GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,502
1 members and 2,501 guests
zkaylgooglet196

Old 08-09-2008, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

PLOT PERMISSION??

Quick Question. I was with my friend down south and she went to sit on the plot of another chapter other than hers. A zeta from that chapter called her out real quick and asked what she was doing. My friend flashed her key chain to let her know that she is a zeta too. But she exclaimed, "So, you still gotta ask"

Where does everyone stand with that??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2008, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

When Greeks travel and intend to spend time at a campus other than their own, they should make every effort to contact the chapter ahead of time to let them know they will be in the area and would like to visit the plot. A simple email or phone call could have avoided the situation you described.

I was not there, so I don't know the tone that the young ladies used with each other. While it's important to be sisterly or brotherly at all times, and your friend's soror might have been a little rough with her, we (individually) have to realize that just because something has our letters on it doesn't mean that it's ours.

This is why I don't believe people should put benches on their plots if they don't want everyone to sit on them.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Even if she wasn't able to contact someone ahead of time, she should've introduced herself to her sorors as soon as she got there instead of sitting there and expecting them to be okay with it.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

If it's a chapter of Sorors that I don't already know, I never bothered to call ahead of time. We always introduced ourselves once we got there. If it happens that Sorors are no where to be found, then we chill at the plot. If Sorors from the yard show up, we immediately introduce ourselves. Unless they are Neos. Just kidding.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
If it's a chapter of Sorors that I don't already know, I never bothered to call ahead of time. We always introduced ourselves once we got there. If it happens that Sorors are no where to be found, then we chill at the plot. If Sorors from the yard show up, we immediately introduce ourselves. Unless they are Neos. Just kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeezDiscreet View Post
Even if she wasn't able to contact someone ahead of time, she should've introduced herself to her sorors as soon as she got there instead of sitting there and expecting them to be okay with it.
Bingo.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

That's like me going to visit family I ain't never met and fixing a sammich and sitting in the big chair till someone come home from church. No sir!
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate