GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,533
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, agregoradarky21
» Online Users: 1,609
2 members and 1,607 guests
MethrenLusia, Sarak24034

Old 05-16-2003, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to valpogal99 Send a message via Yahoo to valpogal99
Expansion

Great news ADPi's! We are expanding. Rockhurst University will have a colony chapter in the Fall of 2003! We will be the 3rd National Sorority on the campus (I think). There is already a local sorority that will be the first Alpha's of the campus. Great news for the First and Finest!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-17-2003, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

EXCELLENT NEWS! Thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop valpogal99! I adore hearing about expansion in general, but of course I especially love it when I learn that will be gaining more ADPi sisters at a new campus.
I wish Rockhurst the best of luck. By the way, where is Rockhurst U. located? Just wondering...
violets
Old 05-18-2003, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Yippee!!! I'm SO excited...I love seeing new chapters coming on the scene. I still remember when Valpo was the newest chapter (not so long ago!) and it's great to see more chapters developing elsewhere!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Quote:
Originally posted by violets
EXCELLENT NEWS! Thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop valpogal99! I adore hearing about expansion in general, but of course I especially love it when I learn that will be gaining more ADPi sisters at a new campus.
I wish Rockhurst the best of luck. By the way, where is Rockhurst U. located? Just wondering...
violets
Rockhurst University is a Jesuit university located in Kansas City, Missouri. Main campus is "just south of the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City's cultural and research district" and there's a south campus in SW KC. There are about 3000 students, with 70% undergrad and 30% in grad programs, with 700 residential students.

"At Rockhurst there are three nationally affiliated social fraternities for men: Alpha Delta Gamma, Pi Kappa Alpha, and Tau Kappa Epsilon. There are two nationally affiliated social sororities for women: Alpha Sigma Alpha and Zeta Tau Alpha." So there will be three and three. That'll be nice.

http://www.rockhurst.edu/About.shtml
Old 05-18-2003, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Other Colonies?

I've read on some other sites that there is also a colony at George Mason University. Just curious if Rockhurst will be Theta Alpha or Theta Beta. Anyone know?
Old 05-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

George Mason?!?!?!?!?!??!!

I know a legacy going there who just went AOPi, since there wasn't an ADPi!!! I hope her mother doesn't find out!!
Old 05-19-2003, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

George Mason Colony????

Yep, George Mason. Here's some of the sites the George Mason "colony" was listed on...

http://www.gettysburg.edu/college_li...20chapters.htm

http://raider.muc.edu/Organizations/ADP/Chapters.htm

http://groups.northwestern.edu/alpha...i/chapters.htm

It's on alot of chapter lists right after Eta Omega at Centre College. Didn't see any mention of it after doing a search on the George Mason site. Maybe it was a colony that failed Anyone have any info?
Old 05-19-2003, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to Alpha Delta Pi & Rockhurst University!!!! THis is exciting!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: George Mason Colony????

Quote:
Originally posted by PiInTheSky
Yep, George Mason. Here's some of the sites the George Mason "colony" was listed on...

It's on alot of chapter lists right after Eta Omega at Centre College. Didn't see any mention of it after doing a search on the George Mason site. Maybe it was a colony that failed Anyone have any info?
I couldn't find it when I went through the Student Organizations and found the list of Greek orgs there...there's only four sororities there. Maybe someone was misinformed? I never heard of a colony at George Mason through the website or the Adelphean.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, it sounds like Rockhurst is ready for another NPC chapter, so I hope the expansion goes really well. Are there any ADPis on the board who have worked with the expansion team, or were sisters in recently colonized chapters? I suppose all you Valpo sisters would be the most recent? That must be incredibly challenging and exciting. That's got to be an amazing area of ADPi volunteering. Knowing myself I would barely be able to eat or sleep I'd be so wrapped up in it...
violets
Old 05-28-2003, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to valpogal99 Send a message via Yahoo to valpogal99
I have volunteered to help out with the Rockhurst expansion and I was part of the Eta Psi (Valparaiso) colony. We also have a great Alumnae Association in the area. It helps that there will now be 4 colleges in the area with chapters (KU, UMKC, and William Jewell are the 3 already existing in the Kansas City, MO area). It provides a great support group for the expansion of ADPi in this area!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Re: Re: George Mason Colony????

Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi
I couldn't find it when I went through the Student Organizations and found the list of Greek orgs there...there's only four sororities there. Maybe someone was misinformed? I never heard of a colony at George Mason through the website or the Adelphean.
That "George Mason colony" was listed on greekzone or greeksource or wherever it was that I got the basis for my All Chapter List... back in *1999*!!! So no, they don't have a new colony.

If you email HQ, I bet they'll have info about a colony that was planned by never was installed or fully initiated at George Mason in the late 1990s. But no, it isn't "real".
Old 11-25-2003, 04:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Corsulian
The GMU.edu site is a poor place to find out what colonies and even full chapters are actually at George Mason University.

Last edited by Corsulian; 08-14-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Corsulian
The GMU.edu site is a poor place to find out what colonies and even full chapters are actually at George Mason University. There are different versions of each page that come up when you type up 'greek life' into the search engine, and none of them are very informative. I've tried to keep up with the links to the various IFC fraternities and Panhellenic Conference sororities here on this page: PiLambdaPhi'd: The IFC, etc
Thanks for the link! I found Molly, who I mentioned in my earlier post! She's towards the end of the Slide Show, a tall gorgeous blonde. Not that I'm prejudiced!
Old 12-12-2003, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Asking if anyone can shed light on this...

I received the chapter minutes from my chapter (as an alumna, I still like to know what's going on and see where I can help!), and one of the officers reported this:

"E.O. News-Colony at Rockford fell through, but new chapter at Florida Coast approved "

Jen, have you heard anything about this? I'm just wondering since I know that you're in the area there.

Thinking well wishes for ANY colony that is out there (be it an ADPi colony or another NPC/IFC/etc)