GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 1,794
0 members and 1,794 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2004, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool KurtBuschFan's Rush Thread

I've been lurking on the boards for awhile now, and decided to post my rush story. My rush begins on Saturday. I will be using the nicknames as follows for the sororities on my campus:

Columbia
Discovery
Atlantis
Challenger
Endeavour
Enterprise
Explorer
NASA

As you can probably tell, I'm using a NASA theme, in honor of the Space Crew of the Columbia. All of the names listed above, besides NASA and Explorer are the names of all of the Space Shuttles ever created by NASA.

Ok enough of my babble about my nicknames!

I will update you all as I can, there should not be an update until Sunday however, since rush doesn't start until Saturday!

KurtBuschFan
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2004, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

have a great recruitment!!!! best of luck toyou!
Old 08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
GreekChat Member

sounds terrific...
get ready to have a ball, keep smiling and see what develops.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:40 AM

ummmm....

Who's Kurt Busch?
Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
He's a race car driver...my mom loves that Nascar stuff
Old 08-20-2004, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Kurt Busch is a rece car driver from Las Vegas, he went to my high school.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck to you during Rush. Have a great time!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck this weekend!
Old 08-20-2004, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twhrider13
Good luck to you! Even if you are a Kurt Busch fan...

(Jr. all the way for me!)
Old 08-20-2004, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Have a blast during recruitment! I can't wait to see how things turn out for you!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I decided to post today before I leave to go to rush this morning! Things are going well, I feel good today, but not cocky! This is probably for the best. I know that I have the chance to get cut from all chapters, however, I also know that I could get kept by several. I'm going in with an open mind, and an open heart and am out to enjoy myself. I'll post an update as to how I feel today went tonight when I get in, and then tomorrow when I get my invites/cuts back. Talk to you all soon!

KurtBuschFan
Old 08-21-2004, 01:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Knock 'em dead honey! I love your choice of names
Old 08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Good luck! I lvoe your attidue about being cut, I'm sure you will be fine and remember, enjoy yourself!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-21-2004, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Day 1

Well, day one is over for me! It feels good to be sitting down without my sandals on! My feet are killing me! Anyway, I promised to write about today's experience when I got home, so here I go!

Columbia -- This has to be my one of my top favorites. The girls were so sweet and kind, but I know that my GPA is about a eighth of a point too low, so I will probably get cut, but a girl can hope!
Discovery -- This is also one of my top favorites. The girls were awesome, and so sweet. Plus, I already have several friends in this group. I also know that while grades are obviously important to them, I still have a chance, as they are more likely to give me a chance over most of the groups!
Atlantis -- My other top favorite group, these are great girls, and I have so much in common with many of them. I could be totally be happy here, but I kinda got different answers about their GPA requirement, so I'm not sure where I stand with these girls.
Challenger -- This group of girls were really sweet and I had some friends in here too. I really had a great time with them, and could see myself here, but due to circumstances beyond their control, their grade requirements have changed and I don't really know where I stand here either.
Endeavour -- These girls were wonderful, and so sweet, but I kinda felt out of place. I would not be against going back and taking another shot at it however, because they were my party right after dinner, so I think possibly that had something to do with it!
Enterprise -- These girls were really sweet, and had some girls who were really interesting. I did talk to the president of this group and she was wonderful. When I said I had a minor in political science, they started getting on politic topics so I'm not sure where I stand here either, either by the conversation or in my GPA, as they would not give me a straight answer as to what their requirement is. I would not be adverse about going back however, as they were great girls.
Explorer -- My second to least favorite. The girls were really sweet, but all seemed to be too much alike. Also, they didn't even have a clue as to what their GPA requirement is, and their guesses were above the GPA that I have, so I won't be too hurt if I'm cut. I did have good conversations with the girls, even though it was my last party of the night.
NASA -- My least favorite group, I didn't really feel comfortable with the girls, plus I know my GPA is too low, so I know I will most likely get cut, and I'm honestly not that torn up about it!

Overall the day wasn't bad, I had a good time and met a lot of great girls. But I have to look at it in a way, that I have done everything I can reasonably do with my grades and to show who I am, so now I can only wait and see, and keep in mind that it's not the end of the world.

I will know tomorrow between 10 and 10:30 what my outcome is for tomorrow's round, so I'll post when I find out! Talk to you all then!

KurtBuschFan
Old 08-21-2004, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck to you...