GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,530
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, NannieAsc
» Online Users: 1,251
0 members and 1,251 guests
No Members online

Old 05-12-2004, 01:21 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Why do some organizations initiate openly gay men (well, they seem openly gay to me) but get upset when their organization is thought of as having a lot of gay members. Baffles me?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:37 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by ramrod
Why do some organizations initiate openly gay men (well, they seem openly gay to me) but get upset when their organization is thought of as having a lot of gay members. Baffles me?
Well it's due to the fact that they've looked past the sexuality of this new member and wonder why for some people that is the only quality they see. I'm sure they get offended because they know the manner of man this person is however most only see, "traits'.

They are probably bothered by the fact that people allow stereotypes to shape and govern their thoughts.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:37 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel you. But that's not really what I'm getting at. Basically if you roll w/homosexual men it's pretty likely that you will be thought of as gay. I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I am saying it's pretty stupid to surround yourself with a group of gay men and start trippin when people start to think you're gay.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
^^
The format is to ask questions, not to engage in back and forth.

And with that, Laidback, how can we get our people to become interested in and focused on improving educational opportunities?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:04 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by ramrod
I feel you. But that's not really what I'm getting at. Basically if you roll w/homosexual men it's pretty likely that you will be thought of as gay. I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I am saying it's pretty stupid to surround yourself with a group of gay men and start trippin when people start to think you're gay.
Being that I'm heterosexual and don't surround myself with "gay" men I can't provide you anymore of an answer than I did in my previous response.

Clairvoyance, is not a skill that I've honed enough to read others minds. Perhaps you should engage the individuals in a genuine conversation to ascertain their point of view.

Or you could write The Mentalist. He will be on your local NBC channel tonight at 8 pm. He certainly had people in the Plaza in awe this morning on The Today Show.

But was that a question or did you not appreciate the initial response?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:43 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
^^
The format is to ask questions, not to engage in back and forth.

And with that, Laidback, how can we get our people to become interested in and focused on improving educational opportunities?
Hmmmm, now that's a hard one.

1). We have to educate African Americans about their past. Not from slavery but from the rich history of their descendants and forefathers in Africa. With that history will come pride and with that pride will come elevated expectations of their own children and neighbors.

2). People have to learn the value of education. We teach children that you go to school to get an education, you get an education to get a good job, you get a good job to make money. However the lesson that many children are learning is that in the end it's all about the money.

The value of education is not to make more money but to better yourself. Anyone educated or not can make money. Education helps you improve your quality of living not through money or material things but through an appreciation of the world you are in.

3). Enriched opportunities must be afforded to all children. People get discouraged because they are failed by many of the programs put into place. We must support and encourage Mentor Programs, Tutoring Sessions and a variety of programs that help build up the youth and their own individual identity.

4). It takes a village to raise a child is the mentality we must assume. People tend to turn a deaf ear or a blind eye to the activities of other children, even at times their own. This can not continue if we intend to turn our lives and lifestyles around.

5). Constant reinforcement of positives is needed. Show children and parents postive images. Show them what can be done.

Can't died in the corner cuz it couldn't get up. As you tell them, show them.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:44 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Which is the better/most comfortable bed linen? Laura Ashley or Ralph Lauren?
Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
Which is the better/most comfortable bed linen? Laura Ashley or Ralph Lauren?
Hmmm, I'd go with the company that offers you the pattern you like with the higher thread count for the lower price. Cuz in the end its the sheets that make the difference in the comfort.

But Laura Ashley seems to have a better sense of style as far as this years line.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

How can I tell if my man (BF) of 2 years-ish is interested in popping THE question? (and means it!)
Old 05-12-2004, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to frat2b
ok how bout this one...and other Ques may answer. What in your opinion makes a "good Bruh".

Just like to here different opinions.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:03 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle
How can I tell if my man (BF) of 2 years-ish is interested in popping THE question? (and means it!)
Well not knowing you, your man or the whole context of your relationship please take what I say with a grain of salt.

1). Have you two ever discussed marriage in any context?

2). Does it seem to be something that he has any interest in?

3). Does he react favorably when you bring up the subject?

4). Does he have any married couples in his life that are doing well?

5). Are/were his parents married to each other?

If you can answer yes to all of these I'd say you just need to be consistent and wait for him to pop the question.

If you can answer no to three or more, I'd be a little concerned about his interest. But that is no need to rock the boat if you two are doing well.