GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,647
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Rachiokzo
» Online Users: 1,658
2 members and 1,656 guests
Phrozen Sands, Tridentia

Old 07-10-2000, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina_lynn:
Back to the issue at hand..

The project that I'm going to advocate for this year is suppling the local Samaritin Center with all of the health kits that it will need for a whole year. They only cost about $4 at a dollar store to make (you know toothbrushes, Washcloths, soap, combs, shampoo ect. anything that you would need if you were displaced from your home for a while), and if one chapter could do that, then it would make a huge difference in this community.

What a great idea! Making the kits together could be fun as well.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2000, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

We are really gonna try that thanks
Quote:
Originally posted by Gina_lynn:
Back to the issue at hand..

One of the things that I like to encourage my chapter and those around us to do is commit to one big project a year rather than 50 small things for two reasons, 1) It adds to the image of the orgainization and chapter, and 2) it keeps you focused for the year. The project that I'm going to advocate for this year is suppling the local Samaritin Center with all of the health kits that it will need for a whole year. They only cost about $4 at a dollar store to make (you know toothbrushes, Washcloths, soap, combs, shampoo ect. anything that you would need if you were displaced from your home for a while), and if one chapter could do that, then it would make a huge difference in this community.

As Greeks, those letters we wear give us a huge advantage when it comes to fundraising and service. Rather than spreading it so thinly to the point where no one notices we should make big impacts in a few areas.