GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,485
1 members and 2,484 guests
g41965

Old 01-21-2002, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMichelle
Lightbulb Philanthropy Ideas

Hi Ladies,
This is ZTAMich...for some reason I can't post under that username and just figured getting a new one was easier than waiting for more help on it..Barb was great with her computer help!
Anyways, our Formal Recruitment is the 1-3 and we have half an hour on the 2nd to showcase Susan G. and promote breast cancer awareness...we usually do a craft of somesort but are running into a problem: we've done everything we can think of!!Painting Flowerpots to give to patients in the hospital, sachets for patients/survivors, postcard reminders to send to loved ones...if anyone has any easy, kinda cheap ideas it would soo much appreciated by your Kappa Iota sisters!
Thanks & ZL
Michelle
Old 01-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
What about using pink craft foam and ribbon to make holiday ornaments? You could use paint pens to write the name of a survivor on each ornament. These could be donated to a local cancer facility for use on their next holiday tree.

Barbara

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:40 PM

We paint water bottles and give them to the women who are running in Race For a Cure.
ZLAM,
ZTAngel
Old 01-26-2002, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

We paint water bottles too for the Race for the Cure in Nashville. I think our phil. chair is considering doing something different this semester, however. We did a service project today in which we made bunnies out of wash cloths (they're sooo cute!), but I'm not sure what we're going to do with them. Our Spring informal rush, by the way, is Feb 4th-8th. We're taking up to 10 new girls. Yay we might have almost 80 members soon! It will be so weird being on the other side of rush this semester, but fun I'm sure.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie
Do you have to do a craft? Or could you do something else to raise money?
We do a craft during the Philanthropy Round of rush, but we have another Philanthropy event we do annually. It's an all-male pageant (of sorts!) called Big Man on Campus, and last year it raised the most money of any other philanthropy! Through program ads, ticket sales, and outright donations, we raised over $15,000 for Susan G. Komen! This year's BMOC will be on March 12, if anyone's in the area. We always have SO much fun - standing room only. The guys' talents are hilarious; each sorority and fraternity usually sponsors one so it's a big competition to see who raises the most money and who wins. I'll let you guys know how it goes this year!
Old 02-02-2002, 05:51 PM

Our annual event is the same as BrownEyedGirl's except we call ours King of the Campus.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! We ended up doing a Valentine's Theme and making doorknob hangers from pre-cut craft foam and decorating with different foam hearts and puff paint. Our room was a SEA of shades of pink!! We just had Pref with 8 girls attending, quota is 8 so we're keeping our fingers crossed!!! Our Bid Party is @ 9...all 8 girls were awesome ones so we're just happy that we're getting quality girls and trying not to worry too much about quantity, which is hard with a TLC here!! Anyways...I'm so happy I have my sisters here online, our bond is so precious, I'm so glad I'm a part of it!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Hootie: I should have specified better what I was talking about but I really didn't have my head on straight with all the craziness going on around me. I was soo glad to get such great ideas! being at a small school w/ a small chapter it's nice to know what other places are doing, so any advice is good advice in my book!! When it comes to raising $ we usually do small fundraisers during the year and of course Don't Be a Fool in April...

BTW ladies...we added 7 wonderful sisters tonite to Kappa Iota and I couldn't be happier. Quota was 8 but we should pick up with CROWN we hope. My total exhaustion right now and the stupid things going on in my life both sorority and non sorority related are so minor really bc I am just SOOO happy and SOOO proud of all my sisters for showing Zeta to be so great.
I had to talk to our Greek Advisor about a rush infraction of another org and she said "well it is very noble of you all to behave so well and follow the rules" and I said "Well we are Zeta...we seek the noblest" oh and thanks for the Clemson hugs BrownEyedGirl, much apprecaited!!!

Before I ramble even more....I'll say a Zeta Goodnite to everyone!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:04 PM

Congratulations Michelle and to the rest of Kappa Iota. Your hard work paid off! I hope you all get Crown Chapter!
ZLAM, ZTAngel