GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,576
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, funcheeto
» Online Users: 1,662
1 members and 1,661 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 04-16-2011, 05:19 PM

This coming school year, Kent State Sigma Nu will lease its home on Greek Village (built in 2008) to Kappa Sigma.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-16-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

ZBT Houses @...

University of Denver (Iota Chapter)

Northwestern University (Gamma Chapter)

University Of Illinois (Rho Chapter)

University of Colorado-Boulder (Beta Alpha Theta Chpater)

ZBT:"Honoring the Past, Celebrating the Present & Impacting the Future."
Old 04-22-2011, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeb View Post

Sig Delt at USC.
The old Alpha Gam house

http://www.alphagammadeltahouses.com...n%20California

Last edited by IHeartUGA; 04-22-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartUGA View Post
The Alpha Gam house that we still own
Sigma Delta Tau built that house from scratch a couple years ago...previously that lot was owned by Alpha Gamma Omega, the Christian fraternity. Are you thinking of the house Alpha Kappa Psi lives in? Pretty sure that is the old Alpha Gam house.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTD Alum View Post
Sigma Delta Tau built that house from scratch a couple years ago...previously that lot was owned by Alpha Gamma Omega, the Christian fraternity. Are you thinking of the house Alpha Kappa Psi lives in? Pretty sure that is the old Alpha Gam house.
I corrected part of my post. They did some extensive renovations but I assure you it was not built from scratch. It was our first house.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I corrected part of my post. They did some extensive renovations but I assure you it was not built from scratch. It was our first house.
My mistake, you own both.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My mistake, you own both.

I don't think we own the SDT house; I think we only own the AKPsi house...unless you heard otherwise?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think we own the SDT house; I think we only own the AKPsi house...unless you heard otherwise?
Hah OK now I have it straight. You thought you owned the SDT house originally (the post I quoted), but it turns out you just lived there and you used to own it, and you still own the AKPsi house. Took me a bit. The living room of the AKPsi house is gigantic, easily bigger than any other living room in the other houses, I can't imagine what it used to look like as a sorority house. I heard SC is open for expansion soon, maybe you guys will be returning (that is, if that's something AGD wants to do).
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hah OK now I have it straight. You thought you owned the SDT house originally (the post I quoted), but it turns out you just lived there and you used to own it, and you still own the AKPsi house. Took me a bit. The living room of the AKPsi house is gigantic, easily bigger than any other living room in the other houses, I can't imagine what it used to look like as a sorority house. I heard SC is open for expansion soon, maybe you guys will be returning (that is, if that's something AGD wants to do).
Yes, for a second, I confused myself. We did own the SDT house for a long time but I just forgot about the other one And I would LOVE to take Southern Cal back and reclaim the house (that we CURRENTLY own !
Old 04-23-2011, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I never even thought of the AKPsi living room as a sorority living room, but it must have been incredible! It's currently the holding room for PNMs between parties during formal recruitment.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeb View Post
I never even thought of the AKPsi living room as a sorority living room, but it must have been incredible! It's currently the holding room for PNMs between parties during formal recruitment.
Do you know where someone might find pictures of said living room?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know! I just facebook creeped on my friend in AKPsi but she doesn't have any pictures of it. There are a few pictures here: http://www.uscakpsi.net/gallery.php in the community service section, but you don't really get a good idea of it. It'll probably need a fair amount of remodeling, but I can see it being a fantastic sorority house. There are also some shots of it in here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video....id=44452758228 from 0:18-23 and 0:50-51. Also the picture at 0:39 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTXCwdAHrA
then there's this: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...62324110qxJmxL

(all of this came up on a Google search for AKPsi USC so pardon the creepyness but I'm not trying to be too creepy.)
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I really love learning about SC's Row history. I do know LXA was the Chi Phi house, and that LXA was in the parking lot opposite the Troy apartment block on University (which is why that bit of pavement has the painted Cross and Crescent logo). And that Chi O was where PiKapp is now. Did I once read somewhere on the boards that AEPhi was where Theta's parking lot is now? Or maybe it was in Pike's old, old house (current Asian Betas). And of course now there is all the whole thing about when Phi Sig actually will move in to their house and make ZBT homeless again (their chapter has had like 4 different houses at SC!) . I wonder if its possible to expand across Hoover. Or better yet, just colonize W30th. There are already lots of Greeks in Regal, the Villas, the Court and the Mansion. (If only we lived in a world where the current landowners would gladly sell up their plots for the benefit of SC Greeks!).

And on a total tangent, apparently Phi Delt used to be the Spanish embassy way back when! I think I remember that from a Saturday Night Magazine article a few semesters ago.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:43 AM

Plans are up for our Eta Chi chapter's soon-to-be new home at Mizzou.

You can see plans and follow the project here:

http://trisigmalegacy.com

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28StGreek View Post
I really love learning about SC's Row history. I do know LXA was the Chi Phi house, and that LXA was in the parking lot opposite the Troy apartment block on University (which is why that bit of pavement has the painted Cross and Crescent logo). And that Chi O was where PiKapp is now. Did I once read somewhere on the boards that AEPhi was where Theta's parking lot is now? Or maybe it was in Pike's old, old house (current Asian Betas). And of course now there is all the whole thing about when Phi Sig actually will move in to their house and make ZBT homeless again (their chapter has had like 4 different houses at SC!) . I wonder if its possible to expand across Hoover. Or better yet, just colonize W30th. There are already lots of Greeks in Regal, the Villas, the Court and the Mansion. (If only we lived in a world where the current landowners would gladly sell up their plots for the benefit of SC Greeks!).

And on a total tangent, apparently Phi Delt used to be the Spanish embassy way back when! I think I remember that from a Saturday Night Magazine article a few semesters ago.
I heard Sammy used to be where Gamma Phi's lawn and parking lot are now, too. It seems possible that Phi Kappa Tau was by ADPi/Tri Delt, too, given that their letters are there? Maybe not, I don't know. I have noticed the Chi Phi letters carved into the sidewalk on University by Pi Kapp. A few Phi Sigs have told me they're taking their house back fall 2012.