GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,485
1 members and 1,484 guests
No Members online

Old 03-05-2004, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Where would u like to see ADPi re/colonize?

Where would you like to see ADPi colonize/recolonize?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-05-2004, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Kent State University, Ohio State, and Bowling Green State University....allllll in Ohio!!
Old 03-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

With all the talk about Ole Miss, I'd love to see Alpha Delta Pi recolonize there - but they have to do it RIGHT this time!! I was stunned to see the modern house that they used to have - the whole Ole Miss scene is too antebellum for anything but colonial styling. That said, if they can't do it right, I'd rather they didn't try.
If I'm reading GreekChat correctly, it seems that ADPi is presenting at a lot of places, but doesn't get picked. That needs to be investigated and/or completely overhauled prior to really working on colonization!

Same thing with LSU.

I'd like to see Wake Forest recolonized, and I'd like to see some of the struggling chapters consider a recolonization. Yes, it hurts - but not as much as losing a chapter completely!

I don't know the whole story behind Bowling Green and Ohio State, but in about 5 years, I think they could both be ready. The time factor isn't quite as important in the North as the South.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
I would like to see us colonize at Stanford... I think it is sad that the only Bay Area chapter we have now is at UC Berkeley... Also it would be right back home for me... Oh and on top of that there is a great Ronald McDonald house there that could always use more help... Since the area is so expensive in general people have no chance of staying with their children in a hotel... So the RMH is of great help...
Old 03-06-2004, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Somewhere in Colorado! I know there were chapters at CU- Boulder and UNC- Greeley. It would be nice to have a chapter near where I grew up . Then I could convince my mom to "adopt" the girls and get her involved as an alumnae initiate. THAT would be a wonderful way to share ADPi with her!
Old 03-06-2004, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
If I'm reading GreekChat correctly, it seems that ADPi is presenting at a lot of places, but doesn't get picked. That needs to be investigated and/or completely overhauled prior to really working on colonization!
Really? From what I've read over the past year or so, it seems like most of the places expanding already have ADPi or have recently lost a chapter. I keep looking for expansion threads that mention ADPi being asked to present, and I don't see our name listed.

OTOH, I always see us posting about where we wish we could expand or recolonize...

Where do we have expansion/recolonization going on other than at Wake Forest? (And how's that going, if anyone knows?)
Old 03-06-2004, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to see us recolonize at LSU and at SMU. Our chapter at SMU has produced several International Officers and must have been at one time a very strong chapter. I'm not sure how long it has been gone and don't know if it has been gone long enough to start thinking of getting it up and going again. I would say more about re/colonization of chapters and I have stronger opinions, but my mama taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say, not to say it at all!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I would also have to agree and say Ole Miss. Everything I have read (via gc) has said positive things about Ole Miss Greek life, except that it is highly competitive (which actually makes me wonder how and why the chapter closed if Greek life is so competitive).

Other than that I would just say more chapters on the west coast. I'm looking at my Alpha book and I have a map of all the chapters (it's from 1997), I realize that some of these chapters have closed and other ones have opened, so numbers I give are average.

But there are about 84 chapters on the east coast. I am looking at states east of the Mississippi River. The mid-west (ND, MN, SD, IA, NE, KS, MO, OK, TX, AR, LA, plus Canada) has about 38 chapters. While the west coast (WA, MT, ID, OR, WY, CA, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM plus Canada) has only about 15 chapters.

So I would love to see the following chapters reopened:

Alpha Lambda (University of Oregon)
Alpha Omega (Oregon State University)
Beta Mu (Montana State University)
Beta Xi (University of Montana)
Beta Gamma (University of Utah)
Alpha Alpha (University of Colorado)
Alpha Nu (University of New Mexico)
Delta Psi (East New Mexico University)

Plus, I would love to see schools in Idaho and Wyoming gain chapters. Also more chapters in WA, CO, OR and CA.

(I obviously don't know the reasons behind these chapters closing or why the other states have or haven't been considered for colonization, it's just what I would like to see).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

I want y'all to go back to Mississippi State!
Old 03-07-2004, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
But there are about 84 chapters on the east coast. I am looking at states east of the Mississippi River. The mid-west (ND, MN, SD, IA, NE, KS, MO, OK, TX, AR, LA, plus Canada) has about 38 chapters. While the west coast (WA, MT, ID, OR, WY, CA, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM plus Canada) has only about 15 chapters.
Do not forget about Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, etc....we are considered Mid-West!!
Old 03-07-2004, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

U of Miami (Florida)

Last edited by adpiucf; 03-07-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
I want y'all to go back to Mississippi State!
Hmm.... Could one of the "Carnation Nation" daughters be considering Mississippi State?
Old 03-07-2004, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiAkron
Do not forget about Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, etc....we are considered Mid-West!!
I counted them as states east of the Mississippi River. It eas easier to count them that way.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Hmm.... Could one of the "Carnation Nation" daughters be considering Mississippi State?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
So I would love to see the following chapters reopened:

Alpha Lambda (University of Oregon)
Alpha Omega (Oregon State University)
Beta Mu (Montana State University)
Beta Xi (University of Montana)
Beta Gamma (University of Utah)
Alpha Alpha (University of Colorado)
Alpha Nu (University of New Mexico)
Delta Psi (East New Mexico University)

Plus, I would love to see schools in Idaho and Wyoming gain chapters. Also more chapters in WA, CO, OR and CA.

(I obviously don't know the reasons behind these chapters closing or why the other states have or haven't been considered for colonization, it's just what I would like to see).
I agree with every one you have on here, Brianna! I'd love to see ADPi back where we've *ever* had a chapter, and maybe someday in my lifetime that'll happen (and in some cases, I know that it won't *ever* happen, but I can always dream, right?)

California actually has 10 active chapters, which is pretty good, but considering the size of this state, there are SO many more schools where ADPi would make a wonderful addition (in my honest and completely unbiased opinion )

I'd love to see a chapter in every state of the U.S., every province of Canada, and continue our expansion into international universities