GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,579
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, HarriettRo
» Online Users: 1,744
2 members and 1,742 guests
g41965, Phrozen Sands

Old 02-28-2002, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

advice?

Hey everyone! I'm new and I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Here's the deal...I pledged my sorority and was initiated last fall (0'1) and since then things have been going severely downhill with the chapter. The older officers are fighting and some hardly speak, no one wants to get involved in activities, and we found out we may lose our housing. That would be AWFUL for rush and our sorority in general. The majority of my pledge sisters and the girls we got this spring really want to work to turn this around but we have no idea where to start. No one comes to planned sisterhood events which i think are so important to a good chapter. Thanks guys! Any suggestions would be great!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-28-2002, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

YOU CAN DO IT

that is always hard but if there is an interest in turning the chapter around, then by all means you have the power to do it, it will be hard work, and at times not so fun, but if you have the hard work support and dedication than YOU can do it...
Old 02-28-2002, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

First, get an advisor involved

Hi greek-cutie!

Welcome to Greek Chat! I totally understand where you're coming from... the chapter I advise has had similar problems, and we are still working through them... but I think we will get there with perserverence! (Wait...you're not a member of the chapter I advise, are you???)

I think that the first thing you and your sisters need to do is GET AN ADVISOR INVOLVED!!! Pick an advisor who you can trust and with whom you and the other girls get along well. A good advisor will be able to help you see where you need to go to strengthen your chapter, and how to get there.

Best of luck!!