GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,487
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Rocky27
» Online Users: 2,227
3 members and 2,224 guests
John, MethrenLusia, Rocky27

Old 02-14-2008, 09:59 PM

Change your settings so that you max out the number of posts per page. Then you only have 18 pages to read!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

48 wonderfully hilarious, sometimes scratching your head weird pages! =)
Old 02-15-2008, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

lol someday, when i have lots of time, i will read them all
theyre pretty interesting
Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Heyy i just got a bid to Phi Sigma Sigma and i already have a funny story well more akward than funny. . . We dont have houses at are school so on pref nite it was held in a room in the student center and half way thru the ceremony there was a knock on the door it was a maintenance man who had to come in the room looking for a leak or something. . . After they left we went back to the ceremony and it was gret but that was a definetly an akward moment. . .
Old 02-27-2008, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Famous story at our chapter -

We had a rushee whose last name sounded just like a male body part that rhymed with Kleenex. ( you know where this is going right?) I kept hearing the girl who was talking with her at our house, introduce her to other girls and say, " I'd like you to meet Betsy Klinix." The girl just couldn't bring herself to pronounce it correctly for fear she wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. And each time it happened, the rushee would emphatically say, "No, my name is Betsy KLEEEEENEX."

There is just something like a male body part being shouted during a rush party that makes the evening memorable.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Slightly off-topic - When I was teaching high school, I wouldn't let my students say "dork". When one student asked why, I said "Because of what it means." We went back and forth, with me trying to be somewhat coy, but finally I just said "Penis!Penis!Penis!". The entire CLASS absolutely lost it, and I am afraid it is one of their favorite memories of their senior year.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Slightly off-topic - When I was teaching high school, I wouldn't let my students say "dork". When one student asked why, I said "Because of what it means." We went back and forth, with me trying to be somewhat coy, but finally I just said "Penis!Penis!Penis!". The entire CLASS absolutely lost it, and I am afraid it is one of their favorite memories of their senior year.
One of my colleagues told a story at lunch last week about how a student years ago signed her yearbook, "Dear Mrs. Smith, you taught me that penis wasn't a bad word." In that case, it all went back to a passing reference to a phallic symbol during class discussion, but I think the kids just never get over it.

When I was a kid, I just thought "dork" meant nerd. My dad told me not to say it. I was curious and begged him to explain why I couldn't say it. He did. It was a little awkward, but I suppose I was glad to know.

I'd have much preferred to have a teacher as fully concerned about usage and propriety to have spared me by providing a little bit of Value Added instruction like you did, SWTXbelle.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

What can I say - I'm an educator. And hey- my former students do not use the word "dork" without realizing what it means. I'm so proud.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I had no idea. You learn something new every day!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a funny story from our rush this year.

All of us in the houses had heard of a girl who went into our DG chapter on their first COB party in the fall and said "My mom is a DG. I'm suiciding her." The DG's were like "ok, whatever". As the semester goes on, the PNM kind of gained a reputation for being a little... shall we say, loose. The DGs didn't really like her anyway

Fast forward to Formal Rush. I had no idea who this girl was or what she looked like, but I realized it when I saw a girl with these huge, gawdy anchor earrings and a pink and blue top with some of bronze-ish trim. She pretty much told us she was only interested in DG and even told us she already had gotten her own sailor hat.

Needless to say, every house dropped her after Night 1.

SAI/Phi Mu/KKY
Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

first rush party coming to college i passed out and was taken home and forced to roll over the top of a moving train because the driver wouldn't wait for it to pass. i tried walking home, passed out in a neighberhood and was taken home by a strange woman.

i've been more concious for the most part since the first week of my decisions lol

Old 03-12-2008, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^???What???
Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

so this past fall was my first time recruiting. well it was probably only the second party of first rounds and i'm talking to this girl from somewhere near my home town, we know a lot of the same people and we were really getting along well. so i decided to ask her about her roommate... bad idea right there... the next thing i know she is telling my about how her roommate is some kind of sex freak, nympho, you name it... and telling me about all the sex toys that her roommate has. at this point i was completely shocked that someone would think it was appropriate to discuss this during first rounds. i had no idea how to react so i just said "omg wow... i had a really akward roommate last year too... and completely changed the subject... but seriously. who says that kind of stuff? somehow she got asked back to second rounds... but she managed to share the sex crazed roommate story with more of my sisters and we definately dropped her after that..
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiOwl76 View Post
so this past fall was my first time recruiting. well it was probably only the second party of first rounds and i'm talking to this girl from somewhere near my home town, we know a lot of the same people and we were really getting along well. so i decided to ask her about her roommate... bad idea right there... the next thing i know she is telling my about how her roommate is some kind of sex freak, nympho, you name it... and telling me about all the sex toys that her roommate has. at this point i was completely shocked that someone would think it was appropriate to discuss this during first rounds. i had no idea how to react so i just said "omg wow... i had a really akward roommate last year too... and completely changed the subject... but seriously. who says that kind of stuff? somehow she got asked back to second rounds... but she managed to share the sex crazed roommate story with more of my sisters and we definately dropped her after that..
Hahahah that's great! How on EARTH do you respond to that without looking appalled? My only roommate was super conservative and ended up going back home.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Hahahah that's great! How on EARTH do you respond to that without looking appalled? My only roommate was super conservative and ended up going back home.
I typically play with people who make off the comments, so my responses would be along the line of, "So, how did you decorate your room?".