GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,499
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, nathanfances701
» Online Users: 1,911
3 members and 1,908 guests
g41965, oncegreek

Old 01-14-2005, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Jackson State Greeks Cap New Members at 50

According to Cathy Patterson, coordinator of Greek affairs at the Jackson, Miss., school, the council voted during the fall semester to limit the number of members an organization can admit during the intake process. Each active fraternity and sorority has a representative on the council, and the measure is now part of the Panhellenic Council constitution.

"The Pan Council felt that this number was more manageable and would foster the development of more brotherly and sisterly relationships," Patterson said.

http://www.blackcollegewire.org/stud...-state-greeks/
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2005, 11:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Interesting

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 01-15-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

The Assembly Plants Close?

GOOOOD! There are too many individuals being accepted and too few graduating! I am happy about the stance that Jackson State University is taking. Actually, I believe the cap should be lowered by half on a yearly basis. I recall speaking to an individual who was decked out in her sorority gear and she sported a number 73! I made idle chat with her and stated that she looked a bit young to have been made(pledged) in the year and she proudly proclaimed that she was the anchor of her line. I said to myself, "damn!" Needless, to say when I asked her about the two, three, or 14 she replied "I don't really know much about them cause we do things differently." They sure as hell do! Good riddance. Assembly plant made membership needs to cease. Back in the day INTERESTS GROUPS was the pool from which "those lucky enough" to be GRANTED the opportunity to seek membership into NPHC fraternities/sororities were fully aware of and it was no secret that everyone who applied and was of an interest group would NOT be ALLOWED to pursue further advancement of seeking EARNED MEMBERSHIP!

Last edited by PHAShriner/1906; 01-15-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

This matter realistically only affects two organizations. Those organizations should be allowed to handle their intake matters without mandates from the local NPHC.