GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,407
0 members and 1,407 guests
No Members online

Old 02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Worst Roommate Stories

Pretty self explanatory. Share past or present. I'll start.

My freshman year in college was filled with, ah, experiences to be remembered. There were four of us girls to a suit, with a shared bathroom. The two girls in one room were friends since high school and the two of us in the other room were complete strangers, no interests in common - worst match of life. Halfway through the school year, the two girls in the other room had a massive fight. They basically divided the suit in half, each marking their territory with post-it notes and sharpies. One girl was convinced the other three roommates were stealing her pickles from the pickle jar in the fridge. She sealed it shut with duct tape (so it was tamper evident?) and wrote a note basically saying "quit eating my pickles or I'm gonna cut you (it was full of grammatical and spelling errors and riddled with ghetto/text speak and complete with every expletive you can imagine)." She taped the note to the top of jar. A few days later, my high school friend came over and saw the lovely note and we shared a good laugh. Then, he pulled out a red pen and proceeded to edit her note. He left it on the jar for her to find.

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928
Old 02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

OOOOOOOOMG Worst roommate ever: She was crazy. I'm crazy, but she was CRAZY, absolutely certifiable. She had no concept of boundaries and privacy. Our apartment was divided into 3 on each side (NOTE: 6 person suites+all girls=drama). Each side had it's own kitchen and bathroom. She bonded with my friend (we were on one side) so she decided to "move in" to our side. She kept her food in our fridge, got ready in our bathroom (as though 3 sharing a bathroom weren't enough). She was always cooking on our side, but NEVER cleaned. She would sleep in my friend's room (why she let her, I have no idea) so she was there ALL THE TIME. And she was always rude to me, always telling me I was "in her way" or, if I came into my friend's bedroom, she'd tell me to leave, I was crowding them. "Uh this isn't even your side of the apartment, if you feel "crowded" go back to where you came from." We fought constantly until one day I just snapped(....won't even tell you what I did or else this thread would have to be about me....may have been a knife-like object involved....) We didn't speak again and I was glad when she moved out.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

My freshman year I was in a suite with 2 singles, 3 doubles and a common room and bathroom. I got along and liked everyone in my suite, one guy I went to high school with and was good friends with. My roommate, however, was a nightmare. He stayed up til 4AM most nights playing World of Warcraft, said he has 'hearing problems' but still critiqued every band/singer I listened to, used the floor as his hamper, showered maybe once that semester, and never left the room except for class (which he slept through a lot anyways), work and getting food.

He lost his room key about 2 weeks into the semester, and instead of wanting to pay the $40 re-core fee, decided to have one of us be in the room. As a result, the door was never locked. I got back from class/rehearsal/whatever one day and walked in on him changing. I had done this once before and I quickly got out to give him his privacy. I think to myself "Okay, he's in his underwear on my side of the room. There's no reason for him to be on my side of the room." I give him a few minutes and sit down at my desk. A quick pull up of Firefox and a glance into 'my' history showed nothing but cartoon smut. I nearly gagged and set up a password immediately. I moved out by October.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

My freshman roommate became addicted to my TylenolPM and we (me and a friend from across the hall) had to do an intervention. Kinda funny, but not so much. We were kind of close b/c our bf's frm hs were best friends so we shared clothes until I caught her wearing my dirty clothes from the hamper... EEEEWWW...

My sophomore yr (off campus) roommates were selling syrup (codeine+ rx cough syrup) out of the apt then got pissed when I moved out w/no notice.

My junior year suite mate (rooms were connected by bath) had a live-in whom she argued with allllll the time and I had to sit and listen to their uncomfortable fights after which she'd complain that "you know they can hear us!" and go into the bathroom (FOREVER) and bawl.... Second semester there was an older non-traditional student who swore than my bf would be trying to look at her in the shower when he was over and she was catholic and if he raped her she could not have an abortion! She was totally batshit crazy.

Last edited by DiamondAthena; 02-17-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

My freshman year of college, I went away to school and roomed in a triple. One roommate almost never slept in the dorms, but went back to her mother’s every weekend. The other was a local girl who was a catcher on the softball team, spat when she talked, wore too-tight clothes, stole my Snapple out of the fridge, and loved to drink by herself.

I remember counting 4 days in a row when she didn’t shower. She would get up at 5am, go to softball practice, go to class, come back and nap, go to study hall, go to dinner, nap, get dressed and go to the clubs with her friends – and do it all over the next day!

One night she brought a strange dude home from the club with her. They went up into her bunk, did their thing, then the fire alarms went off and the building emptied. We get the all clear, and I go back up to the room, my roommate follows. But her dude was nowhere to be found. We fall asleep. A few hours later, I’m half-awake and hear our door open. Apparently, he had stolen her swipe key, ran in, grabbed her laptop and bounced. This is what you get, you nasty girl!

I transferred home at the end of the school year.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

This one time, my roommate logged onto GC under my username and posted all of this crazy stuff!

(kidding, couldn't resist considering the drama going on today)
Old 02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
This one time, my roommate logged onto GC under my username and posted all of this crazy stuff!

(kidding, couldn't resist considering the drama going on today)
LOL!

So after Pickle Girl moved out, we had another girl move in. My suitmate and the other suitmate bonded and wanted to share a room, leaving me with the new girl. That was all well and good. I pride myself on being able to get along with just about anyone. The new girl was sooooo weird.

She moved in and asked me what my schedule was like. I told her (sleep late, class in the afternoon, friends/hanging out/study) and she proceeded to inform me that my schedule wasn't going to work for her. This girl got up (thanks to her loud ass alarm clock) at 5am EVERYday, took a bath, ate breakfast and went to class by 7am. For some reason she kept her clothes in plastic Publix bags in the dorm dressers. Waking up at 5am everydamnday and hearing her search through plastic bags everydamnday got old fast.

Never mind the strange orange ring she left in the tub (which she never cleaned), her ridiculous requirements for her 24/7 study time (stories for later) and her plastic bag fetish.

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928
Old 02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, not my roommate but still a great story. Freshman year, there was a girl down the hall from me who had a girlfriend in the same dorm. Her roomie was one of my friends and, one day, she was down the hall in another girl's room FREAKING OUT. I asked her what happened and she said she'd been asleep in the top bunk the night before and the shaking of the bed woke her up. She thought it was an earthquake (we're from Cali, it's what we all think). Then she heard grunting and moaning. She peeked over the edge of the bunk and saw her roomie wearing a strap-on, going at it with her gf on the bottom bunk. They were being super rough so that the whole bunk shook and kept saying all these dirty, vulgar things to each other, not even bothering to keep their voices down. She just lay there through the whole thing, pretending to be sleeping. She just about died, but thought it'd be even more awkward if there was confrontation so she just lay there, waiting for them to stop and go to bed. She went to the residential director the next morning and asked for a room switch. She wouldn't tell her why, so the RD wouldn't let her. She was all shaking and sweating bullets while she told this story. I couldn't help it--I cracked up listening and I laugh everytime I tell this story (including right now). We were 18, no one was expecting that first semester of college.

She slept down the hall for the rest of the semester and we all took turns going into her room for stuff because she wouldn't go in there for like a week: "I can't go in there, IT MIGHT BE CUDDLE TIME!!"

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 02-17-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

My first roomate in college scheduled her classes around the Young and the Restless. This was before cable in dorm rooms, so she had to watch it on the lounge tv- so she would go downstairs 1 hr before it started to stake her claim. Then finals week came, and she had a final scheduled for the same time as Y&R- only it was sweeps, so they had a big wedding that day. She opted to miss her FINAL to watch it. She ended up on academic probation and opted not to return for winter quarter.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 02-17-2010, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Hahahah ewwwww!!! I would die!
(Oh I meant that about the strap-on story)

Btw: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=94782
Old 02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Okay, not my roommate but still a great story. Freshman year, there was a girl down the hall from me who had a girlfriend in the same dorm. Her roomie was one of my friends and, one day, she was down the hall in another girl's room FREAKING OUT. I asked her what happened and she said she'd been asleep in the top bunk the night before and the shaking of the bed woke her up. She thought it was an earthquake (we're from Cali, it's what we all think). Then she heard grunting and moaning. She peeked over the edge of the bunk and saw her roomie wearing a strap-on, going at it with her gf on the bottom bunk. They were being super rough so that the whole bunk shook and kept saying all these dirty, vulgar things to each other, not even bothering to keep their voices down. She just lay there through the whole thing, pretending to be sleeping. She just about died, but thought it'd be even more awkward if there was confrontation so she just lay there, waiting for them to stop and go to bed. She went to the residential director the next morning and asked for a room switch. She wouldn't tell her why, so the RD wouldn't let her. She was all shaking and sweating bullets while she told this story. I couldn't help it--I cracked up listening and I laugh everytime I tell this story (including right now). We were 18, no one was expecting that first semester of college.

She slept down the hall for the rest of the semester and we all took turns going into her room for stuff because she wouldn't go in there for like a week: "I can't go in there, IT MIGHT BE CUDDLE TIME!!"
LMFAO. That has to be one of the best stories I have ever heard.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle View Post
One girl was convinced the other three roommates were stealing her pickles from the pickle jar in the fridge. She sealed it shut with duct tape (so it was tamper evident?) and wrote a note basically saying "quit eating my pickles or I'm gonna cut you (it was full of grammatical and spelling errors and riddled with ghetto/text speak and complete with every expletive you can imagine)."
Who was your roommate, Bonquiqui?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

My freshman year I was in 4 person/2 bath, so two girls to one bath. Well the girl that I shared my bathroom had just come out of NA (narcotics anonymous) and that is also where she met her boyfriend. Well the boyfriend did not have a place to live, because he still was on drugs, so she let him illegally live with her in the dorms. Well towards the middle of the semester I started hearing noises (yes those noises) from the shower. Needless to say, the next time I hear the noises I also saw them both walking out of the shower together. She never even cleaned it after they were finished doing it in OUR shower. Then second semester came around and she broke it off with him. I thought things would get better, no! She moved on, well he did not. The cherry on the top of this situation was having the police wake me up, because the ex-boyfriend had just come over to our front door with his drug dealer roommate with a gun and knife to demand she get back with her! Two months later ... she got back with him.

Finally the mixture of drugs, school, and drama got to her and she transfered to a different school in a different state. I was so lucky to get to experience her while she was here. Yay me!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

These stories make me happy I never had a roommate.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a freshman, many eons ago, I had two roommates in one year. The first one, we turned out to be good friends later on, I moved out of because of her friends.
Story short, I came back from class one day, and the friend was sitting on my bed, yes on my bedspread, with her legs ontop of my bedspread, and didn't want to move. When she saw me, and trust me, I am a big girl, girly wanted to act like she wasn't moving until I began to move, o.k., girl moves, I move out. Cool.
I had previously met the next roomie in the bathrooms. It was a common bathroom. Cool, she didn't have a roomie, and we moved in. I was like cool! That was until the the second week of moving in!
I discovered, the grass isn't always greener on the other side!

During her tenure at my school (which was that only semester)this girl was maybe two dimes away from being a certified hoe. As far as being a roommate, she was a thief and almost got her tail beat into the nearest next week I could find.
Anways, for the entire semester, she never, NEVER, changed her sheets, washed clothes, showered on a regualar basis, or even went to classess as far as I could tell. They (the sheets) were a very pretty pink and gray design, when she left, they were nearing dark gray and black. She kept a trash bag at the end of her bed that she filled not only with trash, but also with food and sanitary napkins. She would change her sanitary napkins and tampons, I guess, in the room. The way that I only know that fact was that I was asleep one day, it was about 6am, and I heard the ripping sound of a sanitary napkin bag opening and being taken off of someones drawers (men, the ladies will understand that sound).
Anyways, I always wondered why I was like going through 3 or 4 cans of room spray about every 2 weeks. To this day, I cannot stand the smell of cinnamon spray b/c that was the spray that I had at that time.
Further, my Mom was getting frustrated with me because every month, I had to call and ask her to send $ for washing powder. Found out from her friends, whom she pissed off before the end of the semester, that she was stealing my powder, soap, toothpaste, you name it, it was stolen until I locked my trunk up and she didn't have the code. Good God was she PISSED about that!
The room was small, about the size of a jail cell, so literally, the tile separated the person's "space." Well I'd clean mine and was like, "Damn hers" and my life went on. This was until midterm finals. Showdown!
Started as an argument about her taking my stuff. She got mad that I'd found out and I wanted the $ she'd stolen from me! Got UUU-GGG-LLL-YY when I called her out about being a hoe.
How was this proven, well, short story is, one day, walking home from the cafe and some random dude calls me out by name across campus. I'm like, "who in the HELL are you and HOW do you know me?" Dude was like, "you're _______'s roommate." "Yeah, so what about it," says I. Dude says, "tell _______ we (and he says his name) said thank you for the train last night." I'm like O.K.
Now, being from a small ass country town, having a mother that didn't talk about sex, and never having the sense to ask my older siblings about it, I didn't know what he was talking about. I'm thinking, "what, the Chattanooga Choo Choo, where's the Amtrack around here?" Asked a friend, mind temporary blown away as to the newly amassed information.
And now the rest of the story.
Got into blowout with roomie about her nasty habits, ways, actions, behaviors, and deeds. RA came in two or three times that night. Had an 8am midterm, and went to bed at 6am. Made test, passed test, and chick continued to be in school.
End of story, is the funniest.
Her friends got pissed as hell at her. I don't know to this day what she said or did to those girls. All's I know is one day they came in talking to me about her. I was like, damn, damn, damn, DAMN! They get so pissed off about her that they begin to tear her stuff up. I mean rip crap up, tear books up, tear clothes, etc. They took bleach, soap powder, makeup, etc and put in her shampoo bottle. I'm sitting there and am like uh, no, I'm not finnto leave with these crazy heffa's up in here. It got so bad that I had my hammer out for some reason (fixing something) and they took my hammer and hammered her retainer. They then went through her clothes and stole about half of them. Chick didn't notice.
Come back after semester is over and this is when girl accuses me of stealing her clothes. Took to the dorm mother, the RA, and even the dean of women. They look at her, she was a size 12 and look at me, at that time I was a size 26/28, and laugh! And I do mean laugh! I let them look through all of my clothes, closets, trunks, bottom bed drawers, etc, surprise, suprise (in best Gomer Pyle voice) and no her clothes were never found!
Chick "changes" school this semester and I pay for private room price rather than have another crazy as a roommate.