GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 2,279
1 members and 2,278 guests
anetaelittle216

Old 06-26-2006, 01:11 AM

more Ohio U

Delta Gamma @ Ohio U

Delta Zeta @ Ohio U

Pi Beta Phi @ Ohio U

Sigma Kappa @ Ohio U

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I really like the OU houses. My friend goes there (she's not greek) and when I visited her I noticed them for their old-style charm. I really like DZ's chic modern look too. Very nice!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 AM

We have 6 groups here that have houses, but unfortunately the only pics of Kent sorority houses I could find were of ours and Delta Zeta's (maybe hannahgirl has a pic of Delta Gamma). You have to click the links because neither of the websites will let me post the images.

Kent State Delta Zeta:

http://deltazetaksu.homestead.com/

Kent State Tri Sigma:

http://ksutrisigma.tripod.com/id19.html

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 06-26-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkalum
The KU ADPi Myspace page has a slide show of almost all the Adpi houses in the lower-left corner:

http://www.myspace.com/kansasadpi

I saw it. very cool.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I love the OU DZ house and I'm jealous of ADPi's swing.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocelynC
[COLOR="Magenta"] We have 6 groups here that have houses, but unfortunately the only pics of Kent sorority houses I could find were of ours and Delta Zeta's (maybe hannahgirl has a pic of Delta Gamma).
I don't have a picture unfortunately, but I will try to remember to take one next time I am up there (which probably won't be till recruitment practice starts in August so don't expect it right now) = )

I love DG's house at OSU and OU. I've been to both of them and they are BEAUTIFUL! A comment on OUs DG house....the picture doesn't really capture how awesome it really is. the front is gorgeous but it makes it look quite small. They put on an addition I think in 99 or 00 (I was there in 01) and it just seems to keep going when you walk around to the back. Its huge! The inside was so neat. They had DG related colors in every room, anchor wallpaper, and so much more. Some might think that it would look tacky but it actually looked very classy and neatly done.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Alpha Order

Haven't seen many KA houses on here. But here's my house at Middle Tennessee State University (Delta Lambda). Pretty big house, holds 24 brothers and no one has to share a room together. It's kind of like living in a 4-bedroom apartment. And it's like that in the other 5 sections of the house. Erected in Spring of 2000.

KA house

Last edited by Traveler22; 10-11-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohio University Houses

Just a little background on the AOII house at Ohio University that KSUViolet06 so kindly posted. It was originally built in the early 1990's (1992 ish) as the Phi Sigma Sigma House. I remember being told during rush about a "secret room" that is built in the house but is not on the blueprints. AOII took over the house at the beginning of the 1996-97 school year (the year after I graduated). it is built onto the side of a hill and is really 3 levels, although you can only see 2 in the picture that was posted.
Anyway, prior to that AOII was located in what is now the Sig Ep house (picture below)

This house is supposedly haunted, although nothing out of the ordinary happened the year I lived there.
As for all of the other OU houses- most of them go back fairly far and the sorority houses tend to hold around 50-60 people.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Natalie0628

prettiest house on campus (in my opinion) is the ZTA house here at NC State:

I'll try to find a picture of our Chi-O house on campus, it's one of the newer ones. Most of the houses closer to campus are older (with the exception of Sigma Happa and Pi Phi, which share either side of a duplex) and have ugly 70's architecture even though they've been redone inside. Further away from campus, our house, TKE, AGR and ZTA all have newer houses. Ours was built in 1999.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

MTSU's whole campus underwent a big greek housing expansion, it's great from what I hear. This is the Beta house at MTSU:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler22 View Post
Haven't seen many KA houses on here. But here's my house at Middle Tennessee State University (Delta Lambda). Pretty big house, holds 24 brothers and no one has to share a room together. It's kind of like living in a 4-bedroom apartment. And it's like that in the other 5 sections of the house. Erected in Spring of 2000.

KA house
Old 10-24-2006, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My house...Delta Chi, DePauw Chapter. Founded 1892, lost our charter in 1894 becasue DePauw closed it's law school. The local that resulted from the close of the law school, Kappa Phi Sigma, re-chartered under Delta Chi in 1928, after Delta Chi had gone social (though our founding date still stands as 1892). The house was built at the same time.

It's a great house, but really showing it's age. We're in the very very early process of getting a new one.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Banned

This is the University of Florida ZTA house from 1980. It's since gone through renovations... the french doors leading to the balcony are now gone. The hallway was made into another bedroom.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
Well, my chapter closed a little over a year ago, but this was our house (at San Diego State University):

Definitely a far cry from some of the Southern houses you guys have posted!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
the houses at FSU are gorgeous!!! well, you're right..for the most part. I can think of a few I don't like, but yours is not one of them. and obviously neither is Kappa
Old 11-06-2006, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Beta Tau chapter of Sigma Kappa at UF