GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,586
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, AIHAnderso
» Online Users: 1,684
1 members and 1,683 guests
fmanning

Old 04-27-2011, 01:09 AM

Thought I'd share this here, since this is our default "all things housing" thread:

http://kentwired.com/frats-negotiate...n-main-street/

In short, the our city bus system is building a downtown transit center.

They appealed to the city board of zoning to PAVE the parking lots of 2 fraternities (TKE and Sigma Tau Gamma) on Main St, in order to make more room for transit center parking. They also asked the board to alter the fraternity lots to make room.

There's a mention (from the landlords) about the perks of living on Main (from a fraternity standpoint) and the fact that fraternities prefer it to moving to the new (and unoccupied) Greek Village.

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2011, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Aw, I wish I could live in a house. The city of Frostburg prohibits greek housing.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

The Xi Beta chapter of Theta Tau at my school just put letters up on their new Fraternity house this week!

It's about halfway in between my chapter's house and my new house that I live in. I smell a Greek Row in the making.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^^^

I feel bad for the neighbors....
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeb View Post
I heard Sammy used to be where Gamma Phi's lawn and parking lot are now, too. It seems possible that Phi Kappa Tau was by ADPi/Tri Delt, too, given that their letters are there? Maybe not, I don't know. I have noticed the Chi Phi letters carved into the sidewalk on University by Pi Kapp. A few Phi Sigs have told me they're taking their house back fall 2012.
The former Delta Tau Delta house is that brick structure at Adams and Scarff. It is currently occupied by the ONE national gay and lesbian archives. The current Delta Tau Delta house is the former Sammy house. The current Alpha Epsilon Pi house is the former Phi Kappa Tau house. The current Lambda Chi Alpha house is the former Chi Phi house. Lambda Chi Alpha used to have a house where the parking lot is located at 30th and University (between the soccer field and the walkway from the row to campus). Sigma Phi Epsilon had a house where the parking lot is now located on the left side of the Phi Psi house. The current Sigma Phi Epsilon house is the former KA house. The Gamma Phi Beta parking lot is where the former Tau Epsilon Phi house was. The parking lot between Theta and DG is where the former Alpha Omicron Pi house used to be. Pi Kappa Phi is in the former Chi Omega house.

Lastly, the former Sigma Chi house from a very long time ago was located on campus where the bookstore is now located. It was used as an administrative facility until it was torn down in about 1984.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

oh wow! I can't believe how much the row has changed! Or that Sigma Chi used to be on campus.

So AOII was where Alpha Phi is now? Because they're in between Theta and DG. The parking lot between Theta and Alpha Phi is pretty small, I'm surprised a house could fit there! Then again, looking at it on Google Maps, I guess the lot is bigger than I remembered.

I just found out that the house I thought was an abandoned national fraternity is actually the dental fraternity, Psi Omega. I didn't even know we had a dental fraternity. I also can't believe there was a fraternity north of Adams. Weirdddd.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry. The old AOII house was where the parking lot is between Theta and Alpha Phi.

Also, forgot to mention that Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority was located in that house on the row on the right side of of the parking lot (where Sig Ep used to be) next to Phi Psi. The last house on the south side of the row before the Nine O.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 AM
GreekChat Member

the one that is now Beta Omega Phi? Huh!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
The former Delta Tau Delta house is that brick structure at Adams and Scarff. It is currently occupied by the ONE national gay and lesbian archives. The current Delta Tau Delta house is the former Sammy house. The current Alpha Epsilon Pi house is the former Phi Kappa Tau house. The current Lambda Chi Alpha house is the former Chi Phi house. Lambda Chi Alpha used to have a house where the parking lot is located at 30th and University (between the soccer field and the walkway from the row to campus). Sigma Phi Epsilon had a house where the parking lot is now located on the left side of the Phi Psi house. The current Sigma Phi Epsilon house is the former KA house. The Gamma Phi Beta parking lot is where the former Tau Epsilon Phi house was. The parking lot between Theta and DG is where the former Alpha Omicron Pi house used to be. Pi Kappa Phi is in the former Chi Omega house.

Lastly, the former Sigma Chi house from a very long time ago was located on campus where the bookstore is now located. It was used as an administrative facility until it was torn down in about 1984.
Well I knew about Lambda Chi, and Chi Phi's old houses (as Kaeb quoted up above), as well as Chi O, I had no idea about all those other ones. Thanks for the mini history lesson Cadmus.

Quote:
Also, forgot to mention that Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority was located in that house on the row on the right side of of the parking lot (where Sig Ep used to be) next to Phi Psi. The last house on the south side of the row before the Nine O.
I am glad that cleared it up. I heard that AEPhi was either in that house (Asian Beta, and previously Pike), or in Theta's lot, which you have said was in fact AOII.

Do you remember any others? Are you secretly Beth Saul? haha j/k

Quote:
I can't believe how much the row has changed! Or that Sigma Chi used to be on campus.
I agree Kaeb, its really interesting. I think our Greek system could be more united if they did a Row history seminar during the new member period
Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I actually drew up a little map cause I'm a dork like that.

Does that look about right?
parentheses indicate past or future tenants.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Kaeb, you are awesome! That definitely looks right. If you want to tweak it a bit more, I know that ZBT's original house was where Sigma Nu is now; and then before they moved to Chi O/PiKapp on the corner of University and 28th, they were at Theta Chi.

Last edited by 28StGreek; 06-04-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
< sees above map >

Heh, I have an idea:

MONOPOLY: GLO EDITION

or

a online version of UNIVERSITY/GLO TYCOON ( a variation on Roller Coaster Tycoon )
Old 06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

what a great idea zetaphi708! think how many campuses could be used for the game.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Correct on AGD. Delta Sigma Phi used be in the house where AGO is now. Pi Kappa Phi used to be in the current Sigma Delta Tau house.

Never, ever, heard that ZBT was where Sigma Nu is now. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is accurate. Sigma Nu has been at SC since 1930.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28StGreek View Post
Are you secretly Beth Saul? haha j/k
LOL! I was at SC before there was staff dedicated to Greek Life.