View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

*Skit Night*

Note from the Present Day: UCF eventually did away with Skit Night and Diversity Day, replacing them with Video Day and Philanthropy Night, by the way!

Onto the skits...

We assemble in the classroom for the start of Round 3 and get our invite lists back. I am returning to Pi Phi, ZTA, ADPi and Alpha Xi. Kelli and I are a little bummed to have been dropped by KD, but very excited that we have both been asked back to ADPi together. Our other friend Melissa has not, but the three of us will be visiting Pi Phi together.

Alpha Xi’s skit is a take-off of the Back to the Future, and it’s really funny, especially because the girl playing Doc Brown is amazing in the role and there are jokes about having to pump up Marty's hightops! Pi Phi does a take-off of Gilligan Island . These girls are fabulous performers and one of the singers gives me chills. Off to ZTA where they do a take-off of MTV called ZTV. These girls are so nice; I can’t believe I was intimidated at the thought of ever entering their home before recruitment! Pi Phi has some amazing rooms—unlike the other housed chapters where the girls sleep 2 to a room, Pi Phi rooms are triples and they are positively enormous.

At ADPi, I meet a girl named Amy. Love her! ADPi’s skit is a take-off of the musical Annie. At the end, a sister sings a take-off of “Tomorrow.” She’s a classically trained opera singer and the current Miss UCF. Wow! As I’m leaving, Tami, my rusher from the first day runs up to say hi to me again. I can’t believe she actually remembered me! I am starting to realize that my worries throughout the week about “trying harder at ADPi” are silly— I am starting to see how comfortable I have been at this sorority all week and that I’ve truly been myself the entire time!

Off to rank the chapters… this time we can rank up to 2 “Number 1” choices, and one “Number 2,” and one “Number 3,” Prefs is tomorrow night!

Funny side note: After one of the sororities's skits, their mix tape kept playing, and that old song that goes "How Bizarre, How Bizarre" in the chorus started playing (Ok, it was a new song at the time. I get it, I'm old). The weirder part was that the whole chapter started singing it!!! I walked out of there thinking How Bizarre... It wasn't the act of singing, it was the song itself... not really something you'd think of as a sisterhood song! LOL.