GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,278
3 members and 1,275 guests
Low D Flat

Old 08-11-2003, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Serious Problem

Okay, I am a 34 DD and have been for some yaers. I am thin, I wear a 5/6 but my boobs are the first thing people notice about me. They are huge. I can't find bathing suits, except in Florida, and I have to buy seperates. I can't wear but maybe two or three, because if they go behind my neck they hurt! I have huge dents in my shoulders from my strap marks. I wear two shirts to work to cover any possible cleavage and yet my boss mentioned today that even though he knows I am trying not to, and even though he knows I am not aware of it, if a taller man comes in he can see cleavage down some of my shirts, so I need to be more selective about what I wear.
Well I am thinking that I should get reduction. Everyone always wishes they had bigger boobs it seems, but it is all people notice on me. My friends and family all tease me, which doesn't really bother me anymore, I am used to it, but I hate that it is the #1 consideration I have for buying clothes, or going places. I just need a miracle. I am so ready to cry. This sucks. Why can't I just be normal?

Facebook
Old 08-11-2003, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I honestly believe you should look into it. A lot of things can be done to make one feel more confident in life and this is no exception. All I would ask is that you weigh any health concerns against the end result. There are ALWAYS risks.

It seems to be a simple surgery and if it helps your back and shoulder problems (which will ONLY get worse as you age) that alone is reason enough. You have my sympathy. Sometimes God's abundance is more than we can carry!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Roseblum15
One of my good friends had reduction surgery and is so much happier now. She was always a wild person, but now she is so much more confident about herself. It was definately a good decision on her part.

So like the above posts, if you are serious about it, definately look into it.

Good Luck
Old 08-11-2003, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I think you should look into it, too. I know a couple of women who have done it and they all say they wish they'd done it sooner. If it's making you that uncomfortable, surgery would probably help quite a bit.

You're definitely not the only woman with this problem.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Just to point something out - you mentioned that you are considering a breast reduction because you can't find clothes, or bathing suits and you are teased. I would like to mention that us women with no boobs have similar problems. I can't even find bras to fit (I mean NOT EVEN kid training bras!), and no clothes look rights, even my speedo bathing suit (for lap swimming) has extra fabric where boobs should be. We don't have the back problems and such, but just remember, some girls that go the other way and get breast implants do it for more than just superficial reasons.

Two year countdown to breast implants for me! Small-Medium B here I come!!! Weeeeeeeeee....
Old 08-11-2003, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe that if you are experiencing back pain and migraines, there are some insurance companies that will cover the procedure. Make sure to check into that as well.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was in high school, I wore a DDD and a size 8 dress. It was awful trying to find clothes, my back hurt, guys were a pain in the ass, etc. I had a breast reduction at 17 and it was a great decision!! It was worth doing, insurance paid for it and I'm much happier now.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

This problem runs in my family. I was a C cup by the time I entered junior high. And we have way to many D's in our family to count. Ugh! And my youngest sister is more like you I think. Only she is shorter. She is about 5'1 and a size 2 or smaller. But she has to think about what she wears carefully. There are just certain things we don't wear. And we have accepted the stares. (Our aunts are the same way). My dad has described his personal experiences of what happens during surgery. And it is not pretty. Nor is the recovery. But I know this is something I will have done eventually. But it won't be until it is neccessary. Like back pain, or if they start hanging down around my knees.

My advice would be to not put yourself through it until it is neccessary. But going and getting a doctor to explain everything to you would be informative and might alter your decision.

What I wouldn't give to be able to jog in public!!

Last edited by Kristin AGD; 08-12-2003 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, you need to do what will make you happy. It is your body; you and only you live with it every, single day! If you will feel better having reduction surgery, then go for it. Or at the least make an appointment with a plastic surgeon. There is absolutely nothing wrong with changing aspects of your appearance that you are unhappy with and I say that life is waaay too short to spend part of it not feeling your best
Old 08-12-2003, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

one of the girls i work with had it done this past spring. her insurance company paid for it bc she had so many well documented back problems! the one thing her doctor suggested was that she also receive a liposuction under her arms (where the boobs kind of hang over) bc it makes the whole thing better. this part she had to pay for herself, but it was only $1500. she had the surgery over a vacation and took another week off from work. she basically had to wear a sports bra for a month and couldn't exercise or do streneous activity. all in all, she is SO HAPPY!!!!!! she loves being able to buy bras that don't look like "granny" bras and cute tops! check it out and see what is best for you!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Everyone I know who has gotten a reduction has had it covered by their medical insurance. Most insurers now recognize the health benefits of breast reduction--you should certainly check into it.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Serious Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemyglo
I wear two shirts to work to cover any possible cleavage and yet my boss mentioned today that even though he knows I am trying not to, and even though he knows I am not aware of it, if a taller man comes in he can see cleavage down some of my shirts, so I need to be more selective about what I wear.
I think that you should do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. However, I'm really bothered by the statement above. Maybe instead of telling you to cover up more, your boss should tell grown men that they should know better than to look down your shirt. I fail to understand how that should be your problem. What asses.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Banned

Re: Serious Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemyglo
Okay, I am a 34 DD and have been for some yaers. I am thin, I wear a 5/6 but my boobs are the first thing people notice about me. They are huge.

Where have you been all my life?
Old 08-12-2003, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Re: Re: Serious Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I think that you should do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. However, I'm really bothered by the statement above. Maybe instead of telling you to cover up more, your boss should tell grown men that they should know better than to look down your shirt. I fail to understand how that should be your problem. What asses.
I was thinking the same thing as valkyrie. They shouldn't be looking down your shirt. It's not like you are flaunting yourself. As everyone here has said, you need to do what makes you feel best about yourself. I know someone who had breast reduction surgery, and it was very successful. I know someone else who wears minimizer bras from Wacoal. She looks like she is a cup size smaller. Maybe you can try this first.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:35 PM
wreckingcrew

Re: Re: Serious Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Sverige
Where have you been all my life?
^
|
|
|

Today's award winner for most predictable post of the day.

ilovemyglo,

While i've never personally had to deal with this, i think you've gotten some great advice on this thread.

Plus, if you think you've got back problems now, i'd imagine that in 20 or 30 years it'll be a lot worse.

Kitso
KS 361