Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 817
0 members and 817 guests
No Members online

Old 01-05-2001, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

We did the Catholic school girl/dirty old men mixer and it went over great. another good idea that was suggested was animal/hunter--girls wear animal print and guys dress up like hunters. Also, a kidnap date party, where the date is a secret until you get a call and you have 1 hour to get dressed and kidnap your date. Hope these help...good luck

------------------
*Kappa-walk in our shoes or stand in our shadows*
Old 01-08-2001, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
-Sex dice mixer - 10 people have the dice and they basically are treated like royalty (get them drinks, etc.), only way to 'unseat' them is to challenge them w/ sex dice
-Tattoo party - get 6 or so names from the sorority/fraternity, have to find those people and have them sign their name somewhere on your body (more points for more risque places)
-wedding mixer - bachelor/bachelorette parties beforehand, then put the girls and guys together and 'marry' off someone
-golf mixer - each room in the house is a 'hole' w/ a different drink, foursomes of guys and girls drink their way around the house and get a 'score'

Old 01-09-2001, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

WE HAVE AN AROUND THE WORLD:
EVERYONE DRESS UP LIKE THEIR GOING ON VACATION COMPLETE WITH PASSPORT AND CAMERAS. EACH ROOM DECOR AND MUSIC FITTING TO PORT IE RUSSIA, MEXICO, JAMAICA. HAVE CORESPOND DRINK/SHOT IE WHITE RUSSIAN, MARGARTAS, JAMAICAN VACATION. EACH ROOM HAS AN CORESPONDING EVENT.
WE ALSO DO SCHOOL DAZE SAME CONCEPT EXCEPT CLASS INSTEAD OF PORT
GOOD LUCK
KAPPA SIGMA NU LAMBDA
Old 01-16-2001, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Krush Party:

Sisters write down 3 of their crushes (#1 being the most crushed on and #3 the least)The crush's phone # or address must also be on the list. All the lists are put into a hat. Each sister will pick a list and they must find that sisters #1 crush and tell him only that he was invited to the (Alpha Sigma Tau) crush party. Give him a orange Krush soda can (thats his invitation) and tell him when and where to be the night of the party. If he can't go, the sister will ask #2 and so on. The fun part of this is that the sister won't know untill the night of the party which one of her crushes will be there. And the guy won't know what sister invited him there, unless that sister confesses.

Andrea (Alpha Sigma Tau)
Old 01-29-2001, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

We've had these themed party mixers:
1. Cowboys and Indians

2. Flapper ('20's theme)

3. Halloween party-The different classes all dress the same. (At ours, the frat brothers made their new members dress up however they wanted-pimps, girls, etc.-and then they would make them sing in the middle of the party--lots of fun!)

4. Foam Party-You just rent a foam machine (I have no idea where) and people walk around rooms that are COVERED in foam. People end up getting quite slippery, and you never know what will happen!

5. Heaven and Hell-Have this party in a three floor house. In the basement have beer, middle floor have shots, and the top floor have mixed drinks and pina colada type drinks. Have the girls dress as slutty angels, and then guys dress like devils. Tons of fun!
Old 01-31-2001, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Another idea is a Clue/murder mystery. Pick categories like where it happened, who did it, what the murder weapon is, who got killed, etc (and you can make up some of your own). Each question gets a table, and 5 cards...one specially marked. Everyone pairs off and goes around to the tables. They pick a card and if it's not the marked one, they take a shot and guess again until they find it. The more tables the more fun, just make sure there aren't TOO many because then noone will be able to remember all the answers!
Old 01-31-2001, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

You can get pretty creative with ice blocks
Old 08-17-2001, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

We had a cool exchange called "Fire and Ice". The girls dressed semi-formal in red, orange and gold, while the guys wore blue, silver and black, also semi-formal. Very fun!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

So many ideas that we've done have already been posted. We've also done Bikers and Babes and Halloween Scream. We've also done a social with other sororities and fraternities and did a date auction with brothers and sisters. I've also heard at other schools doing "Two of a Kind" and "Three's Company" socials. With these all of the 2 (or 3 depending on the theme) letter GLO's get together and have a giant social. From what I hear those are pretty good b/c there's bound to be great turnout and you meet a lot of people. It would take a lot of prior planning but it would be worth it
Old 08-20-2001, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Here are a few ideas for exchanges/mixers:

- Survivor: they had this land and a huge bonfire and everyone wore rags and "Survivor" clothes; smores, a few kegs.

- Revenge of The Nerds: everyone dressed up like a character from the movie- The Alpha Beta boys and cheerleaders, and of course the nerds.

-White Trash Bash

-Delta Disco: this works with only a Delta sorority and a Delta fraternity (Delta Zeta- Delta Chi); go to a roller skating rink.

-Midnight Cowboy/Urban Cowboy

-Jail-break: everyone dresses up like escaped convicts; use handcuffs, etc. fun!

-Wet Western: dress up like cowboys and use water guns, or guns with beer in them.

-Saturday Night Live: dress up like a character from SNL.

That's all I can think of now.

Delta Zeta member

Old 08-22-2001, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

here are the mixer themes we had last semester (my first, since we have deferred rush) and my commentary

Eurotrash: think spice girls on crack haha nah spice girls are good enough, for the girls it was all about big shoes and funky sunglasses.. boys, think austin powers..It was borderline disco

Eskihoes: One of the funniest themes, basically the girls dress "ho-ey" but it had a eskimo look i.e white, or powder blue, fur, feathers. Two girls got this fleece blanket from the thrift store and cut it up and managed to make 2 outfits from it lol. Guys were wearing viking helmets and parkas, one guy donned speedos underneath his haha. One guy (he wins creativity points) wore a tux and when i asked him why he was like "I'm a penguin" lol

Honeymoon on the frontline: this was alot of fun, everyone dressed in army gear, if it was camoflague, tan, or green u were in it. One of the guys would come up to you and ask you to marry them and u procceed to go throughout various rooms of the house which were different stages. One room was the chapel, the honeymoon was downstairs and in one room upstairs, u had kids and then there was the divorce room. Unfortunately by the time i got married, one of the "grooms" broke the chapel arch hahaha, and they ran out of jello shots, so i never go to experience the honeymoon or beyond

Paint mixer: This was the absolute best and hence why i love sig ep. they had a room covered top to bottom with tarps and at the bar there were huge jugs of paint and one big paint war ensues. Well enough paint on the floor and spilled beer, led to various "mud wrestling-esque" fights. Added bonus was that it was flourescent paint and we were in black lights. One memory i have was being fully tackled by this guy pete and he sat on top of me, i was just like "what the hell jsut happened here??"

Well those are mixers i've experienced, here are some that we've had, but not while i was a member:
Barely There: use weird materials to make outfits that are barely there, gave birth to the saran wrap and caution tape "dresses"
40's & Bluntz..pretty self explanatory

whatever u end up doing have fun

------------------
The trouble with trouble, is that it all starts out as fun.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Lightbulb keg offs

[COLOR=deeppink] hi- i've looked through a bunch of these threads and i'm surprised that I havne't seen any ideas for soemthing called a keg off- two teams of a frat and a sorority each team up- each get a keg and the idea is to finish the keg before the other team- its a lot of fun- usually t-shirts are made and its held in someones back yard- its a total blsat and then everyone goes home and then goes to the bars or goes to a house party at the frats house or soemthing- a word of warning though- keep an eye our for cheating- adn also guys get this great idea to drink as much as they can and then throw up- but as long as that doesn't get out on control- its a total blast- we do a lot of them every year- and it gets very competitive
Old 07-18-2003, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
also- dirty money

ohyea- the mixers where the guys have fake cash and the girls do stuff for the money and then they usually get a bottle or soemthing in the end for the one with the most money- we call that dirty money- warning though- it gets pretty out of control!! I got branded the party girl from this event but it is a lot of fun- and make sure the guys hold up to their end by actually giving out the bottles!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite swap- The AMAZING swap

This is the one I still remember nearly 15 years later. The SIGMA Nu's had an A-Mazing swap for us, DG , at Univ. of Southern Miss. They built this pretty huge MAZE out of refridgerator boxes. They had black lights inside and several dead ends. It was a bit of a challenge to get through. They were a great group of guys.
Then another favorite that the guys seemed to like was the Young Guns themed swap(this movie(?) was big then). They dressed up like the Emilio Estevez, and others. We had fun too. 50's swap was fun. I bet a pirate theme would be fun to guys too.
We have even used the Maze idea for church parties like Halloween alternatives except we couldn't find enough boxes so we built it out of black plastic(you buy from Lowe's or Home Depot).
Old 09-08-2003, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the most successful parties we had was a "Private Eye" party (to be honest, the name made no sense, but it was a popular song at the time and we couldn't call it what it was, which was a "White Elephant" party!) We all dressed like spies (trench coats, sunglasses).

Each of the girls invited 2 or 3 ex-boyfriends or male friends that they wouldn't mind someone else dating, and we encouraged folks to make sure at least some of their invitees were non-Greeks. We never really told the guys the point of the party ("uh, actually, we're trying to foist our seconds off on the other girls") It actually worked really well, since our school was huge, and it was a great way to meet interesting guyswho WEREN'T in fraternities.

The best part was the port-mortems.