GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,546
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annatfancesa349
» Online Users: 2,386
1 members and 2,385 guests
naraht

Old 03-16-2006, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if last night was a repeat but the white girl actually revealed herself as "white" to the poetry group. When they came to her house to actually see her as a white girl, why her mom have to go and call them folks "black creatures"?!?!! Man, it was like a silent language. Everyone was kinda like," Yep, time to go!!!!"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-16-2006, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by raregem1913
I don't know if last night was a repeat but the white girl actually revealed herself as "white" to the poetry group. When they came to her house to actually see her as a white girl, why her mom have to go and call them folks "black creatures"?!?!! Man, it was like a silent language. Everyone was kinda like," Yep, time to go!!!!"

I fell asleep. I will have to watch the repeat on Saturday night.

Last night was not a repeat.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She called them "beautiful Black creatures" and I chalk that up to her being one of those psuedo earthy, flighty, this side of hippie type people.

She gives me the impression that she was raised by hippies/flower children/ on a commune somewhere. Very granola. I find her to be more corny than malicious.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to treblk
Quote:
Originally posted by ladylike
She called them "beautiful Black creatures" and I chalk that up to her being one of those psuedo earthy, flighty, this side of hippie type people.

She gives me the impression that she was raised by hippies/flower children/ on a commune somewhere. Very granola. I find her to be more corny than malicious.
I've yet to see this show, but this comment made me laugh
Old 03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

i really don't think that carmen means any harm. her problem is soooo clear to me: all of her life, she's been surrounded by people who thought it best not to tell her "shut up weirdo!" or explain to her that everything that comes to mind doesn't have to come out of her mouth. she told that dude he was "off the chain." wth??

i wish they had found a different black family for this "experiment." they would be a great family if the premise of the show was just living WITH a family of a different race. the son is totally closed off to it and renee just looks albino with her make-up on.

and renee aint about isht because she went shopping with carmen but didn't say anything about it until she was talking about her with her family. that aint right.

bruno is a d*ckhead. was that foo' actually RAISING THE ROOF in church???!!!!

I Stay Woke!!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She called them "beautiful Black creatures"

You're right, I stand corrected.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You're right, I stand corrected.
Even with "beautiful" thrown in, it still makes me raise an eyebrow. I felt embarrassed for the daughter. I mean the mom just had, just had to get up and do a poem. Why?!?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Even with "beautiful" thrown in, it still makes me raise an eyebrow. I felt embarrassed for the daughter. I mean the mom just had, just had to get up and do a poem. Why?!?
Exactly. When I think of "creatures" NOTHING good comes to mind about it.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
i wish they had found a different black family for this "experiment." they would be a great family if the premise of the show was just living WITH a family of a different race. the son is totally closed off to it and renee just looks albino with her make-up on.

bruno is a d*ckhead. was that foo' actually RAISING THE ROOF in church???!!!!
I agree that perhaps a different Black family would have made for a better show.

NO.He.didn't. I gotta stay awake Saturday to see this isht.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Agreed, although I was when she asked that boy if he was gay or straight. Why the heck did she do that? Why did she think it was her business?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Why couldn't Renee be frank with Carmen while shopping?
I think she got tired of her after a while. She tried to show her the "Church Hat" and other styles, but Carmen felt like she looked stupid in them. I felt like Renee was like Whateva after a while. But part of me also felt like she was thinking - "Ok, so you didn't like what I picked out??? Let me see you go to church in that Dashiki."

Carmen reminds me of Freddy off of "A Different World" in a sense. When she stood up and started talking at that poetry session, I cringed.

Why do I keep watching this show I keep asking myself...

Two Words...

Ice. Cube.

It it were by anyone else, I don't think I'd keep watching it.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I have seen two episodes and I have mixed reviews. I like the show because it gives EVERY race an opportunity to see how black and white people or interpretted. What I dont like is how they make the black mother/wife come across as this woman with a bad attitude. True, some things that she believes are unfounded but it hurts to see how the white teenage girl can be inspired by her poetry peers and she had the courage to tell them the truth.

Quality OVER Quantity...
The Real Alpha Omega!
AQ-7-SP04
Old 03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Lawd, they still on "Beautiful Black Creature".

That wig on that the son is wearing is HORRIBLE!

I'm a little delayed because I'm watching it on DVR.

... Oh Lawd. They done took these fools to Crenshaw....

Can someone PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSE shut Carmen UP?

And if their son does not see racism after 1 week of being around Carmen and Bruno, he is just not too bright.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 1browngirl Send a message via Yahoo to 1browngirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Tickled Pink 2

And if their son does not see racism after 1 week of being around Carmen and Bruno, he is just not too bright.
I don't think the son is really bright at all. He is like Bruno in some respects b/c he refuses to see that racism exists. Because he doesn't see it or experience it, he doesn't care.

I am mad he bought a $150 watch! He hasn't even finished high school & has no job!

Greater Service, Greater Progress since 1922
Old 03-23-2006, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1browngirl
He hasn't even finished high school & has no job!
I don't think he even made it to highschool. I thought I heard him say he got kicked out of school, was 16, the last grade he was in was the 8th grade, and he had previously flunked the 6th and the 8th grade.

On a lighter note....(maybe not so light) ,I just hope people do not get carzy and spin off bad habits from this show such as jumping into make-up to switch races for Halloween because it is a cool new trend, or another reality show setting people up and revealing the truth in the end, or auditioning for movie/plays/tv/music roles or other jobs where a certain race may be preferred. Example: A new black/other movie or music group comes out, get rave reviews, and it turns out all participants are actually non-black/non-other and had everyone fooled. Or doing something like the guy in Soul Man. . just joking but it could happen

Last edited by chrini; 03-23-2006 at 01:43 AM.