GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,586
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, AIHAnderso
» Online Users: 2,109
0 members and 2,109 guests
No Members online

Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Wait a minute...

We've already had 3 imformal meetings and 1 Formal We used some ideas from the Delta Upsilon booklet that OTW posted. It went pretty good, but we'll get better the more we do it
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmanarmo View Post
We used some ideas from the Delta Upsilon booklet that OTW posted.
I smell SKEPi.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We've already had 3 imformal meetings and 1 Formal We used some ideas from the Delta Upsilon booklet that OTW posted. It went pretty good, but we'll get better the more we do it
Not trying to be snarky, but this is from the poster's website http://www.deltaphinu.tk/. Just an FYI to those of you who take advice at face value.

About Delta Phi Nu
In the Beginning:
Delta Phi Nu was established by Samantha Price-Rodrigues in the summer of 2008. As an 18 year old Sir Sandford
Fleming summer student she wanted a more social atmosphere to be around. With help from friends and classmates,
Delta Phi Nu was established May 14, 2008 after a successful first meeting

Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
Not trying to be snarky, but this is from the poster's website http://www.deltaphinu.tk/. Just an FYI to those of you who take advice at face value.

About Delta Phi Nu
In the Beginning:
Delta Phi Nu was established by Samantha Price-Rodrigues in the summer of 2008. As an 18 year old Sir Sandford
Fleming summer student she wanted a more social atmosphere to be around. With help from friends and classmates,
Delta Phi Nu was established May 14, 2008 after a successful first meeting

The summer of 2008 hasn't happened yet.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I smell SKEPi.
SKEPi? <- What's that??? And I've already started a previous post asking for help with my website. It's a brand new sorority, a brand new website. I'M NEW AT THIS! It's really getting to me, all of the mean comments .... I've been working SO hard on this sorority and I feel like I'm getting beat down every time I come on this forum. The comments don't have to be so demeaning. I've never been in a sorority, I don't know any girl friends who have. Me and the girls are doing this from scratch, with little information. Those on here who have helped, thank you. But those who keep nit picking, are seriously starting to get under my skin. I don't want to be on bad terms with anyone on here. I'm doing my best. If you have ADVICE go ahead, I would love that, pos or neg. But insulting me, and starting arguments on my posts. It makes me feel insulted and sad.

Last edited by Silmanarmo; 05-29-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The summer of 2008 hasn't happened yet.
Thanks, I didn't know the wording meant that :S I'll just change it to the exact date
Old 05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
SKEPi? <- What's that??? And I've already started a previous post asking for help with my website. It's a brand new sorority, a brand new website. I'M NEW AT THIS! It's really getting to me, all of the mean comments .... I've been working SO hard on this sorority and I feel like I'm getting beat down every time I come on this forum. The comments don't have to be so demeaning. I've never been in a sorority, I don't know any girl friends who have. Me and the girls are doing this from scratch, with little information. Those on here who have helped, thank you. But those who keep nit picking, are seriously starting to get under my skin. I don't want to be on bad terms with anyone on here. I'm doing my best. If you have ADVICE go ahead, I would love that, pos or neg. But insulting me, and starting arguments on my posts. It makes me feel insulted and sad.
You're going to need a thicker skin, dear. If you can't put up with the criticism on a message board, then how are you going to deal with people who may put you down on campus? Potential members can smell weak leadership from a mile away.

You say that you've been working so hard with this sorority, but have you really? Try and read the 'Rush at UCSC' thread. Based on the typos and grammatical errors on your website, it really just seems like you slapped some colors and slogans together and did a shoddy job with the crest (see my heraldry comment in your other thread).

Face it, you came here promoting your sorority while bad mouthing the other sorority on campus. Who wants to join a sorority with a founder who does that?

So don't blame us for making you feel insulted and sad. You choose to feel that way.

If you want sunshine blown up the ass...there's another site for that.

And yes, 33, I do smell SKEPi as well. It's cristinasmile version 3.0.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I've never been in a sorority, I don't know any girl friends who have. Me and the girls are doing this from scratch, with little information.
Never having been in a sorority has nothing to do with using proper grammar and spelling. You're not sending a text message, you're creating what is the first impression anyone will have of your sorority. Take some care with it, and if you're not sure if something is correct, SPELL CHECK AND GRAMMAR CHECK. Do that even if you ARE sure everything is correct.

Sorry, but between you and the guy who goes to "skool" I've come to the conclusion that we should get rid of the written word altogether and go back to pictures if today's students can't use it properly.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Unregistered-

The same should apply to PMs as well, IMO.

Quote:
Never having been in a sorority has nothing to do with using proper grammar and spelling. You're not sending a text message, you're creating what is the first impression anyone will have of your sorority. Take some care with it, and if you're not sure if something is correct, SPELL CHECK AND GRAMMAR CHECK. Do that even if you ARE sure everything is correct.

Sorry, but between you and the guy who goes to "skool" I've come to the conclusion that we should get rid of the written word altogether and go back to pictures if today's students can't use it properly.
Quote:
Hey OTW, What is your problem with me? And YES I hvae been working really hard. I do appreciate the great advice that you have given me. But unfortunatly you've rubbed off as a stuck up b*tch to me. And I KNOW that's probably not the truth because computers and writeing on threads can mix up sarcasim with hatred. Anyhow, I don't hate you. But your not make my sorority experience any nicer. If we ever meet in person I really hope it's not as negative as what has been shown to me on this forum. As for my grammer... yes ... it sucks! It suck monkey balls to be exact lmao! But this is a "forum". I would prefer to base my likeing or disslike of a person on their personallity, not their grammer skills. Take care, and please don't take it personally.

Silmanarmo
Old 05-29-2008, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

You're a stuck up bitch. But don't take it personally.

LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 05:24 PM

When did "forum" become code for "type with your feet and blindfolded"?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ I've been wondering that myself.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
When did "forum" become code for "type with your feet and blindfolded"?
I guess that texting and typing on the computer has unfortunately started a lot of bad spelling habits. It's to bad they don't have a rehab program for spellers like me. It's such a hard habit to get out of.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

AhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Rituals are a tradition for a reason. You should always do them.