GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,245
2 members and 2,243 guests
MethrenLusia, Phrozen Sands

Old 06-05-2004, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

A typical night out

What is a typical nite out for you? Do you prefer the "bar" over the "club" scene? What is the best place to go in your area? Or even your all-time favorite going-out place somewhere else?

I'll start:

I am definately a laid-back chic. I prefer bars over clubs anyday ($30 covers and $12 drinks is a little steep for my budget and unneccesary to have a good time IMHO).

I also like to be able to just go out where I can wear jeans and a tank top or cords and a t-shirt, nothing too dressy.

The Manhattan bar-scene is fun but I prefer my neighborhood bars the most because I can just walk home.

My all-time favorite bar is definately P&G's, a typical "college" bar in New Paltz where I went to undergrad.

If you come to NYC, I recommend heading over to Queens (10 minutes from Grand Central). Some of the best Irish Bars in the city are in Sunnyside. Check out The Courtyard and Tailors Hall.

Forest Hills is also fun. There is a place called Bartini's that makes about 300 different Martini's. Also 5 Burros Cafe is great for Mexican and Margaritas. There is a cozy date spot called Networks but the bartenders tend to be really snobby.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2004, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I like bars more than clubs, some nights I like divey bars so I can play darts, other nights I like a nice wine or martini bar. Clubs are fun once in awhile...

I typically like to wear nice jeans, a cute shirt, stilettos and fun accessories - jewelry, handbags, coats - unless I am slumming, then it is jeans, a wifebeater and flip flops. In the summer months, I tend to dress up more and wear little dresses and skirts.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

the life of a graduate

Well, in college I would just do whatever there was to do that evening. Sometimes it was a sorority event, sometimes a big campus party, sometimes a birthday party, or an art event, like a play or dance show (colleges have such a plethora of artistic talent!).

Now though, I like to go into San Francisco. I don't do it every weekend because it takes some planning and I don't get home until 3 or 4, but it is tons of fun! I like places with lower covers ($10 and under), and have a bit of everything: fun decor, a lounge area where you can sit and talk, and a dance floor. I love to dance, and I like it when a place will have multiple DJ's in one night so you aren't stuck with the same kind of music over and over again (a mix between dance music and hip hop is my favorite!). If a place is good, I don't mind staying there all night.

I didn't used to like bars all that much, but now I find that the process of getting dressed up and going out is very exciting, especially when you have a few good people to come with you.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Sometimes I just like to hang out at a low key bar where I can where jeans and a top. My favorite though is a bar/club place called Hi 5. It's basically an upscale sports bar and on Thurs, Fri, Sat nights they take out some of the tables and have a DJ playing Hip Hop music. It's lots of fun but always very crowded.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: A typical night out

Quote:
Originally posted by winneythepooh7

My all-time favorite bar is definately P&G's, a typical "college" bar in New Paltz where I went to undergrad.
i love P&G's. i go there to eat every time i visit my family in new paltz. haven't been there for the night scene at all though...but their curly fries rock!
Old 06-06-2004, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: A typical night out

Quote:
Originally posted by cash78mere
i love P&G's. i go there to eat every time i visit my family in new paltz. haven't been there for the night scene at all though...but their curly fries rock!
oh wow! someone who knows p&g's ("pigs) LOL. they do have good food. i love the clam chowder and the make the best burgers too. very fattening food but very yummy
Old 06-06-2004, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

For me its dinner with some friends and then head downtown to Pat'O's or Howl at the Moon.

Also having drinks at a cool nice upscale hotel is cool.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
Morgantown's bar scene is a little different. We have more bars and clubs in our downtown area than there are businesses. The last report I heard was 70 some alcohol establishments in...maybe four blocks. Our student union has a happy hour that starts at 11 am with dollar drafts.

It's more akin to binge drinking every night than 'going out'. That's why my freshman year about half my dorm just didn't come back after the first semester. It's pretty sad.