GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,471
0 members and 2,471 guests
No Members online

Old 05-12-2004, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

WHY ARE WOMEN SOO CATTY???
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-12-2004, 11:18 AM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by Neosoulchild
Why do you think Halle Berry can't keep a man? Are the men intimidated, or does she have some serious issues?
I believe that she has some serious issues. I'm not versed enough on stars personal life to speak intelligently. I believe that most entertainers are not normal people. They live in a bubble and don't encounter the same problems that most everyday people encounter.

The men are not intimidated, but they very well may be crazy, as well. The public eye changes folks, as most of you know from watching folks on your own campus once they share with the world their new affiliation.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:24 AM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by Love_Spell_6
WHY ARE WOMEN SOO CATTY???
Honestly I don't know.

It seems as if some of you all hold on to trivial issues far longer than you should. Most of the Catty females I know are all bark and no bite.

I don't know if it's tied to "competition" to get a man but y'all can be viscious. It seems af if some females would not have anything to talk about if it wasn't for another woman.

I wish females would stop it but it seems to be a part of a woman's nature at some point.

It's truly a maturity and insecurity issue. I've found that 'natural' women tend to be less catty than those still living the lye. i think that has to do with being comfortable with who you are. And women with natural hairstyles, IMO, seem to be much more comfortable in the skin they are in.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:28 AM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by laidbackfella
Honestly I don't know.

It seems as if some of you all hold on to trivial issues far longer than you should. Most of the Catty females I know are all bark and no bite.

I don't know if it's tied to "competition" to get a man but y'all can be viscious. It seems af if some females would not have anything to talk about if it wasn't for another woman.

I wish females would stop it but it seems to be a part of a woman's nature at some point.

It's truly a maturity and insecurity issue. I've found that 'natural' women tend to be less catty than those still living the lye. i think that has to do with being comfortable with who you are. And women with natural hairstyles, IMO, seem to be much more comfortable in the skin they are in.

Very interesting perspective..I never really thought about the "natural" vs "lye" thing.. and I actually think you have a great point here! Thanks Negrodamus
Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Why is it that Americans seem to have lost their zeal in fighting the terrorists ...the further away its gotten from September 11th?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Why are we in this war, anyway??

Quote:
Why is it that Americans seem to have lost their zeal in fighting the terrorists ...the further away its gotten from September 11th?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:22 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
I don't think it's a matter of losing their zeal. I believe it's a combination of things.

1). The war on Terrorism is not one fought on land or for territory. It's all about Intelligence. People were sold a false bill of goods. We are gonna get those terrorists and make them pay. But the question is who are the terrorists.

It's like trying to find a heckler in a dark but crowded auditorium. You hear someone shout something while your friend is singing. But you don't know where it came from. The only thing that you can do is wait for that person to say it again or for someone near them to step up on your friend's behalf. This person's boldness in heckling may then go on to influence another person to heckle as well. This leads to another source of heckling that goes unchecked and thereby builds up the confidence of the hecklers.

Now flip that and apply it to terrorism and you will see the first part of the US's dilemma.

2). We are still a microwave society. We want things fixed and solved right away. That's why the interest seems to be waning cuz Americans are fixated on quick results.

3). This administrations seems to be grasping at straws and trying to make ANY connection it can to terrorist activities. People are tired of being on Threat Level Orange, Yellow, or Fuschia. The more they point fingers the more their accusations seem unfounded. People will listen based on emotion, but they will only believe based on proof.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred
Why are we in this war, anyway??
President Bush and the powers that be pulling his strings have a vested interest in this region.

If any of you have ever watched the Documentary by Micheal Moore, entitled Bowling for Columbine, it shows a brief synopsis of how the US categorically has interfered with World Affairs by funding "revolutionaries".

Did any of you know that the CIA provided weapons, training and money for both Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein?

We are in this was in part because of this and the rest under the guise of freeing the world from the clutches of a dictator.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think it's a matter of losing their zeal. I believe it's a combination of things.

1). The war on Terrorism is not one fought on land or for territory. It's all about Intelligence. People were sold a false bill of goods. We are gonna get those terrorists and make them pay. But the question is who are the terrorists.

Why do people still question who the terrorists are after September 11th and especially when they always make cute little videotapes saying how we are the infidels and that all of us should be murdered?

Why did American's need to be convinced to go to war after what the terrorists did to us Sept 11th, US Cole, bombing World Trade Center, Embassies etc.??
Old 05-12-2004, 12:47 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Why do people still question who the terrorists are after September 11th and especially when they always make cute little videotapes saying how we are the infidels and that all of us should be murdered?
Because anyone can make a tape saying this was the work of so and so but it's really the work of someone else. When the Federal Center was blown up in Oklahoma people's first thought was it was terrorists from the Middle East.

Just like people get on various websites and PERP other orgs. People may do the same with these tapes. Some people LIKE to get the facts right before they move. I'm one of them. You don't have to apologize like those who go off with half the facts and mae ASSumptions.

Quote:

Why did American's need to be convinced to go to war after what the terrorists did to us Sept 11th, US Cole, bombing World Trade Center, Embassies etc.??
Well again I submit that a WAR on Terrorism is not something that we can fight like a war against a country. Because we took a risk just running up in Afghanistan. A war on Terrorism is about Intelligence. It's more prevention rather than engaging an enemy. It's about being proactive rather than being reactive.

Just like the War on Drugs. How do you fight that? You have to use Intelligence. You have to collect facts and data and strike at the root. Not the branches. The branches are expendable and will grow back.

Anger does not equate to a focused argument. Proof has to be given in order to justify a show of force.

If someone smacked your butt and you turned around and saw four men and two ladies standing right behind you, Who would you address? You need help in order to discern the culprit. Or else you may get smacked back by someone who was innocent in the first place.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:48 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
25 64 36 32 4 7 And the jackpot number is 64

But to make that happen we'll need to break into some lottery headquarters.

Please bear in mind I do better with explaining the why something happened rather than the what will happen.

Predicting the future requires simulataneous knowledge of several streams of inter-related incidents arranged as coincedence. I haven't grown my mental capacity to that level just yet but each day I try.

lol, ok..follow up question.

when are we going to break into the lottery head quarters to split the cash?
Old 05-12-2004, 01:20 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by starang21
lol, ok..follow up question.

when are we going to break into the lottery head quarters to split the cash?
Shit I'm ready to ride now. PM me your address so I can scoop you up.