GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,484
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, zahaleycahsoz48
» Online Users: 2,434
1 members and 2,433 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 08-23-2001, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Anyone else dealing with a LD relationship??

I will be going away this fall to Lake superior state university and i will be rushing..but i already have a ld relationship with my bf and now that i will be experiencing a bunch of new guys and i will be on my own i am scared the trust factor is going to come into play big time this year...is there anyone out there who can give me a few pointers....Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-23-2001, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Experienced the same situation here. My best advice is break up with him if you are even questioning the trust issue. I don't want to sound harsh or anything like that, but if you have to question trusting yourself, should you even be in a relatiionship? I asked myself the same question. If you two are meant to be together, you will eventually realize it, and become one again. That also happened to me, but now I've been on and off with the girl a gizillion times. That's just my advice. If you plan on rushing, there will be temptation, parties, other greeks, it gets hard to restrain yourself. Well, I experienced some difficulty
It also depends on how far you two are going to be from eachother, the further you are, the less likely you are to see eachother (not always, but usually).
Old 08-23-2001, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Just save yourself some heartache and end it on good terms. IMO people who try and hold on to high school relationships (especially long distance ones) tend to exclude themselves a lot and miss out on some great opportunities.
Old 08-23-2001, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in a long distance relationship right now too, and it's not the easiest thing in the world, but we make it work and are as happy as we can be. But I think kevlar might be right in that it's hard to keep a relationship that started in high school going once you go off to college. I know that for me, I went through a lot of changes in my first year of college. And as a result of those changes, my high school bf and I didn't last. You're going to have so much to do and you're probably going to change a lot, so maybe it would be best to go ahead and end things on good terms if you're feeling like you might think that would be a good idea... and it seems as though you think it would be.
Old 08-23-2001, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SSS1365
I'm in a long distance relationship right now too, and it's not the easiest thing in the world, but we make it work and are as happy as we can be. But I think kevlar might be right in that it's hard to keep a relationship that started in high school going once you go off to college. I know that for me, I went through a lot of changes in my first year of college. And as a result of those changes, my high school bf and I didn't last. You're going to have so much to do and you're probably going to change a lot, so maybe it would be best to go ahead and end things on good terms if you're feeling like you might think that would be a good idea... and it seems as though you think it would be.
I asked for advice and i sure got some..and its all makn me a bit sad i really am not ready to end my relationship,,,but thanks anyways i will be on the look out for a few of the signs u guys have mentioned...thanks
Old 08-23-2001, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Well don't break up with him if you don't want to! I'm sure it's different for everyone, and maybe it will work just fine for you two. I'm sorry if we upset you... I was just trying to warn you that people change when they go to school, so don't be surprised if it happens. But just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it can't work for you. Good luck And by the way, I feel your pain on the LD relationship thing... it's hard but it's worth it!
Old 08-23-2001, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GmuTeke
When I went off to college my hs sweetheart and I ended it-sorta. We said we would call it quits and then see how things worked out. We made a date for thanksgiving break to see each other again and if we still had feelings for each other.

We eventually ended up back together (and breaking up later for other reasons, but that's beside the point), but we had a semester to explore, to feel out the local crowd, and to be alone. When we dediced to hook up again, it was without regret or stifling, and niether of us felt like we were missing anything at our old schools.