GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Epsilon

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,684
1 members and 1,683 guests
LaneSig

Old 05-04-2005, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryan400z
SAE kicked off campus

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, SAE has been kicked off at University of Tennessee. I have a bunch of friends in this chapter and many Greeks are not happy to see them leave. A lot of people saw this coming because they have repeatedly got into trouble this year. Anyway, here is to a quick recovery.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WyoAlph
What did they do to get kicked off of campus?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

eh, thats not good... sorry to hear about it
what'd they do?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

One rumor I've heard is the Sig Alphs broke into the Sig Chi house and were in the process of removing items from the house when some Sig Chis caught them and a fight broke out. The fight was eventually broken up after the cops were called.

I've got a friend at UT looking into it. Apparently his sister frequently hangs out with the UT SAEs. I'll post more if I find out more.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea that happened, but that was the last straw from the university. They were already on a year long probation and made mistake after mistake.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yikes!

Sorry to hear this happened, but hopefully they'll be back on campus soon.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
nationals have been yanking charters left and right. the good new is that we are colonizing. the last i heard was that there are currently 12 colonies.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Chances are they will not be kicked off for long, SAE has powerful alumni at UT. They did a lot of stuff to get kicked off but the final thing was they started a fight with Sigma Chi and the cops came.
Rumor here is they will be only off for 1-2 years, for all the stuff they ahve done, 1 year is a very light punishment because they need to reevaluate the members of their fraternity right now.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

1-2 years is a very light punishment. How difficult do you think it would be for them to return to their present strength once they return to campus? What else have they done?

As far as colonizations go, I agree. We are losing chapters, but we are also gaining nearly as much as we lose so it's a wash. Unfortunately, we are losing some of our larger chapters at powerful schools. On the bright side, Colorado Chi got its charter March 2 and is going strong. At least we're not giving charters to every backwater school that asks for one.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Pulling of Charter

My home chapter, WG at Univ. of Puget Sound, was closed down after it had become much less a Chapter house and more of a club house for the unresponsibles.

Was on 'Double/Triple probation" and still kept on pushing the edge.

National, who today does say that they had should have done more and much earlier, interviewed everyone and found no one to 'save'. Closed the house until everyone involve was gone and not at UPS anymore.

Now, rush numbers are low and not the time to try to set up a colony.

And, for a change, UPS Admin is not anti-greek.

Last edited by jon1856; 06-23-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Tennessee Kappa was kicked off for a few violations while on probation...one involved alcohol and another minor one involved hazing...last i heard they are only suspended for 2 years, but the house is still there. They were a good group of guys and they have several influential alumni so hopefully they will be back soon...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I've heard Tennessee has had a lot of problems with their greek life. I was there in person in March 05 when the Kappa Sigma supreme executive committee expelled a number of Tennessee Kappa Sigma's for various violations including alumni hazing, drinking, and misreporting various acts to the national body. Moreover, during the hearing, it was mentioned the number of greek organizations that had recently been cited at UT, and it was rather alarming. Anyone know what it is about that school?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWMKappaSig
I've heard Tennessee has had a lot of problems with their greek life. I was there in person in March 05 when the Kappa Sigma supreme executive committee expelled a number of Tennessee Kappa Sigma's for various violations including alumni hazing, drinking, and misreporting various acts to the national body. Moreover, during the hearing, it was mentioned the number of greek organizations that had recently been cited at UT, and it was rather alarming. Anyone know what it is about that school?
So far I have found these links
Anti-Hazing policies: http://web.utk.edu/%7Eutgreek/hazing.htm
http://www.utkifc.com/page.php?page_id=3456
Hazing at delta sigma theta: http://www.deltasigmatheta.com/hazenews/haze24.htm
Sigma Chi had a problem a few years ago but not able to spend time on digging very deep here.....