GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,133
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodapolarisnupe
» Online Users: 1,261
1 members and 1,260 guests
navane

Old 11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNoles View Post
can i just say that we had our bid day party at the new pike house last night .... and it is nothing short of AMAZING. the room set up, everything. everyone has their own small balcony. and the courtyard is amazing. wow what a house.

I LOVE the pike house at Florida State..and I love the fact it's the biggest fraternity house in the nation go FSU!

I wish I had a pic of the Kappa house, because it's huge and white and antebellum (sp?) and gorgeous, but my camera broke and for some reason there's no photos on the website. When I get some I'll post them!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the Pike house at FSU is hideous...and looks like an office building.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

You can see the newly renovated Pi Phi house at Ole Miss. They have redone the front of their house completely. It use to look like a "ski lodge." They are almost finished with it. I believe they added some more rooms and renovated other parts of their house! It's really pretty!

Also, here is a pic of the newly built ATO House, it's super duper nice!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsuchelle View Post
Well, my chapter closed a little over a year ago, but this was our house (at San Diego State University):

Definitely a far cry from some of the Southern houses you guys have posted!
Whose house was it before? It looks like you can see where previous letters were on the house. The last one being omega???
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
Whose house was it before? It looks like you can see where previous letters were on the house. The last one being omega???
I've never noticed that! I don't know.. I think it was a fraternity, maybe a local one.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

If you're interested heres the inside during house renovations 20-some-dd years ago
Old 11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EtaRhoTau
http://www.ucf-ato.org/photogallery.htm

the house has had a lot of improvements since these pictures were taken

im working on uploading more recent ones.

the page is a flash slideshow
Old 11-10-2006, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Texas Beta
Texas Beta

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and it seems like a great community!

I’ll give a little history first, We built our first house in the late 1940’s and at that time it was the largest fraternity house at Texas. *I don’t have a picture of it right now, but I’ll take one over the weekend* In 1996 some unfortunate things happened and we lost it. Currently ATO owns it. It’s a fantastic house!

While we wait for our new house we’ve taken over an apartment complex. We tried to get the Sigma Chi house, but Phi Psi got the lease. (I hear rumors that Sigma Chi is going to restart next year? Can anyone else from Texas confirm this)

Anyway, this so far is the design for the new house. It’s a little blocky for my liking, but will defiantly stand out on campus.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Illinois state represent?!

are there any pics of the houses at Illinois State?? i went there for a bit and only got to see the Delta Zeta house and AGD..both of which were gorgeous!

also if i can get photos of the rest of the USF houses i will..i know there was a post with the ADPi house and Chi-o and SigEp houses.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Beta View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and it seems like a great community!

I’ll give a little history first, We built our first house in the late 1940’s and at that time it was the largest fraternity house at Texas. *I don’t have a picture of it right now, but I’ll take one over the weekend* In 1996 some unfortunate things happened and we lost it. Currently ATO owns it. It’s a fantastic house!

While we wait for our new house we’ve taken over an apartment complex. We tried to get the Sigma Chi house, but Phi Psi got the lease. (I hear rumors that Sigma Chi is going to restart next year? Can anyone else from Texas confirm this)

Anyway, this so far is the design for the new house. It’s a little blocky for my liking, but will defiantly stand out on campus.

Ive heard the same thing about Sigma Chi.....not sure though.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

i saw someing about a chapter not being able to have a house because of a law about no more than a certin amount of women in a house its like that in my school. there trying to change the law. we were going to get houses but we has a conoly become a full chapter our ADPi and now we have to wait till they have the money to buy at house. we have a dorm hall for all the girls in each chapter its cool.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

TKE house at NCSU

We are neighbors with the ZTA house on the previous page at NCSU, as well as with Chi Omega and AGR. Our house looks more like an office building, but it's definitely the nicest, newest thriving house at NC State (completed in Fall 2002).

Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everblue1037 View Post
i saw someing about a chapter not being able to have a house because of a law about no more than a certin amount of women in a house its like that in my school. there trying to change the law. we were going to get houses but we has a conoly become a full chapter our ADPi and now we have to wait till they have the money to buy at house. we have a dorm hall for all the girls in each chapter its cool.
UGH. Why do these rumors persist? Everblue, this is not true. Everyone gives this excuse for why their school/chapter doesn't have greek housing, and it's just not the case. There are reasons why some chapters don't have houses, but the "brothel law" is not one of them. Sorry.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everblue1037 View Post
we were going to get houses but we has a conoly become a full chapter our ADPi and now we have to wait till they have the money to buy at house.

Where're Drolefille and her incredible translating skills?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

Where're Drolefille and her incredible translating skills?
I think she means that ADPi just installed a chapter on her campus and now "they" have to wait for ADPi's House Corp/Board to have enough money to buy/build a house before other chapters can build a house, apparently in the Red Light district.

Took a while with my decoder ring, but that's the gist of it.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.