GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 2,404
0 members and 2,404 guests
No Members online

Old 05-16-2001, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Have you ever met anyone famous???

Hi!

I was shopping once near closing time at an upscale mall, and saw STEVE YOUNG!!!!!!!!! At first I wasn't sure it was him--I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, b/c he was wearing a hat down low over his eyes, so I thought maybe it's not him. When I finally convinced myself it was him, I kinda freaked, and was all excited. Well, I finally got the nerve to approach him (he was with his then-fiance, who is very nice and beautiful BTW), and he was sooooo nice! I decided not to ask for an autograph, but just decided to say hi. He was a total nice guy. I happened to have an instant camera w/me that day--so I asked to take a pic with him .

It's so wonderful when famous people, esp. pro-athletes, who sometimes get a bad rep, are so nice and warm!

I also met some Giants baseball players a few years back . I was so excited! I love my Giants (have a crush on some of them )! But I only got to talk to them for about a minute--the game was about to start. I did get one autograph and a BAT from a player!!

Share your stories!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2001, 11:29 PM

Hey Newbie! This is a fun thread

When I did agency public relations in the early 90's, one my responsibilities was working the media table at events to which celebrities had been invited. Plus, celebrities were often spokespersons for some of the companies we represented. Some of the people I got to meet include Dana Carvey, Ellen DeGeneres, Brooke Shields (so beautiful and so sweet!), Jon Cryer ("Duckie" from "Pretty in Pink" for you 80's people), John Lee Hooker, Hulk Hogan, Mark Messier, Wayne Gretzky, Janet Jones, Jamie Lee Curtis and Matthew Broderick.

Now, let me clarify...when I say I met them it doesn't mean they looked at me and said, "Hey, PR girl, let's meet for coffee this week!". It was more like I was either trying to corner them so that the newspaper people could talk to them or snap their picture with one of my clients or they were asking me if I could scare up some Pellegrino for them to drink because they just couldn't stomach the Perrier water that was provided.

Oh, and Sherry Stringfield, formerly of ER lived somewhere on my block. She was on the soap "Guiding Light" at the time and I would see her fairly often grocery shopping at Food Emporium

------------------
~@~Tracy~@~
Proud to be a Delta-Z
Old 05-17-2001, 01:28 AM
Unregistered-

Cool

How ironic that this question is asked...four days after I met the legendary DON HO. I ate at his restaurant last Saturday night and in my dining party was former American Olympic boxer Brian Viloria (he's now a pro). Mr. Ho came over to shake Brian's hand and wish him luck for his upcoming bout and Brian introduced all of us and dinner was on the house.

I've met Mark Paul Gosselaar at a Trade Show, Mario Lopez at a Food Festival, taken pictures with Steven Tyler & Joe Perry (Aerosmith) at the airport, Danielle Fishel (Topanga on Boy Meets World) at a tattoo/piercing parlor (she was getting her navel pierced, me-my nose), Malik Yoba at the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas, and my all time fav encounter--Lance Bass and JC Chasez at Studio 54 (also in Las Vegas)!!!

Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, and Cuba Gooding Jr. are all staying at the hotel my mom works at and I'm hoping that I can get a chance to meet them while they're down here for the world premiere of PH.

------------------
"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame."--Dante

Visit Alpha Gamma Delta-Delta Sigma chapter and help some sisters out!
Old 05-17-2001, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

A few. Megan Mullaly is on a TV show called Will and Grace, she and I went to high school together in OKC. I was class of '75, she was '77 or '78. The whole high school only had about 300 kids so it was hard not to know everyone.

Rex Linn and I were friends in high school, both class of '75. Rex played a DC cop with Harrison Ford in Clear and Present Danger, he played a Secret Service agent with Sylvester Stallone and John Lithgow in Cliffhanger, he played an FBI agent in Rush Hour with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, he played the cop in Breakdown with Curt Russell, and a bunch of other stuff. http://www.rexlinn.com/ is his site.

We also had Ed Gaylord in our class. Ed now the president of the company that his dad owns. They own Opryland, the Opryland Hotel, Mall, Country Music Television, and just sold TNN to Westinghouse for $1.5 billion in Westinghouse stock. He also owns the Oklahoma Publishing Company as well as various radio and TV stations.

Jay Bernstein is another graduate though he would not remember me. I think he was class of 1969. He is a Hollywood agent and is credited for discovering Farah Fawcett.

Hunt Lowery was class of '73 and is a movie producer. He worked with the Zuckers on Top Secret with Val Kilmer and most recently with Disney's The Kid with Bruce Willis.

Jim Bullock is a friend of mine, my ex-wife and he were in college together and did plays together. Jim's name is Jm. J. Bullock and was in ALF, Too Close for Comfort, was a regular on Hollywood Squares, and had a talk show called Jimmy J. and Tammy Faye.

Al Baz is the name of a shuttle on Star Trek, it is named for the uncle of a girlfriend of mine. Some info about him http://www.cairotimes.com/content/people/bazres.html

I guess Al Baz is pushing it so I will leave out the politicians and other govt figures. I have a half brother who use to do concert promotion and I was able to meet some of the rock groups that came to town.

Old 05-17-2001, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

The closest I ever got to meeting anyone famous was when I was at a mall in Fairfax (near DC) and Norv Turner (ex-coach of the Redskins) almost ran me over with his SUV in the parking lot. I almost wish he had hit me. Then I could have sued the pants off of him!
Old 05-17-2001, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so jealous! I love Bon Jovi!
Old 05-17-2001, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Right after I broke my knee in Malibu, my mother left my ass on a bench and chased after Denzel Washington and Lawrence Fishburne (they were walking togeher)! Thanks mom!!!

Otherwise, I haven't met any personally!
Old 05-17-2001, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
I recently had a great fortune:
My chapter works a Derby party every year
co-hosted by a local wealthy Sigma Chi
and one of the two original Doublemint Twins,
Mrs. Barnstable-Brown. Each year tons of
celebrities come. I had the fortune to hug
in pictures the following:

Bo Derek
Courteney Cox
Ann Heche
(who immeadiately after claimed to be bi-sexual,
no longer 100% lesbian - coincidence, I think not)
and also Joan Collins

I assisted Patricia Arquette out of her car
and shook hands with Kid Rock who was there
with Pamela Anderson (very trashy)

Also at the party was:
Molly Sims
Rosanne Barr
Warren Moon
Meatloaf
Rick Pitino
Stone Phillips

so it was cool seeing all these people
in one setting

Also when my sister went to college at UofKentucky
she dated a basketball player
and often times double-dated with Jamal Mashburn and his girlfriend

which he is quite famous now

Old 05-17-2001, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Amycat,

What do you do in Hollywood?

anyways:

I went to a 98 degrees concert, had front row seats and Jeff kneeled down and kissed my hand oooooooh heaven!

Old 05-17-2001, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

i've met comedian joe coy, comedienne sommore, one half of the production team, the neptunes, 3T (michael jackson's nephews), digital underground, rappers devin the dude and big pokey (southern thang)
Old 05-17-2001, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CRMSNTiDEGRL717
ok, ive never met anyone personally, but i wanted to join in! I was at the beach one time and saw an exact look-alike of Ian Zerring(SP?) well it wasnt him. And one of my moms really close friends son is a writer for the simpsons.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Ohhhhh...you guys are SOOOOO lucky!!! I"m so envious .

KillarneyRose, you're so lucky!! That is certainly an impressive list...I have never seen so many celebs before! The only celebs that I have seen...Robin Williams (who lives in my city), and the rest of the Giants baseball team, LOL . And the ones I've met--I mentioned in my first post! I hope one day that I can see/meet Sharon Stone and Winona Ryder (Sharon Stone lives in my city, and Winona frequently visits, supposedly.)!

OTW, if you really do get to meet Ben Affleck, WOW....I will be so envious!! , but you will have to tell us afterward the details!

SigmaChiCard--do you go to the U of Kentucky? My uncle is a prof there, I don't know what class(es) he teaches there, but I do know it has to do with Pre-med. ALSO--I was watching the college b-ball March Madness Tourney in March....and do you know the guy who wears number 4 for your b-ball team (that is, if you go to the U of K)? I forgot his name--but he seems like such a hottie! I think he is a sophomore? He's hella cute .

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited May 17, 2001).]
Old 05-17-2001, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Talking

Hey SigmaChiCard! The Barnstable twins are Pi Phis from UK--I remember an article about it in the Arrow many years ago!
Old 05-17-2001, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Talking

Let's see... I met 'Alice' from the Brady Bunch and (here's one for you oldies) the Lennon Sisters. When I was in college, I met a bunch of celebrities who came to Auburn but darned if I remember who without looking in the yearbook. Oh yeah, and I met Miss Lillian Carter at Miss. State.

[This message has been edited by carnation (edited May 18, 2001).]
Old 05-17-2001, 11:38 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation:
Let's see... I met 'Alice' from the Brady Bunch
Whoa...you met Ann B. Nelson! No sarcasm there Can, I'm a Brady Bunch freak (even though the show ended before I was born). Ask me any question about the show and I'll probably be able to answer it .