View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
Zeta,
While all of the research I did sparked an interest in the history of orgs for me, that's not why I did it. I did it because I wanted to present the best side of myself and I wanted each organization to know that I was committed to the process even before joining. I wanted to stand out and impress the women of each chapter and I thought that coming in informed of the National organization's activities would give me a chance and the sisters a chance to really get to know me, instead of going through the normal "This is an intro to Alpha Chi" thing. I wanted to stand out and I thought that was the way to do it.
Yeah, I can't say I remember chatting about the colors or too much about the history of an org when I went through rush. All of that info, plus philanthropy, local & nat'l founding dates, was in the rush booklet.

Also even if I knew a lot about a chapter & was then being told info I already knew during rush I probably would have just nodded my head and expressed interest instead of saying that I already knew that because I wouldn't want to seem like a know-it-all. I remember from going thru rush that Theta of course was proud of being the first GLO for women and AOPi was proud of the fact they were the first sorority on our campus- I can't imagine any rushee being told and then replying, "oh I know."