GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,246
2 members and 1,244 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zillini

- If you have someone sending a Rec in for you, they can submit these for you. If you don't you can send them yourself.

- When selecting which picture to send, please choose wisely. It should be tasteful and show the PNM in the best light. (no pun intended) A standard head shot style is usually the best. This can be your senior pic but it doesn't have to be. It doesn't even have to be by a professional photographer. A standard wallet size or 4x6 will suffice. Please no 8x10s. Also, don't send group photos and expect the Chapters to figure out which person you are. Some PNMs send in multiple pix which isn't necessary. One is plenty, two is fine, but more than that is pointless and they'll probably end up in the trash.
Two of my daughters attended schools where PH said no pictures, they'll be thrown away if you send them. But they were required by many of the sororities on recs so the sororities got them anyway.

Let us stress TASTEFUL pictures again. Two years ago, I received a set from a PNM at UGa and I swear it looked like the kid was doing a pole dance on this tree, complete with skanky expression.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I know exactly what you mean Carnation. I've seen some pretty odd picture choices through the years. One had a PNMs boyfriend (or at least I hope he was) hanging all over the girl with his hands everywhere. One from a party and the girl had a beer bottle in hand (although it was a pretty picture of her, can you say picture cropping?). Some PNMs must think we're running a beauty pagent or something, because I' seen several in bikinis/swimsuits. I don't mind casual/candid snapshots, but not with scroungy shorts and t-shirts or low cut, skin tight, club hopping attire.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Spent the last few days filling out recs for different schools..not that many, I just took my time, lol.

Everyone had a cute pix..looked like their senior pic. I kept thinking boy, what a lot of terrific competition!

Interestingly, the one who was voted Most Beautiful had the largest pix, lol

I do know that if I was a collegiate sorority member, I sure want some advance help in knowing what people looked like ....that way I feel like I already know them..

I do agree with Carnation...pnm's....be careful of what your pix "says" about you. Maybe pnm's would think twice if they had to submit the pix with a short statement "I chose this pix because...."
Old 07-24-2005, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

One thing that really helped me and my classmates was that the local Panhellenic came to each HS to speak to the senior girls...they gave us a nice folder filled with advice (that I ended up giving to my own chapter when I was VP-Recruitment), along with some "dos and don'ts" for our pictures. It was a great thing that they put together--and they were the ones that we submitted our information and resumes to, and they were responsible for getting our recommendations out.

If your hometown doesn't have that--organizing something like that would be great for both the PNMs (so they don't commit a faux pas) and for you (so you don't have to see their faux pas!).

That reminds me--I should email the Alumnae Panhel in my hometown with my new address.