GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,533
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, agregoradarky21
» Online Users: 1,604
0 members and 1,604 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2005, 03:03 PM

Any updates with anyone???

I know most of us dont know each other at all or only on here, but in the spirit of sisterhood I would like to ask again if anyone had any new updates they would like to share???

With me in the past few months, I have met my soul mate and got engaged, and set our date for May 13, 2006 because we want a spring wedding and thought having it the day before mother's day would be a nice gift to our mothers. I'm also planning my wedding with Theta in mind--my theta bridesmaids will have black and gold ribbons on their bouquets, and I'll have pansies in my bouquets and arrangements and have the menu decorated with a pansy on top, and edible pansies on my cake and in the salads. I'll also be a step mom of three(two boys and a girl ages 13, 8, and 7). I'm already grooming Kelsy for Theta

Anywho--- I was accepted into the nursing program at my school for clinical rotations I'm excited but very nervous about clinicals as I start my first one next week in acute care!

My Theta family and myself have decided that life is too short to let pettiness get in the way of friendship so we have all mended our ways (and cried with each other and told each other how much we missed each other) and are best buddies again. In fact my big sis, my lil sis, my grand lil, and my grand big will all be bridesmaids in my wedding I'm also going to ask them if they will sing "Theta Love" either at the reception or put that into the wedding somehow. I'm having my little read my favorite Bible scripture at the wedding .

Also in Theta news I have volunteered myself to be Permanent Alumnae Secretary for our Nu chapter at Hanover College in addition to my corresponding secretary duties in my local alumnae chapter.

Does anyone have anything going on in their lives they would like to share?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Many many congratulations Mary! That sounds like a SUPERTHETA wedding you have planned!

I also just got engaged (yay!) in October, and will be getting married... in October of this year (eek!). I will ALSO be a stepmom, but no instant legacies for me, just one fantastic but hyper 8 year old boy. Plus, I bought a house. Now I'm super poor, but still proud

Thetaland is quiet but happy as usual, the local alumnae chapter is going strong and our new website is quite popular, apparently. I got named Theta of the Month the month it went up, so I'm pretty proud.

Ok, that's my eensy update. Anyone else?

~G
Old 01-21-2005, 03:25 PM

My future 7 year old, Charlie, is super hyper..........he and Kelsy are actually best friends and when t hey play together have a tendency to both be hyper and like to run around and scream like maniacs

hahah
Old 01-22-2005, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Nothing really new from me in Texas... just hard work & lots of volunteering to help dogs & cats. We are fostering 2 border collies that are about to drive me out of my mind!

Mary, another lovely Theta tradition that I am familiar with is placing a kite charm on a silver thread into your wedding bouquet. Some chapters actually have a wedding kite that is passed from bride to bride & returned to the chapter between weddings. My chapter didn't have one, so I bought one to use then donate. Unfortunately my wedding bouquet with the kite was stolen after the reception by NCAA cheerleaders that were staying at the hotel

Maybe you could start your chapter's wedding kite?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
Congrats Mary!!!!

Another wedding thought. Many brides have a horseshoe embrodered on their dress or veil for good luck. You could have a kite put on there instead.

THings in my end of the world are fantastic. I am not engaged (yet!) however I do know it is coming very soon. I met the love of my life in March during an Alternative Spring Break trip to Augusta Georgia while working for Habitat for Humanity. We have a close bond and it is wonderful to know the wedding will be in the next two years.

I am getting ready to graduate with my masters degree in educational leadership. I have just begun the job search, as i graduate in may. eek. Right now I am working in Greek Life as my internship and it is an amazing experience.

All very exciting but sometimes stressful!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thetalady
Nothing really new from me in Texas... just hard work & lots of volunteering to help dogs & cats. We are fostering 2 border collies that are about to drive me out of my mind!

Mary, another lovely Theta tradition that I am familiar with is placing a kite charm on a silver thread into your wedding bouquet. Some chapters actually have a wedding kite that is passed from bride to bride & returned to the chapter between weddings. My chapter didn't have one, so I bought one to use then donate. Unfortunately my wedding bouquet with the kite was stolen after the reception by NCAA cheerleaders that were staying at the hotel

Maybe you could start your chapter's wedding kite?
I might do this! I actually am looking into those boxes people can get to preserve their bridal bouquets forever. They just have to come to the reception fairly quickly to get it while it's in good condition for preservation. I hear they are about $150 bucks but I think it'd be worth it and neat to do.......along with my chocolate fountain :P
Old 01-22-2005, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to all of you on exciting life developments!

My life is quiet, right now. I've been taking care of my sick little boy this week (baby sister had it last week, he and Daddy got it the same day). I hope none of you have been sick with this bug - it's an awful one! I think he's through the worst of it, but he can't quite shake it. We've been to the doctor's office and/or clinic 4 times since Monday! It stinks watching your little guy be so uncomfortable and not being able to do anything to help him.

On a happier note: assuming I don't get sick too, I'll spend the next week making the desserts for Eta Lambda/Santa Clara's Pref Night! It's a favorite project of mine, and I haven't been able to help them so far this year, so I'm excited to do it. Also hoping to attend one of the Pref Parties (haven't seen one in years).