GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,586
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, AIHAnderso
» Online Users: 1,583
1 members and 1,582 guests
fmanning

Old 01-18-2002, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

This is my theory on the entire thing...every sorority and fraternity is good some are better in some places as in others and all that stuff.
BUT everyone knows there are certain sororities that everyone knows of that organization they have tons of famous alumni's and it seems like everybody and there mother or father were in that particular sorority so i agree theta, pi phi, and tri delt everyone knows who they are and they have tons of recgonition they have stood strong for years and still have that same reputaion since day 1 and as far as fraternities "sigma chi" who doesn't know who they are everyone it seems like was or is a sig. tom sellack (sp?) brad pitt, john wayne the list goes they are "known" so instead "elited" maybe saying "well known for years" could candy coat it a little. also for guys s a e everyone knows s a e,etc, etc, etc. just because you say there are "very well know" organizations than others doesn't mean a bad thing it's just they have been recognized for year. And yes i was a rho chi and i love all sororites....hell i was half a second from choosing alpha gam on my bid card. Theta is no better than any others they are just really "known"
Old 01-18-2002, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

if they have tons and tons of members,how is that elite??
Old 01-18-2002, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I am meaning tons of famous alumni, but ya know what this is nothing to dispute about it is my little opinion
Old 01-18-2002, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not trying to be disputeful, just wondering about terms. Maybe "elite" isn't so great if the other groups have tons of famous alumni.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:13 PM

Every group out there has tons of famous alum. Therefore, one group is NOT more elite over the other.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Thumbs down

Here we go again
Old 01-19-2002, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
LOL @ some of you idiots.
Just because a group has more members or more famous alumni does not mean that that group is "elite."
So, a certain someone, I won't say names, says his/her org has many famous alumni, so that means that the org is elite. Well, wtf are you? Are you famous? Are you that alum who is famous? Are you all the tons and tons of members? If not, stfu.

"my org has one more member, therefore, we are more elite than you"

and just for the record, I didn't know anything at all about Sigma Chi before this year. Quit assuming shat.
And yes, lets be hypocritical and talk about let's all be greek, then in the same facking post talk about how "we got rid of the other local"
Now, to those of you who think your org is elite; is that the reason you joined? Because of the large sums of money? Because of the huge member base? Because of the famous alum?
Be thruthful, and really think about it.

To those of you who know what i'm talking about (most) and want to say, who really gives a shat about the elitest bs, then rock on to you all!

d
Old 01-19-2002, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Tried to PM you damasa, but your box was full. I wanted to say that you are right on!

Jen
Old 01-19-2002, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by TechAPhi
Tried to PM you damasa, but your box was full. I wanted to say that you are right on!

Jen
lol, you know, I'm having a lot of problems with that. I will have like two or three msgs in my box and it will say it is full. Before I could have had like 20 or 30. Maybe everyone has an inbox that is getting full, and it's taking away from the storage space of other users? Me dunno. lol

the blainester
Old 01-19-2002, 01:16 AM

hey damasa - I am having probs w/ my pm inbox too, it doesn't seem like it takes much to get it full.

On another note, betapsigirl, congrats on bringing this petty and narrow minded thread back to the top. Hint..if it's a topic that is dumb, lame, and deader than Abraham Lincoln (not to say this is LOL) DON'T post to it, that will only make it the first thing new GC people see.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go make a zillion more posts to push this back down.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:20 AM

The pm issue:

Try searching for pm's sent and recieved in say the past 100 days. If ones past the last 10 days aren't deleted, than they keep piling up.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex greek
The pm issue:

Try searching for pm's sent and recieved in say the past 100 days. If ones past the last 10 days aren't deleted, than they keep piling up.
i've done that. Didn't work
Old 02-03-2002, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SAEguy
Well at KU I would say one of the elite would be XO they are a large house, thats been at KU for along time, the girl are all incredibly beautiful......one downside they are a little stuck on themselves! I will be honest I dont know any XO's really well yet....but I know there are nice ones out there if you are please contact me and let me know what you are like other than at KU
Old 02-03-2002, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Okay, this thread irks me. I have been thinking about posting my true feelings about the subject and now I can no longer hold back.

The only reason anyone cares what the elite sororities are is because it makes them feel better about themselves if it is established that they are a part of one of those organizations. Period.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know about that. I think this thread is fun and interesting, but as one of my sisters posted earlier, no one considers our group to be an elite sorority.

I think we OUGHT to give props to the sororities that have been around the longest, that have managed to establish lots of chapters or to not lose the chapters they open, that have never discriminated on the basis of color or religion, that have strong financial support from alums, that manage to prevent hazing, that produce famous, accomplished alums, that manage to get the most girls interested. That means they are doing (or have done) something right.

That doesn't mean these chapters are better, or that I wish I had joined XYZ instead. Every NPC group out there has something to be proud of. But just as on any campus sorority one is stronger than another, the same is going to happen on the national level. To pretend that we're all the same is to delulde ourselves.