View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAXOTerp View Post
Yeah, I can't say I remember chatting about the colors or too much about the history of an org when I went through rush. All of that info, plus philanthropy, local & nat'l founding dates, was in the rush booklet.

Also even if I knew a lot about a chapter & was then being told info I already knew during rush I probably would have just nodded my head and expressed interest instead of saying that I already knew that because I wouldn't want to seem like a know-it-all. I remember from going thru rush that Theta of course was proud of being the first GLO for women and AOPi was proud of the fact they were the first sorority on our campus- I can't imagine any rushee being told and then replying, "oh I know."
It wasn't an "oh, I know session", I asked simple questions. Like, for example, I knew AXO started as a music sorority, so when I was with the girl rushing me I asked her if the symphony stayed the same after the music requirement was removed from eligibility. Or, on philanthropy day, at Phi Mu the girl rushing me was talking about the sand art, but not the actually philanthropy, so I asked about it. "What else do you do for CMN? What kind of unique things does your chapter do for the children?"

I didn't walk up to every sister gloating about my knowledge. If it came up, I spoke about it. Like, at Sigma, the girl rushing me and I spent a considerable amount of time discussing the history of the Robbie Page foundation and how if formed as Sigma grew instead of her telling me the whole story of how the boy died. Seriously, I was classy.

It definately was not a "oh, i know, you don't have to talk to me" session. It was the best way I knew to express my interest and show sincere commitment to an organization. I was prepared and I knew what I was getting myself into when I went greek.