GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 1,134
2 members and 1,132 guests
fmanning, Forgetmenotivy

Old 05-25-2004, 03:57 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by ladylike
What happens if I incur another penalty?
The "OWTest Bruh ever" can reprimand me.

**wringing hands together and laughing evil scientist laugh**
NO.

You will have to drive cross country with Iconoclastic aka Fred Hatchett and dstgent. Along the way you must stop at every HBCU and visit the Deltas and the Omegas there.

Take plenty of pictures.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-25-2004, 03:58 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Why is it that for some people their second toe is longer than their first (big) toe?
Old 05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
What site can I go to to get a thorough test to see what kind of dog is best for me and my living situation, temperament, etc?
Old 05-25-2004, 07:02 PM

I don't know laidbackfella personally.

But, this thread has me cracking up and I have to say:

I LOVE YOU, BRUH!!!!

Old 05-25-2004, 08:11 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by Neosoulchild
Why is it that for some people their second toe is longer than their first (big) toe?
It's something about those genes. That's like asking why some people have a lazy eye or why are some folks double jointed.

We'd have to look at the strands on the double helix and then look at the 23 pairs of chromosomes. The answer lies in the genes.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by laidbackfella
It's something about those genes. That's like asking why some people have a lazy eye or why are some folks double jointed.

We'd have to look at the strands on the double helix and then look at the 23 pairs of chromosomes. The answer lies in the genes.

that's my reason for everything now....it's the genes.

anyhow, i heard this urban myth.....

folks who have a longer second toe are more domineering in nature than those who have a larger big toe. is that true? for the most part, it has been true.

<---long second toe

maybe i'm too opinionated.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:38 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by BirthaBlue4
What site can I go to to get a thorough test to see what kind of dog is best for me and my living situation, temperament, etc?
Fun Test
http://www.drstansbury.com/petr.htm

Another Fun Test
http://orion.csuchico.edu/Pages/vol4....wantapet.html

Research
http://www.psyeta.org/sa/sa6.3/budge.html

Serious Test
http://www.petnet.com.au/selectapet/dogselectapet.html

Dog Website
http://www.about-dogs.com/choosing_a_dog_for_a_pet.htm

Old 05-25-2004, 08:41 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosDST
I don't know laidbackfella personally.

But, this thread has me cracking up and I have to say:

I LOVE YOU, BRUH!!!!

Awwww thanks Chaos.

I Love You too.

but where is my question Stinka?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Why are people so freaking stubborn and are unable to interpret other people's feelings and thusly are unable to understand any other points of views other than their own???

(i just got into a really stupid argument with my moms boyfriend because he thought i had an "attitude" with him grrrr)
Old 05-25-2004, 08:46 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by starang21
that's my reason for everything now....it's the genes.

anyhow, i heard this urban myth.....

folks who have a longer second toe are more domineering in nature than those who have a larger big toe. is that true? for the most part, it has been true.

<---long second toe

maybe i'm too opinionated.
Damnit Starang you've gone and exposed my best rationale. Now I can't use that as my stock answer to questions about good hair and innie versus outie belly buttons.

About the Urban Myth I've never heard that. It may be true.

Or it could be that folks be stubbing their big toe on the couch and that joker draw up like a turtle.

I don't think you are opinionated. Now Hoosier may say something a lil different.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:10 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by AlethiaSi
Why are people so freaking stubborn and are unable to interpret other people's feelings and thusly are unable to understand any other points of views other than their own???

(i just got into a really stupid argument with my moms boyfriend because he thought i had an "attitude" with him grrrr)
It's due to the fact that they have never wanted to take the time to understand. One thing I keep in mind when talking with others is that you should:

SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD.

If a person doesn't ever take the time to listen and acknowledge anothers position you won't be able to understand their postion.

When I worked in a Call Center I would teach my agents to Deconstruct the Customer's Objection. They dealt with inbound calls for a travel website. The whole idea behind Deconstruct the Customer's Objection is that you have to listen to their point of view and go from there. Don't interrupt. Don't anticipate the question. The word listen and silent have the exact letters, maybe that should tell you something. Once you have internalized this customers need you can tell them something that applies to their situation.

Your mom's boyfriend obviously doesn't want to listen to your viewpoint. He just wants to beat you til submission with his opinion. He obviously has something lodged in his rectal sphincter.

Just smile and nod and leave the situation in the future. Go off in a corner and say this prayer:

Lord, please put your arm around my shoulder....and put your hand over my mouth. AMEN!

Old 05-25-2004, 09:11 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
Quote:
I do believe you are thinking of a Hydrocyanic Acid Solution more commonly known as cyanide.

Cyanide binds tightly to cytochrome a3 so that it cannot transport electrons on to oxygen. This blocks the further passage of electrons through the chain, halting ATP production and life.

*pulls out Palm Pilot*

*taps Memo*

*taps New*

*types*

Always bring food when you visit msn4med1975

*taps Done*

*taps Memo 17*

*types*

Bring your own bottled water as well

*taps Done*

It wasn't cyanide I don't think ROFL but I haven't tried to kill nobody I SWEAR. Told y'all I aint' going to jail ROFL.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
It's due to the fact that they have never wanted to take the time to understand. One thing I keep in mind when talking with others is that you should:

SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD.

If a person doesn't ever take the time to listen and acknowledge anothers position you won't be able to understand their postion.

When I worked in a Call Center I would teach my agents to Deconstruct the Customer's Objection. They dealt with inbound calls for a travel website. The whole idea behind Deconstruct the Customer's Objection is that you have to listen to their point of view and go from there. Don't interrupt. Don't anticipate the question. The word listen and silent have the exact letters, maybe that should tell you something. Once you have internalized this customers need you can tell them something that applies to their situation.

Your mom's boyfriend obviously doesn't want to listen to your viewpoint. He just wants to beat you til submission with his opinion. He obviously has something lodged in his rectal sphincter.

Just smile and nod and leave the situation in the future. Go off in a corner and say this prayer:

Lord, please put your arm around my shoulder....and put your hand over my mouth. AMEN!

I did that with DialAmerica. My favorite travel site was Great Fun because it had lots of other things to do. What company did you work for?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.