Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 863
0 members and 863 guests
No Members online

Old 11-06-2008, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Homecoming at Omicron-Kappa

Brothers,

This is the first year that Kennesaw State University is doing an official homecoming week, and we at the O-K chapter are proud to be a part of it. However, because we have never done this and have never seen how it is done, we are at a loss for ideas. I have been selected to head up homecoming committee and I am in charge of planning it. Currently, my big problem is planning a "Yell Like Hell" cheer. The only rules are it has to incorporate Kappa Sig, Kennesaw State pride, and our theme: enlightenment. It cannot be vulgar. Would anyone happen to be able help a brother out and help make Kappa Sigma #1 once again at KSU? Thank you.

AEKDB,
Andy Chang
Omicron-Kappa Chapter
Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Brother Chang,

When I was in the service, we had a cheer:

"Who are they - THE BEST"
"Who are they - THE BEST"
"Who are we - BETTER"

Naturally the RCAF units also on base perverted it slightly:

"Who are we - BUTTER".

Of course we all had a laugh the first seven thousand times we heard it, either way.

There may be things relevant to your chapter which are suitable for a cheer. Let Dilligence and Committment be your watchwords.

Another thing we like to emphasize to other fraternities is that we're not for a day, or a college term only, but for life (I think the Docet phrases it nicely). It sounds corny to say in your head, but gangsta rap has been written about how they're part of a gang for life, so I'm sure you could piggyback and find something agreeable.

If I'm way off base, why don't you indicate the precepts you need. This thread might be useful for my own chapter as we approach running a homecoming celebration next year.

Thomas