GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 1,669
0 members and 1,669 guests
No Members online

Old 06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

neonsparkles, you sound like you have the perfect attitude Good luck, and I hope you find your home
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2004, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

neonsparkles, i rushed my sophmore year also and it was the best decision i could have made! i was more mature and made better choices. It think it also caused me to appreciate my sisters even more, since I experienced college without them first. Anyways, you have a great attitude and I wish you the best of luck! What school are you rushing at? I understand if you don't want to say; I didn't reveal my school on GC till after rush was over. My advice: I would get recs for as many houses as you can, even if you were told they are only used for legacies. When it comes to rush, I almost don't think there is such a thing as being over-prepared.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by deadbear80
3 of my cousins are all going to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. It's a funny thing with my family since they're all the same age--but none of them are siblings 1 is a guy and 2 are girls. I don't think any of them have decided completely on whether or not they'll rush. I have a feeling one of the girls will--not so sure about the other 2...but I'm crossing my fingers. None of them are legacies (since the only one with a greek sibling is one of the girls--and it's her brother who's greek). Kinda hoping one of them will go DG; but I'm not forcing the issue with them.
*Keeping my fingers crossed they'll all go through*
hey my friend was a Sammy at Wash u!

and you have a family member rushing at Michigan?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Beachgal-
I'm not going to say where I'm rushing until afterwards just because I have heard all kinds of things could happen, and I would hate for that to have a reason I didn't get a bid!! I will post afterwards though and let everyone know what happen though so don't worry!
I have been getting recs so hopefully those will help!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally posted by Designergal3
hey my friend was a Sammy at Wash u!

and you have a family member rushing at Michigan?
Yes M'am. My nephew will be a freshman this year and really wants to rush. I have a cousin up there currently who's a junior in ZBT. My nephew is a legacy (via his grandfather and father) to 2 houses there, but I have a feeling he won't join either. Not surprising; most people in my family have not joined the same house. My house really bleeds Maize and Blue--my mother, father, and one brother (plus my cousin and now nephew) are all Wolverines. I got in, but decided a smaller school was better for me.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:52 AM
GreekChat Member

hey way cool!

I think he'll find the perfect house for him at UMich. There are SO many fraternities that it is really easy for guys to find at least a FEW houses that they fit into!

Plus, Umich has been recolonizing at least 3 new fraternities every year so he might find that he's got what it takes to build a new house! Off hand I can tell you that DKE, FIJI, PhiDelts are just 3 among the 10 or so that have recolonized in the last few years and are doing incredibly well.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXGidget
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to all you ladies for helping me make the decision to rush last fall. There is some great advice to be found here. I didn't post my results then (I'm sorry!) but thanks to all the encouragement I recieved here I am happy to say I am now an Alpha Chi! Good luck to everyone going through this fall!
Old 07-09-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nolesaw
Have a cousin who will be a frshman at University of Kentucky.....she is a KD legacy and an Alpha GAm relative. Anyone have any rush info about UK I can pass along to her??? It has been a while since I even thought about rush! It's ben fun reading up on all the Alpha Gams' though!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nolesaw
Have a cousin who will be a frshman at University of Kentucky.....she is a KD legacy and an Alpha Gam relative. Anyone have any rush info about UK I can pass along to her??? It has been a while since I even thought about rush! It's ben fun reading up on all the Alpha Gams' though!
My friends are KDs at UK! I haven't talked to them much lately since we're different colleges. Anyway, all of the KDs I've talked to love it and they're great girls.

I also went to Governor's School with an Alpha Gam and she really enjoys it.

I've heard so many good things about UK sororities, so wherever she ends up she'll be with wonderful girls! Oh and for rush they send a huge booklet, I remember looking through my friends', but I'm not sure what all it talked about. I think it's online, too.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone-

I'll be going through recruitment this fall at a large-sized southern school (I'd rather not say which one right now!). I'm an incoming freshman and I am VERY excited! I'm the first one in my family to go through recruitment so any advice you ladies have would be really appreciated! I have to say that GC has been soooo incredibly helpful thus far.

-Alexandra
Old 07-16-2004, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on the big decision!! Have fun!

Are their a lot of groups to choose from at your school?

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 07-16-2004, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

There are a lot of GLOs at the school I'm going to. I'm really looking forward to visiting all of the houses and meeting everyone! I am a little nervous but my excitement definitely overrides any nerves
Old 07-18-2004, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone! Just to let you all know, I'll be rushing at UF in the fall.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshinesmiles
Hey everyone! Just to let you all know, I'll be rushing at UF in the fall.

yay! another UF!! so exciting!! good luck
Old 07-19-2004, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

twin cousins

I have cousins (a set of twins, both girls) whom I used to babysit that will be rushing at Univ of North Alabama this year. I'm trying to encourage them to follow thier heart, but I secretly do hope they pick Alpha Gam. The choices they have are:

*ADP
*AGD
*FM
*ZTA