GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,586
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, AIHAnderso
» Online Users: 1,443
1 members and 1,442 guests
fmanning

Old 01-27-2007, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Miss America 2007

I know there's an older Miss America thread, but I thought this year's deserved its own. It airs on CMT on January 29, from Las Vegas.

Any greeks among the bunch?

I know Miss Nevada is a Gamma Phi Beta (ETA: from Chapman Univ. in Calif.)!

Last edited by PeppyGPhiB; 01-27-2007 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Unregistered-

Did you watch Pageant School tonight? The MAO must really be desperate for viewership if they had to start and film Pageant School.

Miss Arkansas is listed as a member of Order of Omega, but it doesn't list her sorority affiliation. They don't list affiliation anymore on the MAO website, do they?

ETA: The ADPi website kindly lists the contestants with NPC affiliations:

ADPi: Miss Alabama
XO: Miss Arkansas, Miss Mississippi
SK: Miss District of Columbia
Tri Delta: Miss Florida
Pi Phi: Miss Missouri
GPhiB: Miss Nevada

I think it's so sad that they have to show the Miss America Pageant on a MONDAY night. Hello, everyone's going to be watching HEROES -- DUH!

Last edited by Unregistered-; 01-27-2007 at 02:14 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I did watch Pageant School tonight I'm home sick. Of course Miss America is desperate...they were dropped by the major broadcasting networks. I think the reality show thing is their way of making themselves more modern without making changes to the pageant itself, which is good I think. I noticed when Miss USA got more cheesy, and I haven't liked it much since then.

In light of all the problems with the Miss USA pageant, and because I'm SO SICK of Donald Trump, I've decided that the Miss America pageant needs to be brought back to the prestigious level it was for so long, and the Miss USA pageant needs to just fade into the background. Therefore, I will make the effort to find out when it's on and watch it. I actually always liked MA better, just never knew when it was on. I always liked watching the talent competition, interview and evening gown. I hope they keep their pageant classy...Miss USA is just a skin show.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Unregistered-

Second night of preliminary results are in! Miss Hawaii won Talent and Miss Nebraska won in Swimsuit! Go Pili! Hopefully she stuck her other competitions and rated high enough with the judges to secure a Finalist spot. It'd be great to get a 3rd Miss America from Hawaii!

Thursday night winners included Miss Texas (in Talent, and she's the first African-American Miss Texas contestant in MAO history) and Miss Oklahoma (Swimsuit).
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

miss alabama is the former miss samford university, and she co-hosted this years miss samford pageant. i was so impressed with her poise and maturity. she just graduated last spring. she is a great representative for a d pi.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

OTW, isn't Miss Hawaii ALWAYS in the top *whatever* that starts the show? I feel like there's a small subset of states always chosen.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
OTW, isn't Miss Hawaii ALWAYS in the top *whatever* that starts the show?

I always feel that Miss California is consistently in the top 10 so yeah. There probably are some states that get more recognition from their girls. Good for them though! If states like Hawaii & CA put up some great girls that get recognized a lot, I say it's a good thing.

ETA: I just saw the pics of them on the website. WOW! Miss Hawaii looked amazing in that costume & that dance was probably HOT!

Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 01-27-2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: More info added
Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I always feel that Miss California is consistently in the top 10 so yeah. There probably are some states that get more recognition from their girls. Good for them though! If states like Hawaii & CA put up some great girls that get recognized a lot, I say it's a good thing.

ETA: I just saw the pics of them on the website. WOW! Miss Hawaii looked amazing in that costume & that dance was probably HOT!
I want to say HI, CA, and IL always stick in my mind, I want to say TX, but I'm not sure if I'm channeling Miss Congeniality or not...
Old 01-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
OTW, isn't Miss Hawaii ALWAYS in the top *whatever* that starts the show? I feel like there's a small subset of states always chosen.
Hawaii won in Miss America 1992 and 2001 -- and in recent years, Hawaii's placed in the semis and finals in 1997, 2000, and 2003. We came so close in 2003 with Kanoe coming in 1st RU to Ericka Dunlap.

We may be no Texas or [insert whatever powerhouse pageant state here], but Ray and the guys at the Miss Hawaii Program are obviously doing something right!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Since I usually do well at picking the MA top ten, one of my friends told me to enter the contest they had online this year to win a $1 million. My top ten picks, based on reading the info on the website, are:

Miss Arkansas *who won Pageant School*
Miss Texas
Miss Connecticut *good backstory
Miss Nebraska
Miss DC
Miss Florida
Miss North Carolina
Miss Maryland *another good backstory
Miss Pennsylvania
Miss Kansas

I do not think I am going to do that well this year based on prelims! I agree, Michigan was cute as button. California, seemed impressive but not a "natural" beauty *I hate saying that but this is about beauty* Did anyone who watched Pageant School think Miss Delaware was a little much?