GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Chi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,584
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bpittyjunor9856
» Online Users: 1,690
0 members and 1,690 guests
No Members online

Old 01-19-2009, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

The Cornerstone

I'm at a colony that is less than two years old, so we don't have a lot to look back to as far as traditions. That problem has spawned a rumor that the Cornerstone has been growing smaller every year, as the international fraternity removes information regarding traditions to reduce hazing possibilities. We certainly don't want to violate any hazing policies, but it would be nice to know some of the traditions of the fraternity. Can anybody tell me if that rumor about the book is true? And if it is, is there anybody who knows where we might be able to get a hold of an older Cornerstone, just to see what has been removed?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-20-2009, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The "F" at my colony had said that the FIPG policy had been changed this year to be a little more lenient, but seeing as my colony is only a semester old, I can't help you as far as getting an older Cornerstone.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I guessed that the Library of Congress might have some old copies of the Cornerstone. I did a search of their catalogs and found a 1976 edition of the Cornerstone and a 1961 edition of the Manual, which was used before the Cornerstone. I'm pretty sure you have to be present to look at a book from the Library of Congress. Since both of you (I think) are far from DC I guess I'll have to pop in soon and satisfy my curiosity for Delta Chi history!

EDIT: I posted link to the two catalog entries but they just redirected to the main site. Here's a link to the catalog search engine: http://catalog.loc.gov/
Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I've found a few old cornerstones/manuals online, I'm thinking about buying one...they dont cost anymore than the new ones. does anyone know if there is actually more information in the old ones?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

KSU DChi15 hasn't been online in over a year, but I just found these pdfs of old Manuals and Cornerstones online, and I was so surprised/thrilled. Yes I do plan on spending the rest of my night reading these!

http://www.deltachi.org/history/piece-of-history.php

ETA: I love that the chapter title "The Essence of Good Taste" has remained in the Cornerstone since at least 1939

Last edited by Gusteau; 05-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.