GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,614
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, angelswitz2998
» Online Users: 1,933
1 members and 1,932 guests
g41965
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Any Advice?

I have a question for you ladies. I was recently interested in a HBGO. Prior to me expressing interest, was invited to events by a memember of the organizationn who happened to be a friend of mine. Please keep in mind that at this time I was not familar with black greek organizations nor the unwritten rules that prospects are expected to know and follow. I got to know the ladies and thought that joing the organization was a smart smart move. There were only two sororites chartered at my school at the time and it seemed like the better choice. In short, I am regretting my decision. The chapter has changed a lot since I initally expressed interest and I'm starting to notice that the women in the chapter posses a lot of unattractive qualities. They do not personify sisterhood or wholly represent what their organization is supposed to stand for. As of now I dont see how I can effect change in the organization and there is nothing that they can do for me. I have not participated in any MIP with this organization, but I have been to an Informational. However, the point to all this is that for about 6 months now I have been researching another organization that personifies what I have come to want from an organization. My problem is, I dont think that I will be given an opportunity because of my interest elsewhere. Do any of you ladies have any suggestions on what I should do? Because I've been told that once you express interest in an organization, others won't give you a second glance. Thank You for your time and input.

Mizzunderstood
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Unregistered-

I can tell you one thing...spamming the NPHC sorority forums with the same post isn't going to help you in your journey.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Didn't know

I wanted advice from members of different organizations. I didn't know that I was offending anyone. I'm new to the board. My intentions were not to disrespect.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Sending you a PM Mizzunderstood