GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,619
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, LonnieWind
» Online Users: 2,161
1 members and 2,160 guests
duckylvr

Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAngel View Post
LOL. I have a story about that when you're done telling the rest of your story.
Please tell!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

gee, i never knew how close we came to having adpiucf as a sister. it would have been an honor, but i truly am glad for her that she got her number one choice!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphagamuga View Post
Please tell!
The ADPi bid cards are very confusing because they start off with "The sisters of Zeta Omega...."

Our PX made us stand in front of our group and open our bid cards in front of everyone. I look back on it and realize how evil that was considering that not everyone gets their first choice. I wasn't scared. I was 99.9% sure I was getting ZTA. (I very much dirty rushed....which is a bad, bad thing so don't any of college GCers do that ) Anyhow, one of the girls opened her card (we'll just call her Jaime....I'll PM you adpiucf with her real name) and it said she got ZTA. She went and sat down next to me and this other girl in my PX group who had also gotten ZTA.

About 5 minutes later, one of the girls who had gotten TriDelta went on and on about how excited she was with her choice and asked if we were all happy. Jaime says, "Not really. I wanted ADPi but ZTA was my second choice so I guess that's ok." We all said sorry to her and told her that she'd be happy anyway since ZTA is also a great group. I talked to her and the other girl in my PX group who got ZTA about how we were all going to run to the ZTA house together. Jaime said, "Yeah, I'm excited too but I just don't know how I got ZTA. I really, really thought I would get ADPi."

She kept on talking for a while about how she was so sure she'd get ADPi. My PX overheard this and came over to inspect her bid card. "Ummm...you're an ADPi," my PX told her. The girl was all like "What???????" My PX explained to her that the bid card read she was invited to join the Zeta Omega chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. I guess Jaime saw Zeta and didn't read any further. Jaime was like, "Huh? Oh? Really? OK! YAY!" My PX walked away shaking her head. Incidentally, my PX was also an ADPi.

I would have laughed my butt off if Jaime showed up at the ZTA house and the girls were like, "Errrr...we don't have you on our bid list...."

Last edited by ZTAngel; 06-05-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

that poor girl.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I've often wondered about the Kappa Delta Chapter of Chi Omega...or the Sigma Kappa Chapter of Chi Omega...

Maybe they don't have both groups on said campuses -- or perhaps they just omit their chapter designations!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thankfully in the end, she didn't end up joining either of our sororities. LOL.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
I've often wondered about the Kappa Delta Chapter of Chi Omega...or the Sigma Kappa Chapter of Chi Omega...

Maybe they don't have both groups on said campuses -- or perhaps they just omit their chapter designations!
I STILL remember opening my card way back in 1984 and reading "The Delta Zeta chapter of...." and not reading any further....

....until my roommate picked it up and said "it says the Delta Zeta chapter of ALPHA CHI OMEGA!!!"

Which made sense, really, seeing as how I knew the envelope had been delivered to my room by a big group of AXOs and I had just been to their party (and I hadn't been to the DZ house at all!)!!

DOH!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

i think that our sororities should think about the confusing nature of our bid cards. not many pnms are going to understand chapter names, and after reading this post and the responses of others,it seems that people are initially confused more than i realized.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Luckily I pledged one of our "single letter" chapters and thus didn't have an issue.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
i think that our sororities should think about the confusing nature of our bid cards. not many pnms are going to understand chapter names, and after reading this post and the responses of others,it seems that people are initially confused more than i realized.
Yes, it seems that it would be a simple matter to remove the chapter name from the bid card or at least to put it second.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah those stories are pretty funny, but really, if you just read the whole thing...
Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
Cool

Oh how crazy UCF recruitment is! ADPiUCF great retro rush thread

It's funny you mention the tongue ring thing; because of "stereotypes" of girls nowadays I would think I would know what group it was -- but in '97 who knows.

Yay for UCF And being UCF Alums! <3
"In a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my fraternity and her highest teachings..."
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBerlee View Post
Oh how crazy UCF recruitment is! ADPiUCF great retro rush thread

It's funny you mention the tongue ring thing; because of "stereotypes" of girls nowadays I would think I would know what group it was -- but in '97 who knows.

Yay for UCF And being UCF Alums! <3
I think you would be completely shocked if I told you which chapter that was!!! I am always amazed at the changes on UCF's Greek Park. I moved back to Orlando just for the summer and took at drive down Greek Park last week. It's interesting to see some of the houses have been remodeled, painted different colors, etc. But it still feels like home.

For what it's worth, tongue rings were THE thing in 97. Later I discovered a lot of sorority members at UCF had them, but many were "asked" to remove them during recruitment... um... so as not to scare off the PNMs!

PS: Chi Omega colonized that Spring, and ADPi invited them to join us (along with ATO and Lambda Theta Phi) to experience their first Greek Week! One of my BFF's became a member of their first pledge class the following fall! I wonder if you're "related" to her!

Last edited by adpiucf; 06-12-2007 at 12:57 PM.