GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,557
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, isaclittleoz273
» Online Users: 1,663
1 members and 1,662 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
No, I didn’t watch it last night. I saw the score this morning, though. We’re still up by one game, which is nice. I’m going to stay positive.
If they play like they’ve been playing throughout the season, then they’ll definitely have a shot at it. They play like they did last night, then they can hang it up. Knicks have been on fire but I think the Pacers will come back and win it.

Quote:
WIFLSRN: Now that I’ve had my coffee this morning, I’ll respond to client text messages. I have quite a bit this morning. Nothing major, thank God. Just people not listening.
Do you have two cell phones? One for your clients and the other for personal use? My vet only gave me her card and it has just the clinic phone number on it. Your clients/patients get personal, royal treatment to have direct contact with you like that?
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
If they play like they’ve been playing throughout the season, then they’ll definitely have a shot at it. They play like they did last night, then they can hang it up. Knicks have been on fire but I think the Pacers will come back and win it.
I’m trying to stay positive, but then, sometimes I’m like.. “CG, you do know this is Minnesota, right?”

Quote:
Do you have two cell phones? One for your clients and the other for personal use? My vet only gave me her card and it has just the clinic phone number on it. Your clients/patients get personal, royal treatment to have direct contact with you like that?
No, I just use my personal phone. With my patients, I just prefer to check on them via text because it’s easier and then, I’m not wondering how they’re doing, when I’m not at work. It works for me, so it’s what I do. Every vet is different.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, I just use my personal phone. With my patients, I just prefer to check on them via text because it’s easier and then, I’m not wondering how they’re doing, when I’m not at work. It works for me, so it’s what I do. Every vet is different.
I should tell my vet I know of a vet who offers this service, and encourage her to offer it, too Lol. Any of them try to be friends or cool with you?
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I should tell my vet I know of a vet who offers this service, and encourage her to offer it, too Lol. Any of them try to be friends or cool with you?
lol
You should. I’m sure she’ll just tell you that if you want her to, she will. I don’t just randomly text my clients. I always let them know I’m going to call or text them about their pet, if that’s okay with them. She probably doesn’t text or call because she doesn’t volunteer that, and/or you haven’t asked her to.

Some of them have offered to treat me to coffee or lunch, as a thank you, but I always decline. I just keep the conversations focused on the patient and only the patient, while being kind to the client.

It works really well for me because for example, I had a patient (cat) yesterday morning who was brought in with food poisoning. He had some vomiting and diarrhea going on. So, in situations like that, I want to hear how he’s doing so I can make sure he’s not dehydrating. That way, based on what his owner is telling me, I can advise the owner on what to do.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
You should. I’m sure she’ll just tell you that if you want her to, she will. I don’t just randomly text my clients. I always let them know I’m going to call or text them about their pet, if that’s okay with them. She probably doesn’t text or call because she doesn’t volunteer that, and/or you haven’t asked her to.

Some of them have offered to treat me to coffee or lunch, as a thank you, but I always decline. I just keep the conversations focused on the patient and only the patient, while being kind to the client.

It works really well for me because for example, I had a patient (cat) yesterday morning who was brought in with food poisoning. He had some vomiting and diarrhea going on. So, in situations like that, I want to hear how he’s doing so I can make sure he’s not dehydrating. That way, based on what his owner is telling me, I can advise the owner on what to do.
How’d he get food poisoning? What was he doing, eating out of the garbage?
Old Today, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
How’d he get food poisoning? What was he doing, eating out of the garbage?
No, his owner gave him some leftover chicken he had in his refrigerator that had been in there long enough that if he didn’t have a pet, he’d have thrown the chicken away. To myself, I’m like, why would you give your cat old, leftover food in your refrigerator you’re not going to eat yourself? That was my first impression, but apparently, according to him, he ate some of it and gave the rest to his cat.
Old Today, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, his owner gave him some leftover chicken he had in his refrigerator that had been in there long enough that if he didn’t have a pet, he’d have thrown the chicken away. To myself, I’m like, why would you give your cat old, leftover food in your refrigerator you’re not going to eat yourself? That was my first impression, but apparently, according to him, he ate some of it and gave the rest to his cat.
He probably didn’t know. He probably figured if it smells and taste normal, and he didn’t get sick, then it’d be ok to give some to his cat.