View Single Post
Old 07-18-2000, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

my school (which is 75% greek by the way) holds formal rush for women in the winter. we get photos of every freshman woman in august at the beginning of school out of the freshman facebook. we don't yet know who will rush (registration isn't until late october). we look at those photos from the facebook to try to familiarize ourselves with all of the freshmen women (i.e. potential rushees). at our meetings during the fall, we discuss the freshmen girls and we refer to the photos if we can't put a face with the name being discussed. the purpose of headshots is to help all the sisters get familiar with the freshmen before rush begins. some sororities may put up a slide of your picture during voting (if they use that method, mine doesn't) to help everyone remember who you are.

another bit of inside info about rush that i'd like to add--the night BEFORE pref night is crucial. if you make it to this night, you're doing great. you have survived the biggest cuts. houses usually don't cut after pref night.

[This message has been edited by southern_theta (edited July 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by southern_theta (edited July 18, 2000).]