View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

*Prefs*

We get our prefs invites the next morning. Melissa has been invited back to Pi Phi and Alpha Xi. Kelli and I look at our invites. Yay! I got my two top choices: ADPi and ZTA!
Kelli looks at her invites. She has not been invited back to ADPi, but she’s very excited to be going to Tri-Delta and Pi Phi. Kelli is very sure she wants to be a Tri-Delta at this point.

ADPi is my first prefs ceremony. Amy, my rusher from the day before, greets me again. We have a chat in her room in the house and she tells me about her experience with the sorority, and she tells me how honored she would be to have me as a sister. We head into the chapter room for a ceremony, and I’m in tears. I just love, love, love ADPi!

Next, at ZTA, my rusher from the day before greets me. She isn’t a house resident, so we’re sitting at a table and talking about prefs-type talk. The ZTA’s are wearing beautiful white dresses with turquoise sashes. I really like these girls a lot. Their ceremony is lovely. Can I see myself as a sister here, though?

There’s a break between prefs and bid card signing. Kelli and I decide to grab Subway at the Student Union. She’s 100% decided to rank Tri-Delta first, but I’m still sorting things through. I love ADPi, but the ZTA's have made me feel really at home, too. In the end, I rank ADPi first and ZTA second.

*Bid Day*

On Bid Day, I eagerly open my envelope to read….
The sisters of Zeta……

WHAT?!

(to be continued...)