GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 1,955
1 members and 1,954 guests
nathanfances701

Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Mizzou recruitment / rec letters

Hello- my names Katie and I am rushing in the fall of 2013 at Mizzou. Do I need recs for every chapter? Should I get more than one letter per chapter? Super nervous and stressed being that greek life is huge within my family and I am coming from out of state and don't know anyone. Thanks y'all!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Letters of recommendations are necessary at Mizzou. I would try to obtain 1-2 from each chapter. Personal recommendations are the best, so try contacting EVERYONE you know - teachers, friend's parents, your parent's coworkers, church members, etc. If you cannot find a recommendation for a chapter, try contacting an panhellenic alumni group around where you live. They will probably be able to assist you.

Grades are important for all chapters, so keep your grades as high up as you can. Get involved in extra-curriculars and try doing community service work, if you do not already do so.

Don't be nervous. I was also from out of state and literally came to Mizzou not knowing a single person. However, I was able to find a home! Go in to recruitment being as prepared as you can be and keep an open mind. Good luck!

We live for each other.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Kind of late to this thread, but wanted to say that recs, etc are definitely important at Mizzou. I am guessing you are from the south - and you say your family has a strong Greek background - so put all of that to work for you. Network, network, network!