GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,623
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, ashlytts8731
» Online Users: 1,572
0 members and 1,572 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2001, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Question Multiple posts

Just wondering, message to the moderators. I've noticed that there are a lot of posts that are multiplied. Maybe from the poster clicking "post" more than once. Is there a way that those can be deleted? It's a little annoying when you're trying to read a thing, and theres like 5 of the same message. Thanx!
Old 08-04-2001, 08:04 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

I wish I could help, but there's nothing that the moderators can do about it.

The only people allowed to delete messages are the moderator of this forum (John Hammel) and the people who posted the message.

That's why I kindly ask AGAIN, please clean up Greek Life! I understand that GL has been acting weird lately, but the least we could do is take the time and go through the posts and clean up any multiple posts.

Thanks to the people that have already done this!

------------------
A single seed...becomes a Rose of incredible beauty.

A single grain of sand...becomes a Pearl of great worth.

A single great idea...becomes a Century of success.

Go Alpha Gam!
Old 08-05-2001, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmm, I'll clear up my post. I meant like if I were to click Submit Reply like 3 times, this reply will show up 3 times. Maybe thats what u meant to. I dont know, it's late!

------------------
I duno what I been told, Phi Mu girls are made of gold!
Phildo
PM W'00
Old 08-05-2001, 06:15 AM
Unregistered-

Smile

Yes, if you click the Submit button more than once, then that's how many times your post will appear. Clicking it only once makes sure that your post will get there (eventually). I'm guilty of it too! I guess we should all just be patient...but I'm hoping that this gets cleared up as Fall Recruitment approaches.

Let's all cross our fingers!
Old 08-05-2001, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I too am guilty of multi posts as not sure if my post went through until it comes up 2-3 times. John H said he is working on this to get corrected! It seems to only happen on Greek Life as is so much slower, but is alright on other threads!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 08-05-2001, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys,
I think the real problem is how weird the server has been lately. Every time I have mulitple posts its because the server timed out on me or I hit cancel after waiting for a long time and then re-sent it. Then I go back and check and my message is there twice. I guess the lesson here is - be more patient especially if you're connected by dial up modem. Just my $.02. Later.
Old 08-17-2001, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Howdie people. Just thought I'd boost this topic up the ladder once again. The multiple posts are gettin outa hand so here's a helpful tip:

once u hit post, dont hit it more than once, even if it's goin reallllllly slow. It will definately post your reply. I've done this cuz I got frustrated and just closed the window, and eventually my post showed up. Just a lil help from a caring person!

Old 08-17-2001, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yeah I am not the only one who feels this way! I was about to post about this too. Why don't people edit their extra posts? I'm sure they read the topic more than once so they can see others replies!!!!!! OTW aren't you a moderator? SO why can't you clear the posts? or do you mean only the forums you moderate for you can clear. I noticed that the longer (more posts) a topic has the longer a post I write takes to submit, but if it is a topic with few replies it goes fast. I think that is why people press submit so much- it takes longs so they don't think it was submitted.
Old 08-17-2001, 12:58 AM
Unregistered-

Smile

Yes Lana, mods can only clear posts from forums they moderate. That means only John for Greek Life, but I think everyone would appreciate it if we could just go through the topics and see if the multiple postings are ours.

GL has been weird lately, but changes are on the way to make GreekChat bigger and better (and hopefully faster!).
Old 08-17-2001, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Well maybe if we see posts are repeated we could email the person who wrote them and just let them know that their post is repeated. Maybe some people don't know how to delete their posts. Does emailing people sound rude?