GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,489
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, arobertoyandext

Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
What school does this chick go to?
UCSB
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
UCSB
That's what I thought. I knew I saw that staircase somewhere!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspeach View Post
Wow, that blogger is a brat.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
Wow, that blogger is a brat.
...and a notorious picture swiper.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
Semi-Off Topic: Do any sororities count in-laws as an influence of any kind, like on the level of a cousin or something? Obviously they're not legacies.
I can think of some instances where the sister-in-law thing might count for something or get you noticed. For example if the sister-in-law were advisor to the chapter or a national officer, or an alum who'd given a lot of money to the chapter.

I've seen a lot of cases from my own experience where there is a senior in a sorority seriously dating or engaged to a guy, and then his little sister comes to the university and joins the girlfriend/fiancee's chapter.

Those are the only instances I could think of where it would matter. I guess you could always bring it up in recruitment conversations "oh my sister in law was an XYZ and she talks about her great experiences and it got me interested in Greek life and XYZ."

But yeah, not a legacy.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Just by being on GC for as long as I have been, I can tell that this information is wrong. I am so glad I found GC instead of that blog!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

If the blog giving out free bad advice isn't enough, You could always go here for more information.

http://sororitysnitch.com

For the low, low price of $9.95 you can download everything you need to know for rush. Considering we all call it recruitment now (whether we like it or not), that right there should be a huge sign the information is bad.

Attention all PNMS (that's Potential New Members, ie; women interested in going through the recruitment process to join sororities):

If you come to GreekChat with a good attitude and are open to our advice and suggestions, you will not only have good information, it won't cost you a dime!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Unregistered-

^^^

For a second there I thought I had come across a post I left for a n00b that I didn't remember, and then I saw your name instead!

One can only hope that no PNM/parent actually forks over $$$ for this. I would assume that a Google search would bring GC up instead of that stupid website.

Please don't let this one be one of 'us'. HelpMeRush was bad enough!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought that blog looked pretty sketchy. Thanks for clearing everything up though! I can't tell you how glad I am that that isn't true!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Unregistered-

http://sororitysecrets.wordpress.com/

Check out the most recent posts talking about the bad press.

I'm positive that the blog's author isn't even a sorority member. I think she's just an author trying to be cute by stealing other people's photos off the internet and making it seem like she knows what she's talking about.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

She does have a disclaimer though:

Quote:
Disclaimer: These definitions are written off the top of my head just from what I know at my particular school. I am writing them here just to give you an idea of what I’m talking about (in case you get confused.) If you want to get all hardcore sorority business on me, check out: www.greekchat.com.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
This is NOT TRUE.

If you think about it, at a big school in the SEC like Ole Miss or Bama, 99% of the girls have recs. The sororities could not possibly invite back EVERY SINGLE girl who has one. It's impossible, since they can only invite back so many women each round.
I will attest to that. At Bama we had more PNMs with Recs than Panhellenic allowed us to invite back to 2nd round.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororityblogger View Post
Hello everyone! It's me... the "brat" from www.sororitysecrets.wordpress.com. I have read the thread regarding my blog and just wanted to respond to all of the criticisms and concerns.

1. I am a real person in a real sorority. All of those pictures you see of girls? Yes they are mine taken from my camera. The other pictures on the site are taken from google images and are linked to accordingly. So please relax on the picture swiping talk... it sort of hurts my feelings.

2. I deleted the page about the recommendations and legacies and all that business. I am certain that what I wrote on that page is the protocol at my particular university but I never realized so many people would freak out over getting information that was different from their own. My apologies. I write this blog only to help. Also, why would I waste my time writing about a sorority if I weren't in one?

3. I appreciate all of your concerns so please feel free to email me directly or post comments on my blog. If I am misinformed about something... enlighten me! I am more than happy to hear your feedback directly on my blog... not on some forum. Your information is important to me.

4. I wrote this on my blog a number of times but I shall reiterate it once again. I am writing this blog as a member of a sorority- not an adviser or rush coach or anything like that. I love giving advice to my friends at home on college and rush and life in general so I figured... why not blog about it? I write this blog as if i were giving this advice to my little sister.. so please please keep this in mind when reading. Thanks so much. I hope everyone is still as excited for rush as I am!! YAY!
Just wanted to quote this, seeing as you're editing right now.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantASTic View Post
If you didn't QFP I'd never have known she had been here as it has been BALEETED!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantASTic View Post
You are gooooooood!