GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,586
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, AIHAnderso
» Online Users: 1,704
1 members and 1,703 guests
fmanning

Old 10-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, those in the know, but isn't it pretty common for colonies to take (absorb) all or part of local sororities?
That isn't the situation we are talking about. This is ONE WOMAN who resigned from her local group, which is apparently still going strong and has no desire to go national.

darjeeling - when colonizing teams come in they have to be very very careful of whom they choose because they want to start off on the right foot. The fact that you were "hyper-involved" and that everyone in the Greek system knows your name might not make the colony look good if they took you - especially if, as it seems, the local group rushes and is on the same council with the national groups. People would look at the colony as poaching members from other groups, or taking people who have broken their pledges to their groups, and their name would be mud before they even got started.

You can go to the colonizing meetings and check it out, but I would honestly be shocked if the colony took you.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
That isn't the situation we are talking about. This is ONE WOMAN who resigned from her local group, which is apparently still going strong and has no desire to go national.

darjeeling - when colonizing teams come in they have to be very very careful of whom they choose because they want to start off on the right foot. The fact that you were "hyper-involved" and that everyone in the Greek system knows your name might not make the colony look good if they took you - especially if, as it seems, the local group rushes and is on the same council with the national groups. People would look at the colony as poaching members from other groups, or taking people who have broken their pledges to their groups, and their name would be mud before they even got started.

You can go to the colonizing meetings and check it out, but I would honestly be shocked if the colony took you.
Right. I could MAYBE see a colony taking a girl who was a PLEDGE of a local or maybe even someone who was initiated for like, a semester. But not a heavily active local sorority member.

Lakers Nation.