's why I can't blame the woman. If not her, then it would be someone else. Now, the only time that I would clown is if it were my "friend" or something. That's something else.

As for "a man being a man," that's a cop-out and an excuse. Just because you are a man doesn't mean that you have the God given right to cheat. Get real.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:18 PM

I can understand where the author is coming from also. I know that it is bad to put ALL of the blame on women, but men only do what we ALLOW them to do. Yes, half of it is HIS fault, but the "other" woman takes part of the blame (all those women who KNOW he is married or has a girlfriend). **Please note: the women who DON'T know a man is married or has a girlfriend cannot be blamed. She didn't know!** I think we (all women) should take this opportunity to watch very carefully who we deal with. I am not saying that every woman gets involved in this type of stuff, but as it has been stated before, there are some women who don't care.

The men need to keep their stuff in their pants, and women need to stop accepting this type of stuff. What goes around, comes around!
Old 10-05-2002, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Interesting Discussion

I can feel the author. We all know there are some triflin' women out there. Now a man who cheats is wrong no matter who initiated it, but let's talk about a man who doesn't cheat. Let's talk about a good man and triflin' women. I get so tired of these hoes coming at my man 24/7. I watch my girls go through the same drama. They have good men who are faithful and true to them, but it is still so tiring to shake off these girls who throw themselves at the guys (even when the guys aren't feeling them). Sometimes it's amazing to me how sistas can have so little respect for someone's relationship that they are fine with lying, deceiving, and attempting all out seduction to catch SOMEBODY ELSE'S man. Plus, don't even think about dating a athlete or greek brotha. You practically have to pry the groupies off w/a crow bar. Then the kicker is, a good man will likely not leave his woman for "that kind of girl". I mean if you really want my man, you'd have a better chance of getting him by acting on my level, rather than like a hoe!
Do Ya'll Feel Me,
Marie
Old 10-06-2002, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that we, as women, tend to blame the other woman because that's the easy thing to do. We blame someone that we do not know and have never met because we do not want to face the facts. The fact being that the person in our life, who is supposed to care about and love us, has disrespected and hurt us. The man who told her that he loved her every morning before he went to work was the same one who intentionally did something that crushed her world. Rather than admit this to herself, the author is looking to the other woman. She is blinding herself to the truth.

Most likely, the other woman does not know her, has never seen her, and does not even know that she exists. Why should the author expect anything, let alone a sense of loyalty, from a total stranger before she expects it from the man that she married?
Old 10-07-2002, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yasava
Thumbs up classylady...

you betta tell it, girl!
Old 10-07-2002, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

There are two things that need to happen MEN DONT CHEAT! How simple is that! WOMEN Dont take any committed men! If these two simple things happen then we can avoid so much Drama.

Sphinxpoet
Old 10-07-2002, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassyLady

Most likely, the other woman does not know her, has never seen her, and does not even know that she exists. Why should the author expect anything, let alone a sense of loyalty, from a total stranger before she expects it from the man that she married?

What cha' say, now now!!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL ONNNNNNNNN
Old 10-07-2002, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Professor
ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL ONNNNNNNNN

Hit close to home, did it?