GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 1,858
0 members and 1,858 guests
No Members online

Old 02-03-2002, 02:27 PM

I agree with Fuzzie....(by the way Fuzz one of my best friends was an AXiD at Kent and they were great girls.....very cool and down to earth, just like my friend. I don't know much about them now but from the girls I have seen walking around with AXiD letters on if they aren't considered "elite" at Kent then I don't know what is!!!!!)

SAEguy......not all girls are stuck on themselves just because they are beautiful. Unfortunately I think a lot of really pretty girls get that reputation thrust upon them by others, not by their real actions. There are lots of Chi Os on GC (one being me!) I have not seen you post before but if you hang around you will meet a lot of members of just about every sorority out there and every one of them represents their chapters beautifully. I would be proud to call them my sisters.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-03-2002, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SAEguy
I totally agree, I hope I didnt come off wrong? I meant no disrespect, forgive me? I'm saying I hope that the XO's on here and at KU arent like the ones I have come into contact with. The being stuck on themselves isnt due to beauty or anything the ones i have met just act that way. I'm sure your a great person as are alot of the others I have met on here.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:34 PM

Don't worry, SAE....no offense taken.

By the way, back when I was an active, for about a year there one of my close friends and I were practically SAEs ourselves....we were really good friends with they guys and spent ALL our time there......we had some great times.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Reply to VSUPhiMu

Quote:
Originally posted by VSUPhiMu
This entire thread is so unnecessary! Each individual chapter is different. You can say that a sorority is "elite" because it was first or whatever, but national organizations don't always reflect the local chapters.

For instance, at my school Phi Mu, KD, and ADPi would be considered "good". We also have Chi Omega, Zeta, and AGD that are not "as good" by a popular majority. However, that doesn't mean that these two sororities are not nationally "elite" or desireable. Chi Omega, Zeta and AGD have very good national reputations.

To label any sorority as higher than any other is a waste of time. Take Chi Omega for instance. We all know what happened at a local chapter, but does that mean that ALL Chi-O chapters and their nationals are not "elite"? Every sorority has something to offer each individual sister or perspective member, so don't waste your time trying to label the "elite" sororities.

I think we should all spend a little less time analyzing questions like these with bias and just enjoy our own organizations.

-VSUPhiMu

[This message has been edited by VSUPhiMu (edited July 06, 2001).]
I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta at this university. I am very disappointed in you referring to us as "not as good" as you and the other sororities you listed. The fact that you had the guts to announce this publically only makes you look like you think you are somehow superior to everybody else. Just remember, people from your school do read this.

Don't try to make it look better by saying we are strong internationally. What makes you so much better??? Shame on you!!
Old 02-04-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Quote:
Originally posted by SAEguy
Well at KU I would say one of the elite would be XO they are a large house, thats been at KU for along time, the girl are all incredibly beautiful......one downside they are a little stuck on themselves! I will be honest I dont know any XO's really well yet....but I know there are nice ones out there if you are please contact me and let me know what you are like other than at KU

Just wait till you get to know the ones here on G.C!!! They'll knock your socks off baby!!!! [then again... I am biased]

Seriously- very down to earth set of women! Class act all the way and would do anything for a fellow greek

Sue
Old 02-04-2002, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SAEguy
XO_Sue thanks for the encouragement on finding some nice ones, and I do think they are class act just havent met any on a personal level for are. I did say they were the elite of sororities. Well hope to meet more class acts like yourself!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Thanks buddy!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to PhiMuLady
Love that quote!

------------------
Mikki Gates
Delta Zeta Alum
Kappa Mu Chapter
Sigma Alpha Iota Alum
Eta Tau Chapter

"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

--Julia Roberts
(Steel Magnolias)

That movie was based on a Phi Mu and there are several references to Phi Mu in the movie. Such as the pink carnations on Julia Roberts coffin.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

about Julia Roberts

Just to clear the air...that story is based on the character Shelby being a Phi Mu and marrying a KA. If you look closely, you can see the composite and other Phi Mu stuff in her room, However, Julia Roberts was not made an honoray Phi Mu(confirmed by Nationals). Also, the author of the book is a Phi Mu
It really doesn't matter what organization you are(NPC, NPHC, IFc ETC ETC), as long as your happy and get what you want out of it! I'm proud of Phi Mu's heritage and proud to be one and ofcourse I have friends in THETA, Tri-Delt and Chi-O who think they made "better" choices but that's what they wanted to be. "No matter the letter, we are all greek together"
Old 02-18-2002, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

steel magnolias

I'm a little confused. Do you mean the author of steel magnolias is a phi mu? Steel Magnolias was a play written by Robert Harling, Shelbys (sorry, I dont know her real name) brother. Sorry if you were talking about something else. I got the collectors edition DVD of steel magnolias, so I have a lot of useless information!
Old 02-18-2002, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Right now I am a resident in Atkinson Hall, the ChiO house at William Woods university in Fulton, Mo.
Send a message via AIM to MidgetXO
I mean, I may be biased but Chi Omega is the largest female organization in the nation. At my university, Chi O and DG's are the most elite.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: steel magnolias

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandiDZ
I'm a little confused. Do you mean the author of steel magnolias is a phi mu? Steel Magnolias was a play written by Robert Harling, Shelbys (sorry, I dont know her real name) brother. Sorry if you were talking about something else. I got the collectors edition DVD of steel magnolias, so I have a lot of useless information!
Hey Brandi,

Whoops! My bad, I visited Phi Mu Nationals to get the scoop:
"Susan Harling, Kappa Iota Chapter, inspiration for the play and movie Steel Magnolias"
I guess she's not the author but a young women the plot was based on Sorry for the wrong info!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

It's ok! I have to find a place use all of this pointless information that I have!
Old 02-18-2002, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Midget: Exactly how many women are in the largest female organization in the nation?

Chi O was great at my school as well and overall I haven't heard many things to think otherwise.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

actually

not trying to start anything
But Chi Omega is the 2nd largest organization for women. The Girl Scouts are the 1st But first among greeks is correct I believe.

Last edited by PhiMuLady150; 02-19-2002 at 03:03 PM.