» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,584
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,368
2 members and 1,366 guests
gatordeltapgh, John

Old Today, 03:38 PM

A lot of people went to Reddit (which is very one sided), Instagram, tik tok. Message boards in general have declined, the other one that I was an active member of has vanished completely.

There's also Greek Rank as a factor.

IMO Greek life in general has declined and there aren't as many young people here.
Old Today, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek rank can eat shit and die.
Old Today, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate greek rank. I only go there if something big happens (and sometimes they'll know if a chapter is closing then I double check with a source like here or the school's page.)

Tik Tok with the rise of Bama rush has lead to a lot of dumb takes, and even with people who have served as advisors/volunteers/etc. talking about their experiences, the public doesn't understand how recruitment works and people think every campus is a big greek campus while overlooking smaller campus where yes the chapter sizes may be smaller but you can get an amazing experience. On the flip side there has been a rise of people going into greek life out of that sort of interest.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old Today, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I’d never heard of it until Zach mentioned it, so I went over there to take a look. Some asshat said my fraternity isn’t a real fraternity. Alpha Phi Alpha isn’t a real fraternity? wtf??? That site and everybody on it can go fuck themselves big time. I hope somebody over there sees this post too. Talk that shit over here.
Old Today, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Sadly to them the amazing orgs that are part of the D9/MCGO/NAFLO are a "second thought" despite them doing amazing things on campus. I have seen a few videos about the D9 (and they're usually step shows and new member presentations) but it's nothing compared to the sorority rush content.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old Today, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Greek rank can eat shit and die.
Quote:
I’d never heard of it until Zach mentioned it, so I went over there to take a look. Some asshat said my fraternity isn’t a real fraternity. Alpha Phi Alpha isn’t a real fraternity? wtf??? That site and everybody on it can go fuck themselves big time. I hope somebody over there sees this post too. Talk that shit over here.

And with language like yours commonly gracing GreekChat's pages, new fraternity members and possible GreekChat posters are encouraged that this is a website where they may read and discuss fraternal membership in a respectful manner

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old Today, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
FSUZeta is right. Bullying, which extended into real life, drove many posters away.
I used to post on a site called Pledge Park. It was ruthless over there. Thick skin was needed. I used to post on Black Greek Forums, too, which was really lightweight compared to old threads I’ve read on this site. Those threads are actually way lightweight, based on what I’ve read, in comparison to Pledge Park tho.

Quote:
Haha you’re getting all uptight over nothing. They said the same thing about PBS. Not a big deal. Who cares what they think?