GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,599
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, et23
» Online Users: 1,381
1 members and 1,380 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjiyan69 View Post
Fighting Sioux...they played Grand Valley State for DII football championships a few times ( I went to community college where I teach now, Western Michigan University, and graduated from Grand Valley State).

You picked an excellent school to finish your graduate study
I used to cheer when I was at UND my Freshman and Sophomore year. When I got to Minnesota I just concentrated on getting into State, so I didn't cheer anymore and I put all of my time into studying. For vet school, I applied to Purdue, Ohio State, Minnesota, U of I and a few others. State was my first choice, though. I didn't think I was going to get in, so I was really surprised when I did.

Yep. I see a lot of people wearing GVSU shirts. I also know a Sig Ep who went there.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
we'll worry about that later. lol
Yeah, good idea.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
There are a few of us Michigan GC-ers!
Yes, quite a few of us. EMU here for undergrad, at Walsh now working on a masters (Live. Breathe. Business). I have a cousin who just graduated from GVSU and a few coworkers from GVSU and WMU. I have an aunt and uncle from East Lansing and their kids are all in Okemos now. I think half the kids in my graduating class who went to college went to MSU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I'm Greek and Italian. My mom is Greek and my Dad was Italian, so I don't know what the age results will look like for me. I guess that depends on who has stronger genes lol. or they both could be bad. I hope not.
When I had my first job, patients would ask me if I had graduated from high school yet. I was still getting carded until I was 30 or so. At 45, people are still usually surprised that I am that old although the grey hair is coming in (people compliment me on my highlights..lol..it's GREY!) and the wrinkles are becoming more noticeable to me now, especially as I lose weight. People usually guess late 30's though. I think if you look young, you stay looking younger all the time. You'll stay looking younger if you stay away from tanning, IMHO.

Last edited by AGDee; 01-05-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Yes, quite a few of us.

When I had my first job, patients would ask me if I had graduated from high school yet. I was still getting carded until I was 30 or so. At 45, people are still usually surprised that I am that old although the grey hair is coming in (people compliment me on my highlights..lol..it's GREY!) and the wrinkles are becoming more noticeable to me now, especially as I lose weight. People usually guess late 30's though. I think if you look young, you stay looking younger all the time. You'll stay looking younger if you stay away from tanning, IMHO.
I had a guy last week refuse to sell me alcohol at a gas station until I argued with him for 10 minutes because "that's your sister's ID, you are high school student". I'm 24.

Yes, stay away from tanning! I have to hope my 3 years of tanorexia won't ruin my face (though I wore make up with SPF in the bed and covered my face), because I'm already noticing lines on some of my friends' faces that probably wouldn't otherwise be there. I had a make up counter girl tell me one time that she stopped tanning after a week of working because so many women came in looking 45 or 55 when they were 35...from heavy tanning.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ya know Dee, I hope when I'm in my 40s that I stay looking younger as long as I can. Good thing for me is I have a darker olive complexion, mainly from my mom's side of the family, so I don't really need to tan. I've had a lot of people mistake me for Hispanic because of that. Well, that and my nose from my dad's side of the family. I hate my nose.

Oh, and the pic you posted, you do look younger than you really are.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sanjiyan69 Send a message via Skype™ to sanjiyan69
Quote:
Ya know Dee, I hope when I'm in my 40s that I stay looking younger as long as I can. Good thing for me is I have a darker olive complexion, mainly from my mom's side of the family, so I don't really need to tan. I've had a lot of people mistake me for Hispanic because of that. Well, that and my nose from my dad's side of the family. I hate my nose.

Tanning is the worst thing ever. It's pretty funny. Asian girls back home wants to have lighter skin while girls here wants to have darker skin.... Let's share the skin colors. lol

ΛΧΑ

My facebook
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Thanks. I have the olive skin too, thanks to the Italian in me. This pic here is from my 45th birthday.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tanning is the worst thing ever. It's pretty funny. Asian girls back home wants to have lighter skin while girls here wants to have darker skin.... Let's share the skin colors. lol
lol
Yep. My mom is from Southern Greece, and she has a darker complexion.

Quote:
Thanks. I have the olive skin too, thanks to the Italian in me. This pic here is from my 45th birthday.
Awww, Dee, you are so pretty. Yep, I'm Italian too, but I think I get my olive complexion from my mom, and she's Greek. The Italian side is from my dad. I really miss him.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sanjiyan69 Send a message via Skype™ to sanjiyan69
Quote:
I'd guess late 30's. nice pic!

ΛΧΑ

My facebook
Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'd guess late 30's. nice pic!
Yep. I'd say late 30s, too.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks. I do think cameras are kind to me too though.. those "fine lines" aren't as visible in a picture as in person...lol. Neither is the grey for some reason.